NEET Score to qualify for the exam is 50 percentile for GN, 45 for GN-PH, and 40 for SC/ST/OBC category candidates. Based on the previous year’s scores and ranks analysis we can see that if a candidate scores 500+ marks then the chances are very high to get admission in the top government medical colleges of India. Check NEET Cut off 2021
NEET is conducted for a total of 720 where 4 marks are awarded for correct answers and 1 mark is deducted for incorrect answers. Read the article to know more about previous years’ scores analysis. Also Check NEET Marking Scheme
Category Wise NEET Score vs Qualified Candidates
|2020: Number of NEET qualifiers||682406||19572||7837||61265||420|
|2019: Number of NEET qualifiers||704335||20009||8455||63789||454|
|2018: Number of NEET qualifiers||634897||17209||7446||54653||357|
|2017: Number of NEET qualifiers||543473||6018||14599||47382||67|
NEET Qualifying Score Analysis of Previous Years for MBBS
15 % of the total seats of Medical and BDS seats will be filled through NEET for All India Quota and the rest 85 % seats will be filled through State Level Quota Counselling. If a candidate scores around 450+ NEET scores then he/she can get admission in Government Colleges.
|Year||Score/ Percentile||General||General -PH||ST/ OBC/ SC||ST/ OBC/ SC-PH|
|2019||Score||701-134||133-120||133-107||119 – 107|
|2018||Score||691-119||118 - 107||118 - 96||106 - 96|
|2017||Score||697 - 131||130 - 107||130 - 118||130 - 107|
- NEET Cut Off for Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- NEET Cut Off for Bangalore Medical Colleges
- AYUSH NEET Cut off & Counselling
NEET Qualifying Score Analysis for BDS
NEET BDS qualifying percentile had been revised in the year 2020 due to vacant seats in most of the colleges. The analysis of NEET qualifying percentile for admission in BDS is mentioned below:
|Year||Score/ Percentile||General||General-PH||ST/ SC /OBC||ST/ SC- PH/ OBC|
Top Medical Colleges NEET Score: 2020 vs 2019
Every candidate prepares themselves for the tough fight of achieving good rank at NEET so that they can apply amongst the topmost Medical Colleges and Universities across the country. We have listed some of the top colleges with their NEET AIQ Closing Ranks and hope it's definitely going to help you in setting your goals in order to get admission in your favorite college.
|Medical College||Course||NEET AIQ Closing Rank - 2019||NEET AIQ Closing Rank - 2020|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||MBBS||32||16508|
|University College Of Medical Sciences, Delhi||MBBS||171||--|
|VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||MBBS||157||138|
|IMS BHU, Varanasi, UP||MBBS||669||--|
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai||MBBS||638||935|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||MBBS||438||--|
NEET BDS AIQ Closing Ranks
|Medical College||Course||NEET AIQ Closing Rank - 2019|
|RUHS College of Dental Science, Jaipur||BDS||13999|
|Government College Of Dentistry, Indore||BDS||14973|
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi||BDS||12243|
|ESIC Dental College, New Delhi||BDS||12747|
NEET Score Calculation
Since NEET is conducted in a single day and in a single shift therefore no normalization method is used. After the release of NEET Answer Keys candidates can easily calculate their NEET Scores by following the simple formula mentioned below:
- After the availability of the NEET official answer key, candidates can check their total number of correct answers.
- Candidates must keep in mind the code of the NEET question paper while checking.
- The sets and language of the answer key can be found on the top of the OMR sheet and NEET Answer key.
- Candidates can then count the total correct and incorrect responses to know their score.
- Candidates must consider a question to be unanswered in case more than one option is marked in that.
- Candidates should follow the following formula for calculating their scores.
Score =[4*(Number of Correct Responses) ] – [1*(Number of Incorrect Responses)]
|Type of Response||Marks|
|Correct Response||+4 marks|
|Incorrect Response||-1 mark|
|No Response marked||0 mark|
Some Important Points to Remember
- Criteria for Candidates belonging to the UT of Jammu & Kashmir / Ladakh - Candidates belonging to the UT of Jammu & Kashmir / Ladhak cannot apply for the 15% All India Quota seats and can apply for the seats of Deemed Universities, ESIC and AFMC only
- Criteria for candidates Applying for State / Deemed / Central / ESIC / AFMS seats - Foreign Nationals should confirm their eligibility before applying for counselling of these seats.
- Criteria for candidates applying for 15% All India Quota Seats - Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs, and foreign nationals are eligible to apply for the exam.
Top Private Colleges for MBBS and BDS
There are various other institutions across the country that also offers a wide variety of courses such as paramedical courses, medical courses, nursing courses, and pharmacy courses. All you need to do to get admission there is to file the application form and meet up their basic criteria. Some of them are listed below.
|Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies ( BUEST), Solan||IIMT University ( IIMTU), Meerut|
|CT University||Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology ( AVIT), Chennai|
|Acharya Institute of Health Science ( AIHS), Bangalore||Gulzar Group of Institutes ( CGI), Ludhiana|
|Poddar Group of Institutions ( PGI), Jaipur||Centurion University of Technology and Management ( CUTM) , Bhubaneswar|
|Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research ( BIHER) , Chennai||Maharishi Markandeshwar ( deened to be University) - [ MMDU ] Mullana. Ambala|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University ( MJRP) , Jaipur||Baba Farid Group of Institutions ( BFGI) , Bhatinda|
|T. John Group of Institutions , Bangalore||University of Technology - Sanganer ( UOT), Jaipur|
|Parul University , Gujarat||Siksha 'O ' Anusandhan University - SOA Bhubaneswar|