Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) Board has successfully conducted the BCECE on April 29, 2018 for admission to various professional courses in Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture offered by colleges located in Bihar. 40 to 50% questions were of average difficulty level and 20-25 % questions were difficult. Applicants must take note that the answer key for BCECE is available at the official website.
- As expected, maximum questions in Mathematics were from differential calculus, probability, quadratic equations and permutations and combinations.
- In Biology - Cell biology, plant physiology, human physiology, genetics, ecology, human welfare, biotechnology etc are important section through which questions were asked.
- Chemistry was a bit easier than Physics and questions from solid state, chemical bonding and mole concept were maximum.
- Physics questions which seemed slightly difficult covered rotational dynamics, fluid mechanics, SHM and waves and electrostatics.
BCECE 2018 Answer Key
The answer key for BCECE 2018 will be released just after the exam so that students can calculate their expected score. With the help of answer key, candidates can cross check their answers and analyze their performance.
- BCECE 2018 Answer Key will be available online at the official website i.e. bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
- It will be uploaded by the board a week after completion of the examination.
- The answer keys will also be uploaded by various coaching institutes for all the papers.
- This will enable the candidates to check the answers they provided in the examination and also analyze their performance.
- They can also calculate their probable marks and ranks obtained in the examination with the help of the answer keys. As per the Board’s marking scheme, each correct answer carries 4 marks and 1 mark deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Candidates can download the answer keys in PDF format separately for each subjects-Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Any discrepancy in the answer key can be challenged by the candidates with a valid proof before the last specified date.
How to Check BCECE 2018 Answer Key?
- Login to the official website i.e. bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
- Click on the link titled: BCECE 2018 Answer Key.
- Select the appropriate answer key link and download the same in pdf format.
- Once logged in, they can see the answers corresponding to the questions asked in BCECE 2018.
- You can also take a print out the same for your future reference.
Challenging BCECE Answer Key 2018
If students have any complaint regarding any of the answers in the answer key, they can challenge the same by sending their complaints well in time.
- Candidates will send their grievances by speed post or email.
- Candidates must have a valid proof and are advised to attach the same.
- Students will be required to pay some fee for challenging a question.
- The challenges received from the candidate shall be considered as final after it is evaluated by the committee of expert.
Format for challenging BCECE 2018 answer key is mentioned below:
|Roll No. of the Candidate||Date & Time of Exam||Test Paper Code||Series (A, B, C, D) if any||Question Number||Grievance(s)||Correct answer according to student||Reason for selected correct answer||Scanned copies of relevant portion of three References (Text Book/Journal/Any Other|
BCECE 2018 Exam Analysis
Analysis will be made about the difficulty level of the examination, weightage provided to each topic from all the subjects, etc. Hence it is recommended that the candidates know the question paper pattern and syllabus thoroughly so that they can prepare for the exam accordingly. Based on previous years’ question paper trends, an overall exam analysis for BCECE 2018 is provided below –
- This year the examination will be conducted in a single stage as compared to the previous years where it was conducted in 2 stages. BCECE Syllabus comprises of topics from 10+2 level.
- Physics was one of the difficult subjects.
- Questions asked from the topics such as Oscillations and waves, Kinematics, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Optics, Electronic Devices, Laws of Motion and Electrostatics. The other chapters have relatively less weightage as compared to these ones.
- Chemistry, one of the easiest sections in the examination. Candidates can expect to score more marks in this section if all the basics concepts are brushed up clearly.
- Topics from which more questions can be expected are Organic Chemistry Principles and Techniques, Elements, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Equilibrium, Thermodynamics, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids.
- Biology is also another relatively easy subject and direct questions was asked. The important topics include Human Physiology, Cell Structure, and Function, Plant Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution.
- Mathematics questions was lengthy and time-consuming as per the last few years’ analysis.
- If 50 % questions are easy, the remaining questions would be of moderate to difficult level. Questions were asked from Algebra, Probability, Vector, Mathematical Reasoning, Calculus, Statistics, Co-ordinate Geometry etc.
- As the question paper pattern is changed from this year, it might not be as tough as compared to previous year and questions were somewhat direct from all subjects.
BCECE 2018 Cut off
BCECE 2018 cut off is the minimum marks required in the examination to qualify for admission in the participating colleges. The cut off will be released by the Board in the official website after the announcement of results. Based on this, the merit list and rank of the candidates will be determined.
- The cut off is released separately for PCM and PCB group according to colleges, courses, and category.
- BCECE 2018 Cut off will contain the opening and closing rank of all the candidates who appeared and also qualified in the examination.
- The cut off will be published for all categories as well- General, SC, ST, BC, EBC, Open Merit etc. Usually, there will be a relaxation of cut off to candidates from backward communities.
- If the cut off marks of a candidate is lesser than the closing rank, they will not be eligible for admission to any of BCECE Participating Colleges.
- Once the candidates are selected based on the cut off scores, they need to participate in BCECE Counselling Process where they need to enroll, get the documents verified, make payment of fees and go through all other counseling processes before securing a seat in the desired college.
BCECE 2018 Qualifying & Cut Off Marks
Here, we are providing BCECE cut off & qualifying marks as per the categories:
|Candidate Category||Qualifying Marks||Cut Off Marks|
|General Category (GEN)||50%||600|
|Reserved Category (OBC, SC & ST)||40%||480|
|General Category – PH||45%||540|
|Reserved Category -PH||40%||480|
BCECE 2018 Category Wise Cut Off Rank
Candidates should check this section for category wise cut off rank & marks for PCM & PCB group:
For PCB Group:
Here, we include PCB group cut off rank according to the categories of the candidates:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||361|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||352|
|Extremely Backward Caste (EBC)||449|
|Backward Caste (BC)||472|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||464|
|Disabled Quota (DQ)||270|
For PCM Group:
In this section, candidates can check the last year PCM group cut off rank & marks of 2nd counselling:
|Category||Rank||Cut Off Marks|
|Disabled Quota (DQ)||118||14|
|Service Men’s Quota (SMQ)||133||26|
|Open Merit (GEN)||9281||111|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||194||85|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||1807||71|
|Extremely Backward Caste (EBC)||3397||85|
|Backward Caste (BC)||4377||95|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||1880||83|
Previous Year BCECE Cut Off
In the given tables, candidates can check the previous year cut off of engineering courses. Here, we also mentioned the previous year BCEBE engineering streams closing cut off ranks after round 2 counselling:
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||1069|
|Computer Science Engineering||1576|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||2434|