IBSAT is a national level entrance examination held for admissions to MBA/ PGDM Programmes in 9 different IBS Business Schools all over India. IBSAT Result 2019 was declared on December 26, 2019 by the official ICFAI foundation. The result was released on the official website – ibsindia.org. Candidates who appeared for the exam can access their results by entering their user IDs and passwords.
Latest: IBSAT 2019 Result has been released on December 26, 2019 – Download Here
Shortlisted candidates from IBSAT 2019 along with those who applied with valid GMAT (2017 onwards), NMAT by GMAC™ 2017 and CAT 2017 score holders will be called for a group discussion and personal interview round post selection. IBS Hyderabad conducts the final IBSAT selection process.
IBSAT Selection Process consists of following 4 steps:
- Candidates that are able to qualify the minimum cutoff marks for IBSAT 2019 can register themselves for the IBSAT selection process.
- This process can be initiated once the cutoff is out on the official website. An operational link will be accessible once the cutoff is released.
- IBS conducts several selection briefings across the country to provide correct information and guidance to candidates who wish to attain admission in one of the ICFAI institutes.
- IBS experts take extra care to answer all of the candidate’s queries and also provide important pointers for GD and PI preparation.
- Applicants can choose the venue, date and time of the selection briefings according to their preference. Candidates who clear the exam will be invited for the selection briefings prior to the group discussion and personal interview.
- Candidates are invited for the group discussion round after the selection briefings have ended at IBS Hyderabad.
- Applicants are generally segregated into groups and each group is given a topic to discuss for 15-20 minutes.
- Other than current affairs, candidates should read up on current affair headlines on a daily basis and also practice some common topics which the candidate clear the group discussion round.
- Those who have successfully gotten through the group discussion round are called for the personal interview round.
- Personal interviews are created to assess the candidate’s confidence, clarity of thought, and interpersonal and soft skills.
- Shortlisted aspirants have to appear for all rounds to be eligible for admission.
IBSAT 2019 Admission Process for MBA and PGPM programs is scheduled from February 22 to February 29, 2020, while the selection process for Ph.D programme is scheduled from March 7 to March 8, 2020.The IBSAT Selection Briefings are scheduled to occuring from January 11-19, 2020.
Group Discussion Tips
How to prepare for IBSAT Group Discussion?
In IBSAT GD (Group Discussion), candidates will be divided into small groups consisting of about 8 to 10 people. Then the judgment panel will give them a topic in which they have to discuss for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Candidates are advised to read newspapers and business magazines daily for getting knowledge on current topics.
In IBSAT GD, the panel will check, how a candidate deals with a particular situation, how they are working in a group and deal with that situation and how they are reaching the conclusions. In every workplace, candidates have to address different kinds of situations. Good managers deal with every situation wisely and get good results out of it.
Following are some tips which are very useful to crack IBSAT 2019 Group Discussion round:
- Start preparing for IBSAT GD in the early stages. Don’t think that you can start preparation after qualifying the IBSAT online examination.
- Group Discussion includes 3 fields- acquire knowledge, get a clear view of the topic, evaluate the situation and convince others why you have chosen that side of the topic.
- Read newspapers, business magazines and be updated with the current affairs especially those which are related to your field of interest.
- Prepare with previous years’ IBSAT GD topics too.
Keep in mind that those who take initiative in starting a discussion and those who conclude a group discussion will get extra points.
Personal Interview Tips
Tips to Crack IBSAT Personal Interview
Well, selectors don’t know who you are. It is through the personal interview that they get to know you. So, it is a very good platform to showcase yourself. Hence, be confident and answer the questions politely. Interviewers may ask you about your interests, aspirations, academic backgrounds, your strengths, weaknesses etc. Go by preparing some topics.
Given below are some tips that are very useful to crack the IBSAT PI:
- Go by preparing answers to some common questions like introduce yourself, your strength-weakness, goals, role models, aspiration etc.
- Be aware of the relevant and current topics. Don’t give your personal opinion directly. Give them a clear cut idea that why you have to answer like this and why you have chosen this side. Explain them your point clearly. Selectors are sitting there to listen to you. So make your point clear.
- Write down your points in a book and go through it daily. Make your view clear.
- Know about the business world and the specialisation which you are going to opt.
- Be mature while answering. Don’t be aggressive. Be matured enough to understand the pros and cons of every situation.
Personal Interview Questions
What are the common IBSAT Personal Interview questions?
Candidates can expect the following question in IBSAT Personal Interview.
- Introduce yourself or tell me something about you.
- Why have you chosen MBA/ PGDM programme?
- What are your goals?
- Who is your role model and why?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about your hobbies and interests?
- Tell me about your work experiences
- Where do you see yourself after 5 to 10 years from now?
- What makes you angry?
- What motivates you??
Candidates can expect questions from academic sections as well as if there is any year gap- then you have to explain the reason behind that. Prepare by asking yourself lots of questions and be confident.