Computers which are basic for everyone to understand while seeking a job or appearing for a competitive examination and its awareness is a must for all. Today, every work station is dependent upon computers for the processing purpose. Not even a single work station can survive without the same. This makes the Computer Awareness section to be quite important for the exams and their preparation.
Computer awareness section of TANCET tests the candidate’s basic understanding of Computers and its Application.
The section has a weightage of 20 marks and needs a thorough preparation. Therefore, it is advised, while one prepares for the competitive exams, they must use this opportunity to not to just give the exam but also become a good computer operator.
The difficulty level of the Computer Awareness section generally relies on the TANCET previous year questions and the level of examination and the marks scored by the candidates in the section so far.
From the previous experiences, it has been noticed that the difficulty level of the questions asked in computer awareness has been easy to moderate, therefore, questions are expected to remain at the same level.
Here are a few preparation tips alongside the important books to prepare for the topics to prepare and achieve a good score in the subject.
Important Topics in TANCET Computer Awareness
There are several important topics from the TANCET Syllabus on which the candidate needs perfection before appearing in the examination and with the continuous practice.
List of important topics for the exam:
|History of Computers||Computer Fundamentals|
|Parts of a Computer System||Data Processing Cycle of a Computer|
|Computer Languages||Input Devices & Output Devices|
|Operating Systems||Database Management Systems|
|Microsoft Office||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|File Extensions||Networking and Internet|
|Computer Viruses||Important Abbreviations|
Preparation Tips To Keep Handy
There are a few preparation tips that a candidate should always keep in the top of his mind when they sit to prepare. Here are some of the most important tips to remember:
- Try to follow a regular schedule to prepare for the exam and a timetable which is achievable and timebound.
- Do not go for advanced level computer books for awareness at the last moment, as you may lose your confidence.
- Revision is an integral part of the preparation so, revise well and try to memorize well.
- You can also opt for online e-books and capsules that are tailor made for every exam which also gives you better understanding.
- Follow a systematic & integrated approach by finishing the course well and keep track of what you have done.
- Some of the numerical questions from a topic like number systems in the computer awareness section can also come in the exam so it is better that you are prepare for it well in advance to avoid any confusion while you sit for the main exam.
- Computer awareness is a mark fetching and less time-consuming section which can help you to clear the overall cut-offs, so it is advised to study it thoroughly and make the most out of it.
TANCET Computer Awareness Preparation Books
It is very important to hold the right material in hand before you start your preparation.
Here are some of the important books to prepare from which you need in hand before you start your preparation journey-
- Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions- This book is very useful for the candidates who have little or no knowledge of computers. It provides you knowledge from scratch to advance level. It also has an objective question bank for computer awareness.
- Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Experts- The book has been written keeping in mind the recent pattern. It is carefully designed containing exam-oriented and exam-ready content after intensive research and analysis as it offers you updated questions of examination with detailed synopsis along with number of previous years’ solved questions.
- Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exam by Soumya Ranjan - This book helps you with theory-based questions related to computer awareness and also contains almost everything that one needs to be through with the basics of computers.
- Computer by Rani Ahilya- The book thoroughly covers the Computer Awareness section asked in several competitive examinations and has a series of important topics covered like Computer Organization, Database, Internet & Networking, Computer Security, Digital Electronics, Input & Output Devices, Memory, Software, MS-Office, etc. It makes sure it carries the reader to the advanced level smoothly.
- Objective Computer Awareness by R. Pillai- The book describes various aspects of computer basics and proceeds with providing questions that can be framed from each topic at the end of the chapter. It also helps a reader to test his or her knowledge well. The book provides model test papers for the reader to be through with the probable questions and get acquainted with the exam pattern.
Hope this article will make you score more. All the best!!