NEET 2018 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
In a major relief for aspirants, CBSE has removed the cap for appearing in NEET. The notification removing cap was mentioned in the FAQ section at cbseneet.nic.in. However, the re-introduction of upper age limit would have dampened the joy of candidates. The upper age limit is fixed at 25 years for general category candidates while 5 years relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates. Check Eligibility to Appear for NEET.
This year, CBSE has decided to conduct NEET 2018 at 150 exam cities. All the particulars of candidates will be mapped via UIDAi’s official website before completing registration. CBSE has also released separate notification for requirement of aadhaar and notified CSC’s (Common Services Centers) for students’ enrollment. NEET 2018 Application Form can be filled online at the official website till March 09.
University Grants Commission (UGC), last year, had decided to allow medical aspirants only three attempts at cracking the National Entrance Cum Eligibility Test (NEET) besides suggesting that the age limit for candidates at 25 years be retained, as in the previous years.
The maximum age limit to appear for NEET for unreserved candidates will be 25 years, while the minimum age will be 17 years. The maximum age for the schedule caste/ schedule tribe/ other backward category students will be 30 years. Earlier, there was neither a restriction on the number of attempts nor age limit to appear for NEET.
In the year 2007, almost 12000 repeated candidates appeared for the CET and this number increased to 13568 in the 2008. As per the data collected by the DMER, the oldest candidate was of 38 years and over 100 candidates were in their early 30.
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam is an entrance examination held by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for students aspiring for graduate and postgraduate courses (Medical and Dental) like MBBS and BDS in private and government colleges in our country.
NEET exam is conducted for admission into 15% seats in Medical and Dental courses in government or private medical colleges across the country, except Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, the total numbers of seats offered under NEET are 53,430 which is distributed accordingly.
For all private colleges, there will be approximately 25,840 seats, for government colleges there are 27, 590 seats. There will be a centralized counselling for 15% seats falling under the All India Quota seats. States participating in NEET 2017 will conduct separate counselling for the remaining 85% seats. Private colleges will also participate in the centralized state counselling.
Earlier, there was neither any age bar nor any ceiling on number of attempts for appearing in NEET.
This is a good decision,” says Dr Pravin Shingare, director of DMER. “There are some students who keep taking the test, and when they don’t make the cut, join a BSc college and keep taking the medical entrance test.” Apart from this, there were faculty members of private coaching institutes who used to take the exam for understanding the changing pattern of NEET. Limiting the age and number of attempts will help the candidates to figure where their passion lies.
Know About NEET PG 2017 Eligibility
Also, the tradition of booking seats in private medical colleges in advance and various modes of unfair practices has been immediately put to an end with the coming of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for all medical admissions.
Now no academic advisor or seat agent who used to facilitate seats for aspirants can practice the role of seat mafia or facilitators any longer. With this, the aspect and scope of medical education in the country has become immensely secured and this augments its credibility as well as quality.
The candidates are eagerly waiting for NEET 2017 notification. The notification has been delayed as various issues need to be sorted out. The notification will be out any moment from now.
It is confirmed, NTA will hold NEET Exam twice a y ...
CBSE, coordinating body of NEET has released the o ...
The results for NEET 2018 will be declared on June ...