Best Engineering Reference Books for IPU CET 2018- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) conducts its common entrance exam, IPU CET, for various fields viz. engineering, medical, dental, law, etc.
Candidates often get confused in regard to which books or study material to refer, especially for engineering programmes (B.Tech & M.Tech.). They look for materials which all toppers have sworn by.
Well, even in this phase, the key is to make books your best friend. Now, why books? Because they fulfil two areas. First, these books help in revising the complete IPU CET syllabus. And second, most of the books include sets of most important questions that you must solve during your preparation. IPU CET Books help strengthen your weaker areas. Download IPU CET Question Papers
Given below are subject-wise IPUCET books for engineering. They are a good source to refer for basic and in-depth knowledge about the subject. If read well, we assure an excellent IPU CET Result.
IPU CET 2018 Books for Engineering: Chemistry
- All NCERT Books of 11th and 12th - Almost 60-75 % of the questions are directly taken from NCERT textbook for Chemistry. In Organic Chemistry, major portion of the remaining concepts and mechanisms explained in the text, a kind trend was seen in this. Inorganic Chemistry too has most questions from NCERT. Going through NCERT is very important as it clears minute concepts which are very important for any examination.
- Objective Question papers of the previous year of JEE Main and JEE Advanced (AIEEE and IIT) - Without solving previous years’ papers, one can’t give that touch of completeness to their preparation for IPU CET. It gives a rough idea of the expected question paper and difficulty level. Practicing questions of Mains & Advanced will make it easier to score in IPU CET BTech Exam.
- Objective Chemistry by Pradeep- As far as Pradeep’s objective books are concerned, they provide handy material and hold a difficulty level which is fine according to IPU CET Engineering Exam.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Le - A great book for inorganic chemistry. This book will be helpful in understanding the concepts rather than cramming it.
IPU CET 2018 Books for Engineering: Physics
Given below are some of the most recommended IPU CET preparation books that the toppers referred to:
- Objective Physics by Pradeep- This book can be referred to the students as it contains solutions to a no. of topics. Sections have been divided such as easy, moderate, and difficult so that students can build up confidence in them but it can be used only for practice.
- NCERT Books of 11th and 12th Classes- The basics for most problems in CET exams are from NCERT textbook for Physics and all you require is to alter the arguments as required in the problem. Few questions were asked in the past which can be answered only by reading between the lines of NCERT chapters.
- A Concept of Physics by H C Verma- This is the best engineering book for problem solutions as well as concepts. It is for students who aim to make their base strong.
- BOOK by Resnick Halliday – Vol.1 & Vol.2 is a great book for theory and non-trivial problems.
IPU CET 2018 Books for Engineering: Mathematics
For the mathematics section in IPU CET 2018, you can refer to the below books:
- Objective Book by R. D. Sharma- It’s a great book for IPU CET preparation & elaborates on all relevant topics. Aspirants can gain mastery over the various types of problems through this book.
- NCERT Mathematics Books - NCERT Mathematics books of class 11th & 12th are mandatory to go through, because in the engineering exam, there have been instances when questions were directly asked from it.
- RD Sharma for class 11th & 12th- These are the ones that will build your foundation but people tend to underestimate the school level books.
What Else to Study for IPU CET Engineering Exam?
- GGSIPU Engineering Entrance Exam Success Package by Arihant Experts- Model papers and previews questions and answers are covered in this book. This contains 12 years solved papers and chapter wise explanation of questions and answers from the year 2004 -2016. This book is considered to be very helpful as questions in IPU CET Question Paper are often from this book.
- GGSIPU Solved Papers 2004-2015- Authentic, analytical and augmented solutions to the questions have been given in the book of Solved Papers, asked in previous years’ GGSIPU CET Engineering.
For an in-depth comprehension of the concepts on which the questions are based, the solutions to the questions have been provided in detail. Also, suitable chemical reactions, tables, and diagrams have been included in the solutions to the previous years’ papers for a better understanding of the concepts.
The previous years’ solved papers will not only help in practicing the questions asked in previous year GGSIPU CET Engineering but also an insight into the examination pattern.
As the book contains an ample number of solved papers with detailed solutions, it for sure will help aspirants get an insight into the pattern of the examination and the types of questions asked in GGSIPU CET Engineering Entrance Exam.
These books serve as an excellent tool to enhance your performance in the exam. GGSIPU CET BTech is scheduled on May 13, 2018. We wish you all the luck!