Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) conducts yearly examination for different posts, one of which is Maintainer. There are various trades in which a candidate applies based on their educational qualification. Check DMRC Exam Dates
- Candidates having ITI (NCVT/SCVT) in specific trades only are eligible for the post of Maintainer. Check DMRC Maintainer Eligibility
- Maintainers are paid approximately INR 8000 to INR 14140 per month based on your trade specialization.
- The result of the DMRC Maintainer recruitment examination is declared in the month of April 2018. Check DMRC Maintainer Vacancy Details
- DMRC conducts a medical test after the candidate qualifies the examination, and there is no interview conducted for this job.
This article highlights all the information regarding Maintainer like the job profile, responsibilities, from eligibility and from exam pattern to salary structure, from syllabus to the study plan you can follow to gain success in the examination. check DMRC Maintainer Result
DMRC Maintainer Job Profile
The Job profile of Maintainer pertains to upkeep & maintenance of various Maintenance Systems & processes, in connection with operation & maintenance of Metro.
Trains, and also for installation/ execution of various systems like Lifts, Escalators, Track, Structure, Traction/OHE, E&M, Signaling, Telecom/Automatic Fare Collection, Train Coaches, P. Way, works, Stores Depots etc., in shift duty including night shift.
DMRC Maintainer Roles and Responsibilities
- The training for Maintainer: Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Civil varies from 06 weeks to 17 weeks.
- JE/Maintainers are in charge for providing precautionary and remedial maintenance for a variety of systems and passenger facilities.
- Operate to ensure operation of train services as per timetable and commuter comfort.
- You will also be trained in failure supervision to minimize the down time at some stage in train service disruption.
On joining the organization, Junior Engineers/Maintainers are given course training for duration of four weeks followed by professional training in respective wings that includes –
|Rolling Stock||Signaling||Telecom & Automatic Fare Collection System||Traction|
DMRC Maintainer Eligibility
- Candidates having ITI (NCVT/SCVT) in specific trades only are eligible for the post of Maintainer.
- Since, there is no interview for the post of Maintainers, the final result of Maintainer job profile will be declared in public domain by DMRC.
- The proof of passing/result should have been declared in public domain through newspapers/websites etc.
- Details of all trades along with the vacancy list of Maintainers are given below in the table:
|Discipline/Trade||No. of vacancies|
|UR||OBC||SC||ST||On horizontal basis|
|Ref and AC Machine||33||19||08||04||02||-||04||3|
DMRC Maintainer Application Form
- Candidates are required to apply online through website i.e. delhimetrorail.com only. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates are must have a valid personal e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, they should create their new e-mail ID before applying online.
- After going to Career page on the official website of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and open the recruitment notification.
- Candidate should thoroughly go through the vacancy notification first to let know the eligibility, age criteria etc.
- Candidates must fill up all the details like age, personal details, educational qualification etc. in the application form.
- Candidates will have to upload scanned copy of passport color photo, signature scan copy, OBC/SC/ST/PWD certificates. The size of these scanned copies should be within 100 kb and in .jpg/.pdf files only.
- A bank Challan with Bank Reference Number (the reference number will be unique) will be generated after, successful filling up of the application form which is used to pay the fee of the examination.
Check Important Guidelines for DMRC Maintainer Exam
DMRC Maintainer Exam Dates
|DMRC exam admit card can be downloaded from||January 2018|
|DMRC exam for Maintainer Fitter is expected to be scheduled on||February 2018 (Shift I, Shift II and Shift III)|
|Online exam for Maintainer Electrician will be conducted in||February 2018 (Shift I, Shift II and Shift III)|
|February 2018 (Shift I, Shift II and Shift III)|
|February 2018 (Shift I)|
|DMRC Exam for Ref & AC Mechanic will be held in||February 2018 (Shift II)|
|Maintainer Electronic Mechanic exam will be conducted in||February 2018 (Shift III)|
DMRC Maintainer Exam Pattern
- For every wrong answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- The Written Test Paper is of 1½ hours duration.
- There would be no interview for the post of Maintainer (Electrician / Fitter / Electronic Machine / Ref. & AC).
- Candidates who qualify in Written Test and Rank High on Merit List to the extent of vacancies, as per reservation roster, will be called for Medical Examination in Bee-one standard by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. would announce in the month April - June 2018 the Results of Maintainer (Electrician) / Maintainer (Fitter) / Maintainer (Electronic Machine) / Maintainer (Ref. & AC).
- However, this is a tentative date as already informed by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
|Paper||Paper-I Technical and Aptitude|
|Mode of the DMRC exam||Online|
|Medium of the exam||Paper-I English/Hindi|
|Number of the Questions||Technical/Professional - 75 Questions|
|General Awareness - 20 questions|
|Numerical Ability - 5 questions|
|Logical Ability Reasoning - 10 questions|
|General English - 10 questions|
DMRC Maintainer Syllabus
|General Awareness||General Aptitude||Logical Ability|
|Indian History||Simplification||Number series|
|Indian Culture & Heritage||Pipes & Cisterns||Letter & symbol series|
|Current events – National & International||Dimensions||Verbal Classification|
|Indian Polity||Time & work||Essential part|
|Science & Technology||Problems on ages||Artificial language|
|IT & Space etc.||Percentages||Matching Definitions|
|Indian Geography||Profit & loss||Making judgements|
|Indian Economy||Ratios & Proportions||Verbal reasoning|
|-||Simple & Compound interest||Logical problems|
|Time & Distance||Statement & Conclusion|
DMRC Maintainer Study Plan
- You should begin by listing down few topics that covers the maximum in English Portion and Start preparing for the same.
- Understand, Practice and Clear the Concept accordingly by practice and Learning.
- Candidates should incorporate and practice time management in their daily life.
- Make a study schedule starting with topics you don’t know at all and then mix it up with one familiar topic.
- You must work on your speed, and practice more to improve your speed.
- Every time you solve a question put yourself on a timer and try to beat your score each time you do it.
- Analyzing the Previous Year Paper and Creating the Concepts will be the biggest tool towards your Success.
- These crucial tips will help candidates to perform well and score well in DMRC recruitment examination.
Following a study plan you can follow with which you will be well prepared within a month and can go with few mock tests and sample papers to be ready and raring to go.
|Total Number of Days||30|
|Number of Hours per Day||4 Hours|
|Hours dedicated towards General Awareness including Computer Awareness Preparation||30 Hours|
|Hours dedicated towards English Preparation||30 Hours|
|Hours dedicated towards Numerical Ability and Reasoning Preparation||30 Hours|
|Hours dedicated towards General English Paper II Preparation||30 Hours|
DMRC Maintainer Cut Off
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Private Limited (DMRC) has fixed category wise Maintainer Qualifying Marks that is a must to be eligible for further selection process.
Category Wise DMRC Maintainer Exam Qualifying Marks
|SC/ ST/ OBC||45 %|
|PH (GEN)||45 %|
|PH (OBC/ SC/ ST)||40 %|