Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is an annual, national level entrance examination for admission into postgraduate programs in Pharmacy. From 2019, NTA will hold the exam. Until 2018, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was responsible to conduct the test every year upon the directives of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Latest: GPAT 2019 is scheduled for January 28 in computed based mode. CheckGPAT Exam Pattern
This year, NTA has scheduled GPAT 2019 for January 28. The online registration is currently on till November 30 and the last date to upload the scanned images is December 1, 2018. Register Now!
While applying for GPAT 2019, applicants will be required to scan and upload their recent passport size photograph and specimen signature along with the application form as per the guidelines defined by NTA. The following article talks about the same.
GPAT Photograph Specification
Before filling up the online form, scan the image of candidate’s photo and signature. All of these documents must be uploaded during the submission of application form. The photo size details are as follows:
- Photo Format: JPG/JPEG format.
- Photo Size: between 10 kb–200 kb.
- The photograph can be either colored or black/white. However, please ensure that the same has a very clear contrast.
- The picture should have been clicked against a light-colored, preferably white background.
- Applicant should be looking straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken using a flash make sure that there's no "red-eye".
- Spectacles are allowed, but make sure that there are no reflections and the eyes can be seen clear.
- Hats, caps and dark glasses are not acceptable, only religious headwear is allowed, but it must not cover your face.
Note: If the size of the file is more than 200 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the no. of color’s, DPI resolution, etc., during the process of scanning.
GPAT Signature Specifications
Along with the photograph, applicants are also required to attach scanned images of their signature. Listed below are the essential specifications:
- Sign Format: JPG/JPEG format.
- File Size: between 4 kb–30 kb.
- It is advisable to sign with Black Ink on plain white paper for the applicants’ specimen signature.
- The applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet at the time of examination and on the call letter should match the uploaded signature. In case of any mismatch, they will be disqualified.
GPAT Photo and Sign Sample
Do’s and Don’ts for GPAT - Photo, and Signature
- Candidates are advised to upload the correct image, adhering to the specifications as NTA will not provide any scope of correction/alteration once the application is submitted.
- Scanned photograph and specimen signature should not be in any other format other than JPG/JPEG.
- It is advisable that the applicant’s photograph is clear, taken professionally.
- Please keep in mind that there should not be any obstruction like hats, caps or dark glasses covering the face in the photograph.
- The specimen signature should be that of the applicant only and not of any other person.
- The applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet at the time of examination and on the call letter should match the uploaded signature. In case of any mismatch, the candidate in question will be disqualified.
Scanning The Photograph & Signature for GPAT
- The following steps need to be undertaken for scanning the applicant’s photograph and signature. For uploading with the GPAT Application.
- The resolution of the scanner should be set at a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch) and color set to True Color.
- Select the required file type.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the signature or photograph.
- Scan and save the image.
Guidelines to Attach Photograph in GPAT Application Form
- Uploading the photograph and specimen signature is the third step in the GPAT online application process.
- Candidates would be required to upload the images right after registering for GPAT and filling the application form for the same.
- Make note that you will not be able to make in changes in the application form once you upload the images.
- As visible in the screenshot above, you will have to select the files containing the correct photograph and the specimen signature, enter the captcha as it appears, check the disclaimer and hit the upload button to complete the process.
Highlights of GPAT 2019 Registration
NTA has released the official notification for GPAT 2019 and the online application process is currently ongoing. The schedule of events with respect to GPAT registration is tabulated below:
|GPAT 2019 Online Application||November 1 - 30, 2018 (till 23:50 hours)|
|Deadline for Image Upload||December 1, 2018 (till 23:50 hours)|
|Deadline for payment of Application Fee||December 1, 2018 (till 23:50 hours)|
|Availability of Admit Card||January 7, 2019|
|Scheduled date for GPAT||January 28, 2019|
Check detailedGPAT Registration