IOCL will use CLAT 2020 (Postgraduate ( LLM programme )scores )for the recruitment of experienced law graduates. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of scores secured in CLAT 2020. The CLAT 2020 exam is scheduled to be held on May 10th 2020 in offline mode.
- Candidates must have a graduate degree in any stream or bachelor's degree in law from recognised University or BCI(Bar Council of India). Check Eligibility
- It is looking for energetic or dedicated legal professionals as Law Officers in Grade “B” (Assistant Law Manager) and Law Officers in Grade “A” (Law Officer).
- Candidates can fill CLAT Application form by March 31, 2020, through online mode.
- After the result is announced, Shortlisted candidates will be called for Discussion/Group Task (GD/GT) and Personal Interview (PI). Check Selection Process
Note: CLAT scores from 2019 or any other previous year exam will be not valid.
About CLAT exam
CLAT is a national level examination conducted by the 21 national law universities for admission in 5 years integrated LLB and B.A. LL.B., B.Com LL.B. and B.Sc L.L.B programs every year. CLAT is conducted once a year and the candidates can take the exam after the Higher Secondary Exam or the 12th grade to take admissions in various UG Programmes in Law.
CLAT Important Dates for IOCL
We are providing all the information regarding CLAT exam below:
|Commencement of application form||January 01, 2020|
|Last Date for submitting the application form||March 31, 2020|
|Accessibility of admit card||May first week, 2020 (tentative)|
|CLAT 2020 examination||May 10th, 2020|
CLAT Eligibility criteria for IOCL Recruitment
All the aspiring candidates of CLAT exam must know the CLAT Eligibility before applying. Check post wise eligibility criteria below:
For Law Officers in Grade “B” (Assistant Law Manager):
- Candidates have a graduate degree in any discipline and bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST).
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in public sector undertaking/nationalized bank/central/ state government department.
- Maximum age limit as on June 30, 2020 for General/EWSs candidates is 30 years.
- Candidates have some desired skills in oil & gas/petrochemical industry, knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations, leadership skills, excellent written and verbal communication etc.
For Law Officers in Grade “A” (Law Officer):
- Candidates have graduate degree in any discipline and bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with minimum marks for general/OBC candidates is 60% (55% for SC/ST).
The upper age limit ad on June 30, 2020 for General/EWSs candidates is 30 years.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience as a law officer in large private sector organization/company of repute, public sector undertaking/nationalized bank/statutory corporation/central/state government department/undertaking or institution
|Categories||Relaxation in Upper Age Limit|
|OBC (NCL)||3 years|
|Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 & 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officer||5 years|
On the basis of Physical Fitness
The candidates should know that they are required to be physically fit to be able to get selected for the position available for IOCL. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines, rules and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’. According to Indian Oil’s pre-employment medical standard being medically fit is the basic requirement for the candidates.
How to apply for IOCL Recruitment through CLAT
Check the following steps to apply for IOCL Recruitment through CLAT:
- Candidates need to fill in and submit the CLAT online application form for Post Graduate Programme (LLM).
- On receipt of CLAT admit card, the candidate is required to apply to IndianOil, in online mode at iocl.com.
- Click on the application link and fill correct CLAT - 2020 roll number/registration number in Indian oil’s application form.
- Enter their name in the same manner as they have entered while applying to CLAT Exam.
- After filling all the information submit the application by clicking on the “submit” button.
- After submitting, a unique application ID will generate along with the completed application form.
- Candidate must take a print out of the completed application, and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
Note: Candidates are exempted for the application fee.
Selection Process for IOCL Recruitment
Candidates clearing the eligibility criteria should know about the process that will be followed for recruitment to the available post.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for CLAT 2020 which is scheduled to be held on May 10th, 2020.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process on the basis of CLAT 2020 scores in order of merit.
- Selection process comprising of Group Discussion (GD) / Personal Interview (PI) separately.
- Candidates, if shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process, will be required to bring their original CLAT scorecard at the time of GD/PI.
Note: Please note that for the above recruitment, CLAT 2020 scores will only be valid.
CLAT Placement, Service Bond and Remuneration Package for IOCL
For the ones who registered for the recruitment, should have an idea about the procedure of their placement as well as the other formalities. Given below some information of placement, service bond and remuneration package:
- Candidates can be placed in any of the regions of India i.e. South, West, East and North. The selected ones shall initially be posted, as per the requirement in any of the Divisions/Units/Subsidiary Companies/Offices of Indian Oil. It is important for them to possess all India transfer liability.
- Candidates belonging to the general category will have to execute a bond of Rs. 3,00,000/- (Rs. 50,000/- for SC/ST/OBC & PwD candidates) in order to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining.
Remuneration for IOCL:
According to the rules of the corporation, basic pay is different for different post. Check below:
- For Law Officers in Grade “B”: Candidates who selected as Law officers in Grade “B” will receive a starting Basic pay of Rs. 70000/- per month.
- For Law Officers in Grade “A”: Candidates who selected as Law Officers in Grade “A” will receive a starting basic pay of Rs. 60,000/-per month
Note: With basic pay candidates will get other allowances include /benefits include HRA/subsidized housing accommodation, medical facilities, gratuity, group personal accident insurance scheme, performance related pay, leave encashment, employees’ pension scheme, children’s education allowance, leave travel concession (LTC)/ LFA, contributory provident fund, professional updating allowance, etc. will be applicable as per the rules and regulations of the corporation.
CLAT General Instructions for IOCL Recruitment
After going through the article, the candidates should also go through the important things that they need to keep in mind:
- Only Indian nationals are eligible.
- Candidates are advised to fill their information in the online application form of IOCL very carefully, as no request will be accepted for changes.
- It is important for candidates to have a valid email id, which must stay legitimate for at least next one year. All future correspondence with the candidates will occur through email.
- Candidates are additionally advised to give their mobile numbers accurately in order to receive SMS updating their choice/short listing status.
- The candidate should possess valid documents like date of issue, caste/sub-caste certificate, the percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, state of origin, etc. at the time of filling in the online application.
- If in case one or more application is received from the candidate, only the most recent application will be considered.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
- Candidates belonging to OBC category, but belonging to creamy layer will be entitled as the General category candidate.
- In a case where the candidate is presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies, candidates need to submit NOC from competent authority at the time of interview.
- Candidates shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process, if not meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria.
Check CLAT PSU Recruitment