NEET 2020 is a common entrance examination conducted by NTA for admission to MBBS/BDS and AYUSH courses in the MCI/DCI approved medical and dental courses across India. The application form will be released in the month of February 2020. Aspirants can apply for NEET 2020 in online mode by visiting ntaneet.nic.in.
Latest: The official answer key of NEET 2019 will be released on May 25 at nta.ac.in. Download Here
NEET 2020 Application Form Updates
- The EWS reservation will not be applicable in the upcoming medical entrance test.
- Candidates above the age of 25 can also apply for the exam.
- Aadhaar card is no more required to fill the application form. It serves as one of the identity proof.
- Private/ NIOS or distance education students will also be eligible to appear for the test.
- Candidates with Biology as an additional subject in the qualifying paper are allowed to take the exam.
- NEET score will be accepted by 491 medical colleges across India except AIIMS and JIPMER as they conduct their own entrance tests.
Download NEET Practice Papers
NEET 2020 Application Dates
Important dates related to the application form will be released on the official website in due course of time. The tentative dates pertaining to NEET 2020 application form is provided in the table given below:
|Application form will be available from||February 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form||March 2020|
|Application Form Correction Window||March 2020|
|Availability of NEET admit card||April 2020|
|Exam Date||First week of May 2020|
NEET 2020 Application Form
The application form along with official notification will be released by the NTA in the month of February, 2019. Candidates who wish to pursue MBBS/ BDS courses can apply by filling up the NEET application form in the following steps:
Steps to fill Application Form Online
Candidates have to follow the below mentioned steps in order to fill the NEET application form:
Step 1 – Registration
- Visit the official website of NTA and click on ‘Apply Online’ to fill the application form.
- Candidates will have to mention their name, father’s name, mother’s name, mobile number, email id, date of birth, category and contact details.
- After submitting the details, applicants must note down the system generated a registration number.
Step 2 – Fill the Application Form
- In order to fill the application form, candidates have to login using their registration number on the login panel.
- Candidates have to enter the information such as personal details, place of birth, communication details, domicile of candidates, parents/guardians details, applicant’s details, qualifying examination details, state quota, language of examination, choice of examination city etc. while filling the application form.
- On entering all the details, candidates are advised to review the information entered by them and then click on ‘Submit’ button.
Step 3 – Uploading Photo and Signature
- In the next step, candidates are required to upload the scanned images of their passport sized photograph and signature in the Jpg/jpeg format.
- Photograph size should be between 10 – 100 kbs and signature size should be between 3 – 20 kbs.
Step 4 – Payment of Application Fees
- After uploading scanned documents, candidates have to pay the requisite amount of application fee using Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ BHIM UPI or E-wallet.
NEET Application Fee
The application fee for various categories is provided in the table given below:
|General/ OBC||INR 1400|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Physically Handicapped||INR 750|
Documents Required for Filling Application Form
Candidates are advised to keep the below mentioned documents ready while filling the application form of NEET 2020:
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Valid Photo ID proof
- Scanned passport size photograph of 10kb - 100kb size. Candidate’s name and date of photo taken must be printed on it.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature of 3kb - 20kb. Signature must be done by the candidate in running hand writing and not in BLOCK letters.
- Credit/ Debit Card and Net Banking details for the payment of fees.
NEET 2020 Application Form Correction Window
NTA will open a onetime facility of Application Form Correction Window for the candidates to edit the details entered in the form. Candidates will be able to alter the incorrect information in this stipulated period. The candidates will be able to modify the following details:
- Identification number
- Date of birth
- State Code of Eligibility
- Medium of Question Paper
- Disability Status
Changes can be made by providing supporting documents.