Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, the conducting body of JEE Advanced 2018, has released a set of guidelines for the use of scribe in the examination. The service of scribe is provided to Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates who are Visually Impaired, Dyslexic, or cannot take Computer-Based Test (CBT) due to disability in upper limb or have lost fingers.
Such Scribes will be students of Class XI from the science stream with Mathematics as one of the subject. Earlier, Class X students were provided as scribe. The PwD/dyslexic candidate has to choose a scribe from this panel.
JEE Advanced is the Stage 2 of Joint Entrance Exam and is conducted to select prospective students in the IITs. Candidates who rank in the top 2,24,000 ranks out of the all the candidates who take JEE Mains are eligible for this test. The exam will be conducted on May 20, 2018 as computer based test.
JEE Advanced Reservation
JEE Advanced Eligibility
JEE Advanced Registration
Guidelines for Scribe Users in JEE Advanced
- The candidates are not allowed to bring their own scribes.
- The PwD candidates who desire to avail the services of scribe need to opt for the same during the online registration of JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- The PwD candidates permitted to use the services of a scribe will get one hour compensatory time i.e., end time will be 13:00 IST for Paper 1 and 18:00 IST for Paper 2.
- The requisition, along with a copy of the PwD certificate or a copy of the certificate of Dyslexic candidate must be uploaded at the time of online registration for JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- To avail the services of scribe, the candidate should request the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2018, of the respective zonal coordinating IIT in the prescribed format.
FORMATS for requesting scribes:
Form Scribe : Format of request letter for scribe and extra time for PwD candidates
Form PwD-1 : Disability Certificate (In cases of amputation or complete permanent paralysis of limbs and in case of blindness)
Form PwD-2 : Disability Certificate (In cases multiple disabilities)
Form PwD-3 : Disability Certificate (In cases other than those mentioned in forms II and III)
Form DYSLEXIC-1 : Format of Medical Certificate/Report to be produced by Dyslexic Candidate
Form DYSLEXIC-2 : Certificate to be produced by Dyslexic Candidate from the Principal of the School/College last attended
- Zonal coordinating IITs will make arrangements, through the Presiding Officer of the Examination Centre, to provide a panel of scribes (amanuenses).
- The candidate will be allowed to meet the panel of scribe one day prior to the examination i.e., on Saturday, May 19, 2018, in the presence of the IIT Representatives, Presiding Officer, and an Invigilator, and will get to interact with the panel and choose their preferred scribe.
- If at any stage, it is found that a candidate has availed the service of a scribe and consequently used the benefit of the additional extra hour allotted to scribe users in the exam, but does not suffer the extent of disability that warrants the use of a scribe, he/she will be disbarred from the process of evaluation, ranking, and admission.
- In case any candidate as mentioned above managed to get admitted to any of the IITs, their admission shall be cancelled immediately.