The HLEET (Haryana Lateral Entry Entrance Test) is conducted annually by the Haryana Technical Education Society in the month of May/June for providing admissions in the second-year/third semester of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)/Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in the technical institutions of Haryana. LEET exam is scheduled to take place in May 2017. LEET Application Process will commence from first week of April, 2017. Candidates can submit the applications till last week of April, 2017.
The syllabus for the various subjects and topics useful in the preparation of LEET Exam has been described in depth below for each section of the entrance test:
Section A (Basic Sciences)
Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Progressions, Binomial expansion, Matrices, Elementary operations, Rank of a matrix, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Differentiation of a function, implicit function, parametric function. Successive differentiation. Maxima and Minima, Partial Differentiation, Definite and indefinite Integration. First order and first-degree ordinary differential equations.
- The syllabus for physics includes the following:
- Units and Dimensions with Dimensional analysis and their Limitations.
- Motion in one and two dimensions and Newton’s Laws of Motion.
- Work and Energy and Conservation Laws of Energy
- Properties of matter i.e. elasticity, surface tension and viscosity in fluid motion.
- Waves and vibration, Characteristics of waves and simple Harmonic motion.
- Rotational motion, Conservation of angular momentum.
- Gravitation, Newton’s law of gravitation, Kepler’s law and Satellite.
- Heat and temperature, measurement of temperature and mode of transfer of heat and their laws.
- Geometric optics and simple optical instruments.
- Simple laws of electrostatics and their use to find the E and Potential, Capacitors and dielectric constant.
- Laser, its principle and use, superconductivity, Conventional and non-conventional energy sources.
Hard and soft water, types of hardness, disadvantages of hardness of water, its causes and its remedies and brief introduction to the terms
- Equivalent weight
- PH value
- Definition of symbol, formula, volancy and chemical equation.
A4 Communication Skills
- Antonyms and synonyms, communication technique grammatical ability
- Correction of incorrect sentences
A5 General Awareness
General awareness about the country. Also, general awareness about Polytechnics, Technical Education in Haryana such as:
- Name of Polytechnic, Number of Polytechnics and sanctioned intake
- Eligibility for admission to LEET
- Number of Institutions offering BE/B.Tech. & B.Pharmacy.
- Name the Processes involved in on-line off campus counseling.
Also Check: Haryana LEET Exam Pattern
Section B (Electronics Stream Courses)
B1 Elements of Electrical Engineering
The syllabus for this section is stated below:
- Electrical and Magnetic Circuits, EMF, Kirchhoff’s laws and Faraday’s Laws, Network theorems.
- AC Circuits, RMS value, behaviour of RLC elements, series and parallel circuits, series and parallel resonance circuits.
- Transformers, Introductions to single phase and three phase transformers.
- DC Machines, Theory, constructions and operation of DC generator and motor.
- Induction Motor, Principle, construction and operation of three phase induction motors.
- Transmission and Distribution, Advantage of high voltage for transmission, comparison of 3 phase, single phase, 2 phase and three wire D.C.Systems
B2 Elements of Electronics Engineering
The syllabus for the elements of Electronics Engineering includes the following:
- Measurements & Instrumentation, Errors, standards, accuracy precision resolution, Ammeters, voltmeters, watt meters and energy meters, insulation tester, earth tester, multimeter, CRO, measurement of V, I & F on CRO low, medium & high resistance measurement, AC Bridges, Transducers for measurement of temperature, displacement, Communication System, Types of modulation, demodulation.
- Analog Electronics, Semiconductor diode circuits, zener diode and zener diode circuits, LED, Photo diode, BJT, FET & their configurations and characteristics, Biasing, small signal & large signal amplifiers, OPAMPS, oscillators, regulated power supply.
- Digital Electronics, Number System, conversion from one to another system, Binary arithmetic, codes conversion & parity; Logic gates; Boolean algebra, Flip, Flop. Industrial Electronics and Control, SCR, DIAC, TRIAC.
B3 Elements of Computer Engineering
The syllabus for this has been described below:
- Fundamentals of Computers, Organization of Digital Computers, Data Processing, High Level Languages, Translators, Compilers, Interpreters, algorithms, Flow Charting, Instructions, assembly language Programming.
- Computer Organization, Overview of registers, bus organized computers, instruction set, Instruction execution, Hard-wired and micro programmed control units, Processor
- Memory Organization: Cache and virtual memory, I/O organization.
- Operating Systems, Overview of Operating Systems, Basic functions, concept of process, scheduling, memory management, critical section, synchronization, monitors.
- Programming in C, Steps in Program development, flowcharting, algorithm, C Language: Data types, Console I/O program control statements, arrays, structures, unions functions, pointers, enumerated data types and type statement, File handling, C standard library and header files.
- Basic of Computer networking, LAN, WAN, Internet & Application.
Section C (Mechanical Stream Courses)
C1 Elements of Mechanical Engineering
The topics for preparation have been listed below:
- Applied Mechanics, Friction, laws of friction, friction applications, centroid of a plane area, simple machines, screw jack, wheel & axles, system of pulleys, projectile, work, power, energy.
- Strength of materials, Stress, Strain, Hooks law, stress-strain diagram, temperature stresses, composite section, Relation between elastic constants, (E.C.G.) Resilience, Principal stresses, principal planes, B.M. & S.F. diagram for simply supported and cantilevers, beams, columns & structs.
- Thermodynamics, First law of thermodynamics, second law of thermodynamics, zeroth law, steam properties, Diesel cycle, otto cycle.
- Modes of Heat Transfer (Conduction, Convection, Radiation).
- Fluid Mechanics, Properties of fluid, Viscosity, Newtonian and Non-Newtonian fluids, Bernoulli’s Theorem, Types of Fluid flows, Dimension less numbers, Measurement of fluid flow by the pilot tube, Venturimeter, Darcy equation.
C2 Elements of Production Engineering/Manufacturing Process
- Workshop Technology, Lathe- operations, turning machining Time, cutting speed, feed, Depth of cut, Drilling, Type of drilling machines, Drilling operation, Drilling time, Milling, up milling, down milling, milling operations, milling cutters, milling time, Shaper & Planer Working Principle, Measuring Instruments and Gauges, Vernier Caliper, Micrometer, Sine Bar, Plug gauges, snap gauges, ring gauges welding, Soldering, Brazing.
- Material Science, Engg. Materials, Mechanical properties of materials, hardness testing methods, heat treatment, hardening annealing, tempering, carburzing, Normalizing.
- Engineering Graphics & Drawing, First angle and third angle projection methods, orthographic views, Isometric views, conventions for lines and materials, Projections of lines and solids (only conceptual questions).
- Foundry, Pattern and their types, molds and molding materials.
- Plastic & their properties, various molding processes of plastic.
- Industrial management, types of organizational structure, qualities & responsibilities of good leader, methods of quality control, productivity.
C3 Automobile Engineering
The syllabus for Automobile Engg. Has been stated below:
- Power flow in an automobile
- Gear box & its types
- Use and types of breaks
- Types of clutches
- Basic knowledge of differential
- Lubrication of Engine,
- Types of wheels and tyres used in Automobile,
- Major automobile industries.
Also Check: Haryana LEET Preparation Tips
Section D (Other Engineering Streams)
D1 Civil Engineering Courses
The syllabus for Civil Engg. Has been presented below:
- Introduction to brick, raw materials for bricks, manufacturing of bricks, brick work in foundation.
- Index properties of soil, seepage of soil.
- Water demand for industrial/Commercial & domestic purposes, per capita demand, various sources of water, Treatment & Disposal of sludge
- Types of foundation (Design not included), Repair & Maintenance of Buildings, Basic principles of surveying chain surveying, Bench Mark, compass surveying, Basics of RCC (elementary knowledge) different grades of concrete, workability, mixing of concrete, compaction of concrete
- Classification & suitability of various types of doors , roofs.
- Name of earth moving machinery, different types of road material, flexible & rigid pavements, classification of bridges
- Water requirement of crops, methods of irrigations Concept/meaning/need/competencies/qualities of Entrepreneur classifications of dams & site selection for reservoir classifications of rocks
- Various types of cement & their uses
- Basis of Ecology, Pollution of water its causes & remedial near, Role of non-conventional sources of energy.
D2 Textile Engineering Courses
The syllabus is as follows:
- Different types of fibers, Fabrics & yarn manufacturing & performance, Weaving Technology
- Textile testing & quality control
- Modern methods in yarn products
- Bleaching, Dying & Printing.
- D3 Chemical/ Printing Engineering
- Elementary knowledge of Fluid Flow, Chemical process industry, Agro based industries, Petrochemicals Introduction of printing machines/presses, types of printing.
D4 Ceramic Engineering
Classification of various pottery productions, ceramic material & their properties.
D5 Food Technology
This includes a study about vitamins, cereals, pulses, milk and milk powder and preservation of food process.
D6 Other Engineering Courses
D6 (i) Agriculture
D6 (ii) Architecture
D6 (iii) Fashion Design and Fashion Technology
Also Check: Haryana LEET Previous year cutoff