The conducting authority, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University publish the official Answer Key of BUMAT 2018 for BBA/BCA exam. Candidates who have appeared for the exam on June 3, 2018, can avail BUMAT 2018 Answer Key on this page. BVU will announce the result of BUMAT 2018 on June 15, 2018.
- Difficulty level of paper was moderate in nature.
- Score obtained in BUMAT 2018 = correct answers x 1
- Assessed the abilities of the candidate to critically understand the subject/ problem.
- Questions majorly based on problem solving skills in a comprehensive manner.
- Along with the release of the BUMAT Result, the examination authority also releases the BUMAT Meri list.
- On the basis of theses merit list, the university sends counselling letters to the qualified candidates.
BUMAT 2018 (BBA/BCA) Answer Key
Candidates who have appeared in BUMAT 2018 entrance test on June 3, 2018, can download the Solution Key of BUMAT from this page. To download the answer key, candidates can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of BUMAT i.e. bvuniversity.edu.in
- Click on the link provided to access the answer key.
- Candidates will be required to match the code of the answer key with the question paper.
- The key in PDF file must be downloaded.
- If necessary, candidates can generate a printout and start checking the answers.
Using the Answer Key of BUMAT 2018 will aid the candidates in calculating the approximate marks in the entrance examination. It will provide a rough idea of the performance. With the expected scores, candidates can check the list of colleges and courses in which they can apply for. With a good research on the courses offered by the colleges will help the candidates at the time of counselling.
BUMAT 2018 (BBA/BCA) Paper Analysis
Analysis has been performed on the basis of facts & information revealed by the students, who have given the BUMAT, as Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University don’t allow candidates to take the question paper along with them. The pattern was same as that in 2017. In Logical Reasoning section, attempt of 25 to 30 was considered to be good.
BUMAT 2018 BBA Paper Analysis
In Language Comprehension, the overall difficulty level was Moderate. Most of the questions were asked from Reading comprehension & Vocabulary (two passages of 4 questions each were asked). Questions asked in passages were based on inferences which make the section difficult. Synonym, Antonym, para jumbles, idioms, phrases & cloze test were also asked. Attempt of 25 to 30 questions was good.
In General Awareness, there was mix of easy & difficult questions. Most of them require one line answer. One liner types of question saved the precious time of the students. Surprising factor was inclusion of science based questions. Most of the questions were related to Geography, Polity, Economy & sports.
In Aptitude for Management & Communication Skills, there were a total of 37 questions asked in this section & they took least time to solve. Surprising element was questions related to RBI’s Monetary Policies & Business Awareness. Questions on Liberalization & Globalization were also asked. An attempt of 27 to 32 questions was considered as good. Students who had scored 450+ in the paper had chances of safe selection.
BUMAT 2018 BCA Paper Analysis
The paper was broadly divided into four sections viz., Computer Awareness, General Knowledge- IT and Science Related, English Language & Comprehension and Mathematics. Overall, the level of difficulty of the paper ranged from moderate to difficult.
- Computer Awareness: A majority of the questions in this section were from programming language. An in-depth knowledge of programming language was required to answer the questions in this section. Questions on application software and system software also formed a part of this section. The difficulty level of this section was moderate to difficult.
- General Knowledge - IT and Science Related: Most of the questions in this section were from current affairs, which demanded knowledge of polity, business (activities of corporate sector) & economy (government schemes and programs), science and technology, sports and awards. There were a few questions on static G.K. A lot of questions required the knowledge of the year a particular event took place. No questions were asked from history & the National Movement and environment & ecology, which generally form an important part of most of the entrance tests. Around 3-4 questions each were asked from every topic that formed a part of this section. The difficulty level of this section was moderate.
- English Language & Comprehension: This year, questions based on vocabulary dominated the section. Questions on synonyms and antonyms gave a tough time to the students. Although the reading comprehension passage was lengthy, the 5-6 questions based on the passage were easy. Out of these, around 4 questions were vocabulary based. Â Questions on fill in the blanks were also based on vocabulary. Apart from this, questions based on error spotting and phrase replacement were asked. The difficulty level of this section was moderate to difficult.
- Mathematics: The section was dominated by questions on higher Mathematics, especially calculus, which included topics like differentiation and its applications and integration and its applications. This section had a good mix of questions from areas like matrices and determinants, co-ordinate geometry, progression (AP & GP), probability, trigonometry, logarithm, etc. The difficulty level of this section was moderate.
BUMAT BBA/BCA Counselling 2018
The counselling of BUMAT 2018 will be conducted after the announcement of results. Bharati Vidyapeeth University will announce the result of BUMAT 2018 on June 15, 2018. There are a total of 870 BBA seats in 7 affiliated institutes which accept BUMAT 2018 scores. The Result of BUMAT 2018 will be followed by BUMAT counselling process which has to be attended by the candidates personally.
UMAT Counselling Schedule (Tentative)
|Institute for Admissions||Location||Date|
|BVIMR, New Delhi, IMED Pune BVIMED Navi Mumbai IM, Kolhapur, IMRDA, Sangli YMIM, Karad, AKIMSS, Solapur||BVIMR, New Delhi||July 1 to 3, 2018|
|IMED, Pune||IMED, Pune||July 4 to 7, 2018|
|BVIMED Navi Mumbai||IMSR, Navi Mumbai|
BUMAT 2018 Counselling And Spot Admissions
- The officials will show a combined BUMAT merit list for BBA and BCA programs. Candidates have to select the programme and follow the process accordingly.
- The counselling and on the spot admissions will be conducted at all the BVU centres. A candidate can appear for the BUMAT counselling 2018 at any of the centres.
- The candidate will be called for counselling as per their merit number and will be offered a seat and programme as per the availability of the seat.
- If a candidate fails to appear in the counselling rounds of BUMAT at any of the centres, the seat will be allotted to another candidate.
- Candidates have to submit all the documents or certificates in original along with five self-attested copies at the time of counselling.
- After scrutiny of their certificates, the candidates will be offered admission according to their rank and availability of seats.
- If a candidate fails to confirm the admission made to him/her by paying the fees at the time of counselling, the admission shall stand cancelled and the seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate from the list.
- However, under extreme circumstances, if a candidate fails to attend the BUMAT counselling in person s/he can send a representative with an authority letter.
Documents Required for BUMAT Counselling 2018
The following certificates in originals along with five self-attested copies to be submitted at the time of BUMAT 2018 counselling are:
- Last qualifying examination marks statement of BUMAT 2018 (Must be produced at the time of BUMAT counselling)
- Passing or Degree Certificate (Last qualifying examination)
- Certification of Migration from the Board from which the candidate has passed (other than Maharashtra)
- Certificate of Transference/Leaving from the College (last attended)
- Character Certificate from the Principal of the School/College (last attended)
- Affidavit regarding Gap in education on INR 100 Stamp Paper if applicable
- Caste Certificate (in case of ST/SC candidates)
- Caste Validity Certificate (for ST/SC candidates)
- Change in name Certificate (if any)
- Demand Draft (DD) of the requisite fees in full
Participating Institutes in BUMAT
- There are seven institutes across India which offer BBA and BCA courses via BUMAT.
- There is a total of 870 seats for BBA course and 600 seats for BCA course. Check Here
|Name of the Institutes||Course (BBA)& No. of Seats||Course(BCA) & No of Seats|
|Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development, Pune (IMED/BVP, Pune)||180||120|
|Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED), Navi Mumbai||60||60|
|Institute of Management and Research(IMR/BVIMR), New Delhi||360||60|
|Institute of Management, Kolhapur||210||120|
|Institute of Management and Rural Development Administration(IMRDA), Sangli||60||120|
|Yashwantrao Mohite Institute of Management (YMIMK), Karad||90||60|
|Abhijit Kadam Institute of Management and Social Sciences(AKIMSS), Solapur||60||60|