UPSC has released notification National Defence Academy Examination, commonly known as NDA exam. Interested candidates can fill the NDA (1) Application Form 2018 till February 5, 2018.
The NDA 2018 Official Notification is out for 415 posts. The number of vacancies announced for Army, Navy and Air Force is 208, 60 and 92 respectively, while for Naval Academy (10+2 cadet entry scheme) 55 vacancies are available.
Before applying for NDA 2018, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements. Those who have passed 10+2 exams can apply for the vacant posts subject to some necessary requirements.
As per the official notification, NDA Admit Card 2018for objective paper and Personality Test will be made available on the official portal of UPSC. Candidates will not receive admit cards by post.
NDA 2018 Important Dates
The important dates regarding NDA 2018 have been tabulated below:
|Online Registration Begins||January 15, 2018|
|Online Registration Ends||February 05, 2018 till 18:00 hours|
|Last Day to pay fees||February 05, 2018 till 18:00 hours|
|Release of Admit Card||April, 2018|
|Date of Written Examination||April 22, 2018|
Chcek NDA Exam Dates 2018
NDA 2018 Vacancy Details
UPSC Exam Name: NDA 2018 Exam 1
Total Number of Posts: 415
- National Defence Academy: 360
- Army: 208
- Navy: 60
- Air Force: 92
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 55
*Vacancies are provisional and are subject to change, depending up on availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy (INA).
NDA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
UPSC prescribes certain eligibility conditions including educational qualification, age, marital status, etc. All the compulsory minimum eligibility requirement details are stated below:
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy (NDA): Passed Higher Secondary Examinations from State/ Central Education Board/ University
- For Air Force & Naval Wings of National Defence Academy: Passed class 12th examinations with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- Students appearing for class 12 examinations are also eligible to apply for admissions.
- Such candidates who qualify SSB Interview must submit the proof of the academic qualification latest by December 01, 2018, failing which their selection will be cancelled.
- Applicants must be born between July 02, 1999 and July 01, 2002 (including both dates).
- The Date of Birth mentioned in Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examinations Certificate or an equivalent certificate will be accepted by the Commissions. No changes will be allowed after the submissions of NDA 2018 Application Form.
Applicants must be either one among of following:
- An Indian Citizen
- A subject of Bhutan & Nepal
- A Tibetan Refugee before January 01, 1962.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
NDA 2018 How to Apply?
Aspirants can follow the steps given below to fill NDA (1) Application Form2018:
- Visit the web portal of UPSC- upsconline.nic.in.
- Select “Online Applications for Various Examinations of UPSC” link.
- Click on Registration for Part 1 link.
- Submit the required details (Name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Qualification, etc.)
- Proceed to upload the scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Submit the details.
- Proceed to pay the registration fees.
- After successful submission of the application fee, take a print of the finally submitted application form.
NDA 2018 Application Fee
Application fee of NDA 2018 for various categories is given below:
|General & OBC||INR 100|
|SC/ ST/ Sons of JCOs/ NCOs/ ORs||Nil|
- Application fee can be paid through following methods:
- Cash Deposit in any branch of SBI
- Through Net Banking facility of SB/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore
- Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit cards