Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh offers B. Tech courses in different branches of Engineering. Candidates can get admitted in the institute by qualifying JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced.
- Getting admission into IIT Indore is a two-step process.
- One needs to qualify JEE Main and then take JEE Advanced.
- Admissions are based on the JEE Advanced rank.
- The process of admission is followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority Counselling (JoSAA) which begins from June 15, 2017.
- The first allocation round is scheduled for June 28, 2017.
- IIT Indore offers 4 years Bachelor of Technology program in the disciplines which are mentioned below.
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering and Metal Sciences
- IIT Indore offers a total of 260 seats out of which 8 seats are reserves for PwD category candidates.
- Candidates who are allotted seats through JoSAA Counselling need to report at the Reporting Centers.
IIT Indore Seat Matrix
- IIT Indore offers admission to B. Tech program in 5 disciplines.
- It offers 260 seats in total out of which 252 seats are reserved for categories other than the physically handicapped candidates.
- Candidates must mention the institute code and program code during the registration for JEE Advanced Counselling.
- The institute code for IIT Indore is 105.
- Seat Matrix for IIT Indore is tabulated below.
|Institute Code||Institute||Program Code||Program||Open||SC||ST||OBC-NCL|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4109||Civil Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||20||6||3||11|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4110||Computer Science and Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||30||8||3||15|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4111||Electrical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||29||9||5||15|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4125||Mechanical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||29||9||5||16|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4128||Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||19||6||3||11|
IIT Indore Seat Matrix for PwD Candidates
- Out of the total of 260 seats, 8 seats are reserved for PwD category candidates.
- The institute code and program code must be entered by the candidates during counselling registration for JEE Advanced.
- Given below is the IIT Delhi seat matrix for JEE Advanced for the PwD candidates.
|Institute Code||Institute||Program Code||Program||Open PwD||SC PwD||ST PwD||OBC-NCL PwD|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4109||Civil Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||0||0||0||0|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4110||Computer Science and Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||1||1||1||1|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4111||Electrical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||1||0||0||1|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4125||Mechanical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||1||0||0||0|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology Indore||4128||Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||1||0||0||0|
JEE Advanced Counselling (JOSAA)
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority will conduct counselling for candidates who have qualified JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced.
- JoSAA will conduct the seat allocation procedure for the academic programs offered by 23 participating IITs for the academic year 2017-18.
- JEE Advanced Counselling will commence from June 15, 2017 and will end on June 26, 2017.
- The eligibility criterion to participate in the counselling procedure is to pass the JEE Advanced Result.
- Allotted candidates will have to report in person at their allotted centers.
- Failure to report will lead to the cancellation of admission and refund of seat acceptance fee, if paid.
- JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling Procedure includes registration, filling and locking of choices, allotment of seats, reporting to the allotted college and getting provisional admission in these colleges.
- JoSAA Counselling will be conducted in 7 different rounds this year. The number of rounds may vary depending on availability and allocation of seats.
- First round will start from June 28, 2017 and will include seat allocation announcement, followed by 1st round seat acceptance at reporting centers.
- Candidates can withdraw the seat allocated to them if they are allotted a better institute in the next rounds of counselling.
Documents Required for Provisional Admission
Students are required to submit original documents along with one attested photocopy during verification for taking provisional admission.
- JEE Advanced 2017 Original Admit Card
- JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment Letter from JOCSAP website
- JEE Advanced Application Form (duly filled)
- Duly filled medical examination report
- Birth Proof — Class Xth /HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate as proof of data of birth
- Class 12th or Equivalent Examination Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS) issued by competent authority as per the format in the JEE Advanced 2017 Brochure
- Criterion for Foreign National students — Attested photocopy of the page in the passport comprising the name, photo and nationality.
- DD towards the registration fee. It would be later adjusted towards the tuition fee, to be paid at the time of admission.