Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is conducted by Anna University each year. The exam is conducted for admissions to various institutes of the state for MCA, MBA, M.Tech, M.Plan and M.Arch Degree Courses.
Registration for TANCET 2018 is open now. The last date to apply is April 23. The application fee is INR 500 for General Category.
While filling TANCET application form, students come across a number of queries relating to scanned photograph and signature. For your ease, we have jotted down the basic guidelines to keep in mind:
- The size of the images should not exceed 30 KB.
- After uploading the images, candidates will be allowed to make the payment for the application fee.
- No facility to change the uploaded image after the closure of application submission window will be available.
- Photograph in TANCET Admit Card must match with the images uploaded in the application form. It will be available from the first week of May, 2018.
- Candidates who successfully fill register will appear for TANCET 2018 on May19 and May 20, 2018.
TANCET 2018 Photo & Signature Specifications
Applicants should make sure that the scanned image of his photograph & signature matches all the specifications that are declared by the conducting authority. In case the images fail to meet the requirements, TANCET application form will be rejected by the examination conducting body.
Here are the mandatary specifications to follow:
- The format of the image should be JPG or JPEG.
- The size of the image should not exceed 30 KB.
- The photograph of the candidate must have a white background and should not be more than six years old.
- A recent photograph will be preferred.
- Photographs taken from mobile phone may get rejected.
How to upload scanned photograph and signature?
- Visit the official website of TANCET.
- Login with registration number and password received by the applicant.
- Fill all the details mentioned in the application form.
- After entering your personal, qualification and work details, proceed towards uploading your photograph.
- Click on the respective links and browse the location where the scanned images have been saved.
- Select the file and click on the upload button.
How to Edit Images for TANCET 2018?
Editing scanned images may degrade the quality of the images. As uploading of the low quality of images is not acceptable in TANCET Registration, there are a few ways by which you can edit the images as per the required specifications of TANCET 2018.
Images can be cropped, edited, compressed by available online tools. They are- Pisaca, Free Online Photo Editor, Photo Pea, Luna Pic, Cam Scanner, MS Paint etc.
To edit TANCET image through Picasa, follow the below steps:
- Open the image in PC
- Download Picasa
- Go to Crop → Add Aspect Custom Ratio → Add the Dimensions for Width & Height
- Make the changes
- Save it for uploadingH3. Instructions for Scanning TANCET Photograph & Signature
Instructions for TANCET Photo size & Signature
Candidates should note down certain instructions mentioned below for scanning their photograph properly.
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color.
- File Size should be as per the specification mentioned above.
- Image should then be cropped in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature. Further, use upload editor to crop the image to the final size.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 30KB. If the size of the file is more than 30 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there is no reflection.
- The photograph should have a full-face view with at least 50% of the area occupied by candidate’s face. Look directly into the camera.
- Eyes, nose, and hair of candidates must be visible in the photograph.
- Candidates must be facing forward to the camera and their face should be clearly visible. Photographs where candidates are facing in some other direction will not be accepted.
- The image file should only be in JPG/ JPEG format.
- Adding filters or editing the photograph will result in cancellation of the application form.
Candidates must be very careful while choosing the photograph and signature for uploading TANCET Application Form. The photograph must match all the requirements as stated above. The purpose of the photograph and signature is to verify the identity of the candidate. Adhering to these specifications/ guidelines will ensure a smooth registration process.