AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) has recently released a notification regarding the Open Round of Counselling for MBBS Course for 2017 session. The Open Round Counselling will be conducted for 7 AIIMS and will be held at AIIMS, New Delhi. The notification was released on AIIMS’s Official Website.
- The Open Round of AIIMS MBBS Counselling is scheduled to start from September 27, 2017.
- Nearly 700 seats will be filled in 7 AIIMS institutions. Check AIIMS MBBS Cut off 2017
- An Open Round Counselling is basically held when seats remain vacant, the authority calls all the remaining candidates who have qualified in the exam.
- It is usually held after the 3rd round of counselling.
- AIIMS MBBS counselling will be held to fill all the seats that have remained vacant after the third round of AIIMS MBBS Counselling.
- Venue for the AIIMS MBBS Open round of Counselling is:
- All the qualified students under UR, OBC & SC /ST categories must attend the Counselling at 8.30 AM.
- The process of AIIMS MBBS Open Counselling will be exactly the same as followed in the first, second and third round of counselling.
- Candidates have to satisfy the qualifying marks as set by the competent authority for all the categories.
- Candidates can find below the vacant seat matrix for open counselling round to be held on September 27, 2017.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility for Open Round Counselling 2017
All candidates who scored minimum cut off i.e. 50% for General Category, 45% for OBC Category and 40% for SC/ST Category and OPH – cut offs of the respective category in the entrance examination will be eligible for Open counselling as per prospectus and subject to submission documentary evidence of percentile scorecard which was upload by the examination section on website www.aiimsexams.org.
All the eligible candidates must bring the required set of documents to the venue of the counsellling.
Also Read AIIMS-MBBS Counseling for round 3 completed
AIIMS-MBBS: Counselling Process
Candidates may please note that the Open-round Counselling will be conducted just as the first, second and third rounds were held. Candidates can refer to the below points for the AIIMS-MBBS Selection Process:
- First and foremost, the UR counseling will be conducted and once it is over, the counseling for OBC category will be conducted and subsequently for that of SC/ST will be held. If any OBC seat remains vacant after counseling for OBC seat, all vacant seats will be transferred to UR category and will be offered to UR candidates on merit.
- However, in case of SC/ST counseling, if any SC seat(s) remain vacant, these will be converted to ST seat and vice versa. Finally, if any SC/ST seat remains vacant after the conversion has been done, then such seats will be converted to the UR category.
- Hence, the UR candidates will be called again for counselling if any OBC, SC and ST seats remain vacant. It is advisable for all the UR category candidates who haven’t been allotted a seat in the first round should stay till the end of the counselling process.
- In case a candidate is pursuing any other course or have opted for a seat in any other AIIMS, are requested to bring a proof of their resignation letter/seat surrender letter in original. If they fail to present the proof, they will be unable to attend the AIIMS-MBBS Open-Round Counselling.
- During the AIIMS-MBBS Open-Round Counselling, the list of important documents must be presented in original, along with one set of their photocopy.
- All the candidates allotted seats must give an undertaking that they are not holding seat in any medical college. Failure to bring original certificate resignation/seat surrender letter as applicable will make candidate ineligible for allotment of seat in the counseling.
- No transfer of institution is allowed in open counseling.
- The OBC candidates who could not produce valid Central Govt. Institution/Job certificate in the first three rounds of counseling and were declared not eligible will be allowed to appear in the counseling subject to production only of valid OBC certificate issued for Central Govt. Institutions/Job only. Failure to bring valid caste certificate shall make the candidates ineligible for the purpose of allotment of seat. No provisional allotment will be made.
- If any candidate feels that he/she is eligible but his/her name is not in the list can come on the day of counseling along with documents in Original. However, he/she will be allowed to appear in counseling for allotment of seat only after verification of his/her claim of eligibility.
AIIMS-MBBS: List of Important Documents
All the candidates will come with their original documents. The documents that will be needed at the time of counselling are:
- Admit Card of AIIMS MBBS 2017.
- Call Letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Birth Certificate
- 10th class mark sheet/certificate
- 12th class mark sheet/certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Passport size photograph
- One set of self-attested copies of all the certificates
For any queries, you can contact the Academic Section, AIIMS, New Delhi, through any of the below mediums. Please contact between 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on Monday to Friday and up to 12.00 Noon on Saturday.
Tel: (011) 26594365 and 26594383
About AIIMS-MBBS Exam
The AIIMS-MBBS is a national level UG Medical entrance exam, conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. This exam is conducted to admit students into the various medical courses offered by various AIIMS institutes. The AIIMS 2016 exam is held for admission to 672 seats in seven centers of AIIMS institutions that are situated in Rishikesh, Delhi, Raipur, Patna, Bihar, Jodhpur, Bhopal and Bhubaneswar.
We hope all the deserving candidates secure a seat in any of the 7 AIIMS institutes. Most of the candidates would have been selected by now through the 3 counselling rounds. The Open-Round Counselling will begin from September 27, 2016 to admit the remaining eligible ones.