Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is an annual state-level exam conducted by JNTU, Kakinada (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) on behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education) for candidates seeking admission in Postgraduate programs in the field of Engineering, Technology, and Pharmacy. The official notification for AP PGECET 2019 will be released by JNTU on the official website, in due course. In this article, we elaborate on the salient features of the exam, based on past records.
- Candidates who qualify AP PGECET 2019, can seek admission to programs like M.E/M. Tech/M. Pharma/Graduate level Pharma in Universities and its affiliated colleges across the state of Andhra Pradesh for the academic year 2019-2020.
- AP PGECET 2019 is expected to be held in May 2019 and the online application process for the same will start tentatively in March 2019.
- Candidates can fill the application form till May 2019.
- The exam will be a computer-based test, posing MCQ-type questions. Check AP PGECET Exam Pattern
- AP PGECET Result 2019 will be uploaded on the official website tentatively in June 2019, after which the qualified candidates will proceed to the subsequent counselling sessions for admission.
- Candidates with valid GATE/GPAT scores need not appear for AP PGECET.
AP PGECET 2019 Highlights
|Name of Exam||AP PGECET 2019 (Andhra Pradesh Post-graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, Kakinada (JNTU) on behalf of APSCHE|
|Exam Type||Annual, State-Level Examination|
|Exam Date||May 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicants must be permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh|
|Required academic qualification for eligibility varies from program to program|
|Must have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test|
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Dates
Since the official notification for AP PGECET 2019 has not been released yet, we have structured a tentative event calendar for the same, on the basis of previous years’ trends. Interested applicants are advised to follow the official website for further updates on the exam.
|Release of official notification||March 2019|
|Availability of Online Applications||March 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application without late fee||April 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application with late fee of INR 500||April 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application with late fee of INR 2000||May 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application with late fee of INR 5000||May 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application with late fee of INR 10000||May 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card for Download||May 2019|
|Scheduled Date of AP PGECET||May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of June 2019|
|Counselling Sessions||July 2019|
Note: The dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change once the official notification for the exam will release.
AP PGECET 2019 Eligibility
Applicants need to make sure they satisfy the eligibility criteria specified by JNTU for the program they are applying for. The general eligibility conditions for AP PGECET 2019 are listed below:
- Applicants must be Indian Nationals and have permanent residency of Andhra Pradesh state or should have lived in the state for a substantial period of time.
- Applicants should meet the local /non-local status requirements specified for admissions.
- Applicants applying for Engineering programs should have completed B.E. / B. Tech in a related subject area from a recognized University with a minimum aggregate score of 50% or more in the qualifying examination (45% in case of Reserved Category Candidates).
- Applicants applying for Pharmacy programs have completed B. Pharma from a recognized University with a minimum score of 55% or more in the qualifying examination (50% in case of Reserved Category Candidates).
- Please note that Candidates having a valid GATE or GPAT score need not apply for AP PGECET 2019. These candidates will have to follow a different application process.
AP PGECET 2019 Application Form
AP PGECET 2019 Application process has to be completed in the online mode only and is accessible on the official website. The process is expected to be open from March until April 2019; candidates are allowed several submission deadlines with varying amounts of late fee corresponding to each date extension. The process is elaborated below:
- Visit the Official Website of AP PGECET 2019.
- Complete the Application Fee Payment Process either online (through Net Banking or Debit/Credit Cards) or offline (through AP Online Center).
- Upon successful completion of the payment process, a Transaction ID will be generated which needs to be noted down. Further details are elaborated in the following section.
- Enter Applicants’ Personal, Contact, and Academic Details as specified in the Form. Applicants also need to specify the subject area in which they are interested to appear for in AP PGECET. A Registration Number will be generated once all required details are entered correctly in the form.
- Upload scanned images of Applicants’ recent Passport-size colour photograph and specimen signature in jpeg format, with file-size less than 40KB and 30KB respectively.
- Review the details entered on the form to ensure it is error-free before submitting the same finally. A Confirmation Page would be generated which needs to be saved and printed for the records.
Important points to note:
- In case, applicant forgets the registration number, the same can be retrieved by visiting the official website and following the instructions specified. Application Fee Payment Transaction ID, Applicants’ DOB and registered mobile number will be required to recover the registration number.
- In case applicant forgets the transaction number, the same can be retrieved by visiting the official website and following the instructions specified. Application Fee Payment mode, Applicants’ DOB, and the registered mobile number, SSC Hall Ticket Number and year of qualifying will be required to recover the Transaction ID.
- In case an applicant needs to modify the details furnished in the application form, the candidate has to visit the official website, follow instructions to enter and the DOB, Registration ID and the registered mobile number. The applicant can thereafter make the desired changes and save the form.
AP PGECET 2019 Application Fee
The application fee for AP PGECET 2019, on the basis of previous years’ trend, will be as tabulated below.
|AP PGECET Application Fee for different Categories|
|General Category||INR 800|
|SC/ST Category||INR 400|
Applicants can make payment through:
- AP Citizen Service Centers- Candidates will have to enter Hall Ticket number of the SSC Examination, Full name, Father’s Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Stream applying for in order to proceed with the payment process. Upon completion of payment, a receipt is generated at the center, the details of which have to be entered in the AP PGECET Online Application Form to complete the application process
- Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking- Complete the payment process as per the instructions on-screen through the integrated payment gateway on the official AP PGECET website.
AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card
AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card or Hall Ticket is expected to be available for download from the official website in May 2019. Applicants who have submitted their AP PGECET 2019 Application Form complete in all respects along with the requisite fees will be issued the Admit Card. The same has to be downloaded from the official website. Please note that there are no other means of accessing the document other than downloading from the website.
Details like Applicant’s name, Registration Number, Photograph, Date of Birth, Exam Venue, Exam Date, and Timings, etc. will be printed on the Admit Card. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the Admit Card in person to appear for the entrance exam along with a valid Photo ID Proof.
AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded with the following steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Click the link “AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card”.
- Enter applicants’ name, test selected and registration number to access the Admit Card.
- The AP PGECET Admit Card will be displayed on-screen.
- Download, save and obtain prints of the document for future use.
Please note that:
- In case of any discrepancy in the Admit Card, the candidate should immediately report the same to the exam conducting body.
- The applicants should preserve AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card till the admission process is over.
- Tampering with the Admit Card in any way is considered illegal and the applicant will be banned from appearing in the examination.
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Centers
AP PGECET 2019 examination is expected to be conducted in the regional examination centers of APSCHE in Andhra Pradesh. The regional examination cities are listed below:
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Pattern
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Pattern has been designed by APSCHE. Candidates should be well aware with the same as this will help them be familiar with the exam format. The typical features of the exam are highlighted in the table below.
|Mode of Exam||Online, Computer-based Test|
|Question Type||Objective, MCQ-Type|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||120 Questions|
|Language of paper||English or Telugu|
|Scheme of Marking||Each correct answer will be awarded +1 mark. There is no provision for negative marking.|
AP PGECET 2019 Syllabus
AP PGECET is conducted in a vast range of Engineering specialization areas and Pharmacy. There would be separate question papers for each subject area. The areas covered are listed here:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Food Technology
- Ge-Engineering & Geo-Informatics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nano Technology
The detailed syllabus for each specialization area is hosted by the official website. Candidates are advised to check the same for better preparation of the subjects.
AP PGECET 2019 Result
AP PGECET 2019 Results will be announced by JNTU in June 2019 on the official website. The results will be announced in the form of total marks obtained by an individual candidate and the rank secured. The steps involved in accessing the AP PGECET 2019 Result are elaborated below:
- Visit the official website of AP PGECET 2019.
- Click on the “AP PGECET 2019 Result” Tab.
Enter the candidates’ Admit Card number and click on submit.
- AP PGECET Scorecard is displayed on-screen. Candidates will be able to view the total marks secured, percentile and rank obtained along with the qualifying status.
- Download, save and obtain prints of the AP PGECET 2019 scorecard for future reference.
AP PGECET 2019 Cut Off
AP PGECET 2019 Cut Off is the minimum score required to qualify for the subsequent counselling process leading to admission. The cut-off score will depend on the following factors:
- Total number of applicants,
- Number of seats available,
- Previous years’ cut-off trend. and finally,
- The difficulty level of the entrance exam.
AP PGECET 2019 Cut off will be different for qualifying the entrance exam and for admission in the desired program. General candidates need to secure at least 25% of the total score, i.e., 30 marks for qualifying AP PGECET exam. However, this will not be applicable to the SC/ST candidates. The cut off for the admission process will be different and higher, depending on the overall result. AP PGECET 2019 Cut off for admissions will be announced prior to the commencement of Counselling.
JNTU will publish AP PGECET 2019 Merit list that will showcase candidates’ Overall Rank and Category Rank. The merit list will also specify the course-wise cut off for admissions.
AP PGECET 2019 Counselling
Candidates are shortlisted for AP PGECET 2019 Counselling on basis of the candidates’ merit and scores secured in the exam.
The counselling process involves document verification, locking candidates’ choices for the seat allotment process and thereafter seat allotment according to candidates’ preference and merit. Applicants who are willing to attend the AP PGECET 2018 Counselling have to check rank wise carefully.
- Applicants need to find rank-wise helpline center & date for document verification
- Attend the counseling session and pay the counseling fee of INR 1000
- Get documents verified by officials at the counseling center
- Lock colleges and program preferences through web options.
- Allotment will be decided by JNTUK
- The allotted college will make the admission offer via SMS to registered mobile number
- Candidates should obtain prints of the Provisional Allotment Order from the official website of AP PGECET and report at the allotted college for completing admission formalities.
Please note that,
- Candidates who fail to report at the allotted college on the specified date will have their candidature rejected.
- Candidates willing to participate in the Second round of counselling must request to cancel their admission offer and pay the counselling fee as a fresh candidate.
Documents needed for verification:
- All certificates in original and one set of photocopies for the following documents:
- AP PGECET 2019 Rank Card,
- AP PGECET 2019 Hall Ticket,
- All Academic Mark sheets and Certificates,
- White Ration Card,
- Aadhar card,
- Income Certificate (if applicable),
- Caste Certificate etc. issued by competent authority (if applicable),
- CAP/NCC /Minority Certificate (if applicable).