Shivamogga Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS), Shimoga offers an undergraduate and postgraduate and diploma courses in the field of medicine.
Latest News: NEET 2019 Result will be declared on June 5, 2019.
- Admissions to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) program offered by this college are made strictly on the basis of NEET.
- NEET is an offline entrance test conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) every year to grant admission to medical colleges recognized by MCI.
- No other state or institutional level exam will be conducted.
- Students striving to take admission to MBBS/BDS course in 2017-18 academic session should qualify NEET.
- NEET 2017 was successfully conducted on May 07, 2017.
- After the successful declaration of the result, MCC will hold the counselling in two rounds and allot the seats in the colleges on the basis of the rank and thereby, release the cut off.
- Rank of the candidate varies as per the quota (All India/State) and category.
- Candidates who are eager to know their expected rank and college on the basis of their score can make use of our NEET 2017 Rank Predictor.
Here is a tabular representation of the past two-year cut offs reflecting the category wise opening and closing ranks.
SIMS, Shimoga NEET 2016 Cut Off (Round 1)
|COURSE||General||Schedule Caste||Schedule Tribe|
SIMS, Shimoga NEET 2016 Cut Off (Round 2)
SIMS, Shimoga AIPMT 2015 Cut Off (Round 1)
|COURSE||General||Schedule Caste||Schedule Tribe||Other Backward Class|
SIMS, Shimoga AIPMT 2015 Cut Off (Round 2)
|COURSE||General||Schedule Caste||Other Backward Class|
SIMS, Shimoga AIPMT 2015 Cut Off (Round 3)
Aspirants can study the tables above to get an idea of the cut off trend for SIMS Shimoga. On the basis of analysis done on the previous year cut off trends for MBBS, an applicant seeking seat under All India Quota who appeared for NEET 2017 should secure a rank around 3500 to be able to clear the NEET 2017 Cut off for SIMS, Shimoga.
SIMS, Shimoga NEET 2016 vs AIPMT 2015 Ranks
The graph below represents the category-wise change in the closing rank for the MBBS course offered by SIMS, Shimoga.
Factors Affecting Cut Off
- Number of Applicants
- NEET 2017 seats for MBBS
- NEET 2017 Chapter wise Distribution
- Previous years cut off trend
How to Get Admission in SIMS, Shimoga?
Shivamogga Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS), Shimoga started in 2005, is an autonomous institute of Government of Karnataka. The college is offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medical field under the affiliation of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka. The course structure for MBBS course is as per the guidelines of MCI and admissions are made after successful conduction of the counselling process.
SIMS Shimoga Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian Citizen or Overseas Citizen of India.
- Age Limit: Candidate must be of minimum 17 years of age at the time of admission on or before December 31, 2017. The upper age limit for admission seekers under All India Quota is 25 years. There is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Essential Academic Qualification: Candidates passing the HSC or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects securing a minimum of 50%. For reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates, there is a relaxation of 10%. Physically handicapped candidates have to secure a minimum of 45%. Aspirants who have appeared for 10+2 examination in 2017 may also appear provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later on.
In case of a tie between two or more applicants, preference will be given to
- Candidate having higher marks in Biology.
- Candidate having higher marks in Chemistry.
- Candidate older in age.
Candidates having their names in the merit list will be offered admission. Successful students have to carry the following certificates with them.
Documents Required at the time of admission
- Domicile Certificate
- SSC Passing Certificate
- HSC Mark sheet and passing certificate
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- NEET 2017 Rank Letter
- Seat Allotment Letter
- Character Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)