North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong offers bachelor's in nursing with various undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses.
Latest News: NEET 2019 Result will be declared on June 5, 2019.
- Admissions to MBBS course offered by this college are made purely on the basis of NEET.
- NEET is an offline entrance test conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) every year to grant admission to Medical Colleges recognized by MCI.
- No other state or institutional level exam will be conducted.
- Students striving to take admission to MBBS/BDS course in 2017-18 academic session must qualify NEET.
- NEET 2017 was successfully conducted on May 07, 2017.
- NEET 2017 Result is expected to be announced on June 08, 2017.
- After the successful declaration of the result, MCC will hold the counselling in two rounds and allot the seats on the basis of the rank and thereby, release the cut off.
- Rank of the candidate varies as per the quota (All India/State) and category.
- Candidates who are eager to know their expected rank and college on the basis of their score can make use of our NEET 2017 Rank Predictor.
Here is a tabular representation of the past two-year cut offs reflecting the category wise opening and closing ranks.
NEIGRIHMS, Shillong NEET 2016 Cut Off for General Category
|Course||Round 1||Round 2|
NEIGRIHMS, Shillong AIPMT 2015 Cut Off for General Category
|Course||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
Aspirants can study the tables above to get an idea of the cut off trend for NEIGRIHMS Shillong. On the basis of analysis done on the previous year cut off trends for MBBS, an applicant seeking seat under All India Quota should secure a score of 500+ to be able to clear the NEET 2017 Cut off for NEIGRIHMS, Shillong.
NEIGRIHMS, Shillong NEET 2016 vs AIPMT 2015 Ranks
The graph below represents the change in the closing rank for the MBBS course offered by NEIGRIHMS, Shillong.
Factors Affecting Cut Off
- Number of Applicants
- NEET 2017 seats for MBBS
- NEET 2017 Chapter wise Distribution
- Previous years cut off trend
How to Get Admission in NEIGRIHMS, Shillong?
North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong was established in the year 1987. It is the first postgraduate medical institute in North East India and third in the country after AIIMS, New Delhi and PGIMER, Chandigarh set up by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. MBBS course was introduced from 2008 session with an annual intake of 50 students under the affiliation of North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong.
Distribution of Seats
|Category||Number of Seats|
|NE (Open to all NE states including Sikkim)||18|
The course curriculum is as per the guidelines of the Medical Council of India (MCI).
NEIGRIHMS Shillong Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian Citizen or Overseas Citizen of India.
- Age Limit: Candidate must be of minimum 17 years of age at the time of admission on or before December 31, 2017. The upper age limit for admission seekers under All India Quota is 25 years. There is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Essential Academic Qualification: Candidates passing the HSC or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects securing a minimum of 50%. For reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates, there is a relaxation of 10%. Physically handicapped candidates have to secure a minimum of 45%. Aspirants who have appeared for 10+2 examination in 2017 may also appear provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later on.
In case of a tie between two or more applicants, preference will be given to
- Candidate having higher marks in English.
- Candidate having higher marks in Biology.
- Candidate having higher marks in Chemistry.
- Candidate older in age.
Selected candidates have to attend the counselling and medical examination at the Institute on the notified date at their own cost. The candidate has to produce the original documents at that time.
Documents Required at the time of admission
- Domicile Certificate
- SSC Passing Certificate (as age proof)
- HSC Mark Sheet and passing certificate
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- NEET 2017 Rank Card
- Seat Allotment Letter
- Character Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PH Certificate (if applicable)
Candidates failing to attend the counselling will not get the seat and the seat will be granted to the waitlisted candidates.