CLAT 2019 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE TEST
CLAT 2017 (Common Law Admission Test) is conducted on National Level for providing admission to the Top Law Colleges in India. CLAT Application Form 2017 is available from January 2017 till March 2017. CLAT 2017 exam is scheduled in the second week of May 2017. This article will aid all the CLAT aspirants in the preparations. CLAT preparation will help candidates to get plenty of job opportunities as it a vast field.
CLAT 2017 Exam Pattern is different for UG and PG courses. CLAT entrance test is a CBT (Computer Based Test) for the duration of 2 Hours (120 minutes). It is designed to test the legal Aptitude, General Knowledge and current affairs, Logical Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics of the aspirants.
|Subject||No of Question||Marks|
|English & Comprehension||40||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50||50|
|Basic Mathematical Abilities||20|
CLAT exam for PG Courses comprises of 150 questions. Out of those 150 Questions, 50 questions are of Objective types and 4 long essay type descriptive questions from topics of Law of contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory. For each right answer, one mark is awarded. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Candidates appearing for CLAT 2017 have to be aware of the complete CLAT syllabus that will be included in the CLAT exam so as to prepare well and get higher rankings. The CLAT syllabus 2017 will come from these five subjects which are given below:
English and Comprehension: - English Vocabulary, English Proficiency, English Usage Errors
General Knowledge and Current Affairs: - Events of National and International importance covering current as well as historical events in area of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Persons and Places, Books and Authors
Mathematics: - Arithmetic (Number Theory), Commercial Maths, and Mensuration:
Legal Aptitude: - International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Contracts and Torts
Logical Reasoning: - Reasoning Tests and Logic Tests
Focusing on the topics and preparing well keeping the CLAT syllabus as the base would help the candidate save time as well as has his/her attention on the important topics. CLAT tests a student mainly on five major areas: English, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
One of the important steps toward a preparation is to identify the subjects of your interests and weaknesses and make an individual strategy for them.
Here are few basic CLAT exam preparation tips which may be helpful for candidate appearing for CLAT Entrance Exam :-
As Candidates are required to give your best in the limited time. They may face problems while going through different subject areas. A coaching institute , an experienced guide or a mentor will help a candidate a lot of the preparation. Coaching institutes provide aspirants with study materials, preparation tests and doubt analysis for strong and weak areas of the candidate, which will help them deciding their approach towards each section of the subject.
CLAT is a Computer based Online test. A total of 200 questions has to be attempted in 2 hour. It is advisable to candidates to take topic-wise sectional tests and practice several mock papers and actual previous year papers, in order to get familiar with the pattern that is followed for CLAT.
Legal Aptitude and English Reading comprehension questions are time-consuming, therefore, it is advisable to plan accordingly. Managing time during preparation and during exam plays a very crucial role.
Do not waste time on questions you don't understand , move on to next question. Practising as much the candidate can from the past year question booklets and sample papers available on the internet and bookstores can help a lot in understanding the format and get along with the questions of CLAT entrance test.
• This section will test candidates’ proficiency in grammar and comprehension.
• Candidate should get into the habit of regular reading of a newspaper and any magazine which covers the contemporary events well. This will help in building a good vocabulary and also help with the General Knowledge section.
• Brush up the basics of grammar to tackle the error detection questions and sentence correction.
• Identify the words you are not familiar with and try to understand their meaning and usage.
• Listen to speeches or watch movies and/or documentaries with subtitles. This increases knowledge of spoken English and comes in handy while attempting questions on sentence completion.
• Candidates should talk to people in English. They may feel sluggish and shy at first and will make lots of mistakes but soon they will discover that with more talking, their confidence, as well as their accuracy, is increasing.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The General knowledge section in CLAT contains 50 questions. This section is the scoring subject in CLAT to the candidate who has interest to stays aware about the latest happenings and events.
• Read Newspaper daily and watch the news for at least 30 mins to have the best idea of what is happening around in order to get through General Knowledge.
• Lucent’s General Knowledge book is sufficient for candidates to prepare well for this section
This Section carries an advantage. This is the only core section which is new to all CLAT aspirants.Legal Aptitude questions have been asked from the following areas:
Law of Contract
Law of Torts
Indian Penal Code
Important tips while preparing and attempting Legal Aptitude :
• No assumptions should be made.
• The Principle is always right.
• Strict Application of the principle to a given fact
• Always pick the option that is closest to the principle.
• This section requires speed and time management, especially the principle fact questions, a candidate should practice questions regularly to get a good grip of it as ample practice should be there.
• The legal fact and legal G.K questions can be attempted well by identifying and memorising important constitutional articles, landmark and recent judgments and new laws/amendments.
This section test candidate ability to identify patterns, understanding of logical links.
• Spend some seconds over a question and study each question carefully. A brief explanation of why each choice is correct or incorrect should go into your mind.
• Never assume or use any information that the question fails to give you. Consider ONLY the information given in each reading passage when choosing among the alternative responses.
• Read both the factual passage and the sentence completion instruction carefully. Both must be considered in making your choice.
• Be sure to read all the response choices carefully before eliminating or choosing one of them.
• Candidate can solve most of these questions by following certain tricks and shortcut methods. Therefore, a practice of previous year papers and chapter wise questions is important.
• Candidate should solve questions regularly to get a good grip of it as ample practice should be there.
• Candidate can also prepare for this section is by regularly solving crossword puzzles, Sudoku, riddles, etc.
This section carries only 20 marks out of 200 and the questions asked are of elementary mathematics. This is easy 20 marks if a candidate prepares well.
• Candidate should brush up the basics to get a grip on the fundamental topics.
• Practice is the key to Mathematics, so candidates must practice as many mock tests as possible.
CLAT is one of toughest entrance examination for admission into top Law Colleges in India. National Law Universities are one of the finest and popular law schools in Asia which suggests admission through CLAT is not easy. CLAT doesn’t have a well-structured syllabus, therefore, study material candidate use for preparation has to be perfect and should meet all the requirements. To prepare for an exam, books are the best source as they enhance knowledge and provide insights about a topic but, a candidate often faces plenty of problems to choose the right book. To lighten candidates’ burden, all the books mentioned below are chosen after careful research. These books are the best for section wise as well as overall CLAT Preparation. Given below is the section wise CLAT Preparation books :
CLAT Previous Year Solved and Sample Papers :-
• Study Package for CLAT & LLB Entrance Examinations (English) 3rd Edition Author: A. P. Bhardwaj (ISBN-10: 9351340341)
• The Pearson Guide to the CLAT (ISBN-10: 8131796396)
English Books for CLAT :-
• Word Power Made Easy New Revised & Expanded Edition By NORMAN LEWIS (ISBN-10: 0143424688)
• OBJECTIVE GENERAL ENGLISH 01 Edition By R. S. Aggarwal (ISBN-10: 8121915317)
General Knowledge Books for CLAT :-
• Manorama Yearbook 2017 (English) 50th Edition (ASIN: B00O1N77HG)
• Lucent’s General Knowledge(ISBN-10: 8192933563)
CLAT Preparation Books for Mathematics :-
• Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal (ISBN-10: 8121924987)
• Magical Book On Quicker Maths by Tyra (ISBN-10: 8190458922)
• Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha (ISBN-10: 9351343553)
Logical Reasoning Books for CLAT:-
• A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal (ISBN-10: 8121919053)
• Analytical Reasoning by M. K. Pandey (ISBN-10: 8190458914)
CLAT Preparation Book for Legal Aptitude : Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning : For the CLAT and LL.B. Entrance Examinations by A. P. Bhardwaj(ISBN-10: 933252646X)
• Stick to topics you’ve prepared and revise.
• Set a Time Period and Revise more important things, like mathematics, legal aptitude, logical reasoning and may be if time left then some general knowledge and English.
• Go through formulas and make sure to go through all the important short-tricks and techniques learnt for solving mathematics questions.
• Go through the Reasoning questions of all the past years’ papers for Legal Aptitude.
• General knowledge, English and logical reasoning is not something you’d be able to prepare or start afresh at this moment.
• Negative marking is there so don’t rush in and attempt questions you are not sure of.
NLU Consortium Declares to Conduct CLAT 2019 in Of ...
NUALS Kochi was the regulating body of the law ent ...
Power System Operation Corporation Ltd. (POSOCO) i ...