National Law University, Ranchi, the conducting body of CLAT 2020 has notified guidelines for SAP/ PwD candidates using Scribes in CLAT 2019. The law entrance examination is scheduled for May 10, 2020. The online mode examination will have objective type of questions. The application forms for CLAT 2020 will be released in the month of January 2020.
Candidates falling under the category of Specially Abled Person (SAP)/ Person with Disability (PwD) are as follows:
- Visually impaired
- with cerebral palsy
- with locomotor impairment,
- and whose speed of writing or use of keyboard/mouse is affected
Check CLAT Exam Pattern
Listed below are quick facts related to Scribes:
- A separate form needs to be filled by SAP/ PwD candidates taking help of a scribe.
- There is an option of bringing a scribe of his/ her own choice or opt for a scribe to be arranged by the CLAT Authorities.
- The scribe can be from any academic stream.
- A suitable undertaking needs to be given by both the parties while filling in the form.
- Scribe will only help to read the instructions and questions, along with mouse clicks.
- The same scribe cannot be used by any other candidate appearing for the Common Law Admission Test.
Note – Further, in case it later transpires that she/he did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the examination.
What is the Definition of Persons with Disabilities?
As per the CLAT Committee, a person with disability or PwD means a person with long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairment which hampers his/ her participation in society equally with others.
“Person with benchmark disability” means a person with not less than 40% of a specified disability, as certified by the certifying authority.
1. In CLAT documents and online application form, ‘Persons with Disability’ (PwD) and ‘Specially Abled Persons’ (SAP) have been used interchangeably as is used by the respective NLUs.
2. The disability has been specifically classified for MNLU, Aurangabad. The applicant has to choose the one appropriate among the three categories of SAP (PH1/PH2/PH3) within the State.
Additional Privileges to PwD/ SAP category
There are few privileges given to the Specially Abled Persons by the CLAT Authorities. They are as follows:
- The SAP/PwD candidates will be eligible for a compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination (40 minutes for CLAT 2019).
- The cut off will be comparatively lower than the General and OBC categories.
Check CLAT Cut Off
Official Screenshot of the Guidelines