Andhra Pradesh Postgraduate Engineering Common Entrance Test designated in short as AP PGECET will be conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). AP PGECET is a state level entrance test conducted for admission into courses of M.E./M.Tech. and M.Pharm programs offered in affiliated Universities and Institutes.
GATE/GPAT 2018 Important Events
Will be updated shortly
Admission for GPAT/GATE Qualifiers
Both GATE and GPAT qualified candidates which belong to Andhra Pradesh are eligible for admission into the courses. Such candidates shall also have to adhere to the eligibility criteria of AP PGECET 2018 and will be allotted seats in AP PGECET in the order of merit. Check Here Registration Procedure for GATE and GPAT Qualifiers
- APSCHE issues a separate notification in the months of June-July for GATE/GPAT qualified candidates. It will be with details regarding counseling schedule, registration process, and fees, certificates and documents to be verified at the time of counseling.
- Candidates desirous of pursuing M.E/M.Tech or M.Pharma shall have to register in online mode only.
- No hard copies of the application are entertained and only one application is enough for all eligible courses.
- While filling up the seats in Universities/Colleges, first preference is given to candidates qualified in GATE / GPAT. Based on their test scores and the remaining vacant seats candidates who have qualified in APPGECET 2018 will get a chance based on merit ranks.
- All applicants are advised to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per GATE/GPAT exams before applying.
- Admissions to part-time/sponsored PG programs shall only be conducted by the respective universities and not through AP PGECET counselling.
- It is mandatory for candidates to satisfy local or non-local domicile requirements.
Eligibility for GATE/GPAT Qualifier
- Candidates should be of Indian Nationality.
- Candidates should belong to states of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana.
- As per the norms established by AICTE, the minimum eligibility requirement for M.E /M.Tech is 50% marks for OC/BC candidates and 45% for SC/ ST candidates in last qualifying examination.
- As per the norms of Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), the minimum eligibility criteria M. Pharmacy courses are 55% for OC/BC candidates and 50% for SC/ST candidates.
- A registration fee of INR 900 for General, INR 600, for OC/BC and INR 300 for SC/ST candidates have to be remitted by both GATE/GPAT applicants.
- Candidates should have valid GATE/GPAT ranks. Know More About Web Options Entry
Documents to be Uploaded
- Candidates are required to upload valid GATE/GPAT score card along with your scanned photograph and scanned signature.
- You need to upload your scanned photograph with white background. The dimensions and size of the photograph should be 140X160 (60 kb).
- You also have to upload your scanned signature on a white background. The file dimensions and size should be 60X90 (30 kb). Check Here AP PGECET Participating Colleges
Counselling Procedure for GATE and GPAT Qualifiers
Counseling will begin in the month of August 2018. The counseling for APPGECET GATE/GPAT candidates is carried in two phases:
- Registration for counseling and certificate/documents verification at the designated Help Line Centers.
- Web option Entry.
Registration Procedure for GATE and GPAT Qualifiers
On satisfying the eligibility criteria, GATE/GPAT rank holders must register for AP PGECET counselling from any of the designated Help Line Centers or from any computer with internet facility.
The registration process shall be completed in 3 steps:
- Fee Payment
Applicants shall have to remit registration fee of the requisite amount via Net Banking/ AP Online/ Debit Card/ Credit card. Applicants must confirm the status of the payment, if it has been completed or not.
The registration fee particulars for GATE/GPAT qualifiers shall be as follows.
- General Students: INR 900
- OC/ BC Students: INR 600.
- SC/ ST Students: INR 300
- Fill Online Application
On confirmation of payment, applicants must fill the GATE/GPAT Counselling Registration Form.
- Print Application
Applicants must take a printout of the AP PGECT 2018 form for future reference.
Certificate and Documents Verification
Along with the registration form, all applicants are required to verify their certificates/documents before participating in Web Options Entry. The documents will only be verified at a notified Help Line Centers. Applicants are requested to carry original documents and one set of Xerox copies.
GATE/GPAT applicants need to verify the documents given hereunder:
- SSC /Class 12th or its equivalent memo
- Study certificates from class 10th to Graduation.
- GATE /GPAT Score Card (as per the case).
- Degree Certificate and Memorandum of marks of qualifying Examination
- Aadhar Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Caster certificate (if applicable).
- Residence certificate/Aadhar Card/House Hold Card (preceding 7 years from the qualifying examination) for candidates who have not studied under institutionalized education.
- Residence Certificate of either father or mother for a period of 10 years in Andhra Pradesh or Telangana.
Web Options Entry
Post verification of documents eligible candidates shall participate in Web Options Entry as per the schedule announced by competent authorities. It will be carried in online mode usually in the months of August and September.
The Web Options Entry procedure shall be completed by following the given steps:
- Visit the APPGECET official website.
- Click on the Web Options Entry link to begin the process.
- Enter mandatory details such as GATE/GPAT rank, registered email Id, and mobile number.
- Submit the information to obtain an automatically generated password.
- The password will be sent to the email id and mobile number.
- Use the same password to login to the registration page.
- Exercise Web Options Entry and enter the names of 10 colleges with their branches.
- Finalize and submit to finish registration.
Candidates shall be informed about the allocation of seats via SMS and Email. The allotment of seats is subject to choices filled-in, rank, seats availability and category. After checking the status, download the seat allotment letter and report to the college allotted to complete admission formalities as per the official schedule.
Notified Help Line Centers for GATE/GPAT APPGECET 2018 Counselling
- ANU, Guntur
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- JNTU, Anantapur
- JNTU, Kakinada
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati