SSC Stenographer 2017 Application Form has released on June 17, 2017 according to the official released news. SSC Stenographers (Grade C & D) Examination will consist of objective type multiple choice questions in written test and skill test in Stenography. The last date to apply online for this examination is July 15, 2017. Those applicants who will qualify in the written test will be called for the Skill Test in Stenography.
SSC Stenographer 2017 Exam Dates
SSC Stenographer 2017 registration process has begun. The last date to fill the SSC Stenographer Application Form is July 15, 2017. SSC Stenographer CBT is going to conducted from September 04 to September 09, 2017. Given below is the table providing information on SSC Stenographer Exam Dates 2017:-
|SSC Steno 2017||Important Date|
|SSC Steno Grade C & D Notification Declaration Date||June 17, 2017|
|Starting Date to Submit SSC Steno 2017 Application From||June 17, 2017|
|Last Date to Apply for SSC Stenographer 2017 Recruitment||July 15, 2017|
|SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2017 Release Date||July (Last Week)|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2017||September 4 to September 7, 2017|
|SSC Stenographer Result 2017 Declaration Date||October 2017|
|SSC Stenographer 2017 Skill Test Date||April to May 2018|
|Final Result Declaration Date||Updated Soon|
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) was established on November 4, 1975. It is the well-reputed organization under the Government of India which is responsible for recruiting the talented candidates for various jobs in different departments of Indian Government and its Subordinate Offices.
SSC Stenographer 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must completely satisfy the SSC Stenographer eligibility before filling the SSC Stenographer online form. The complete information regarding application form, important dates, how to apply etc. Following are the eligibility mentioned below for Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Stenographers exam -
- Educational Qualification- Aspirants must have completed 12th Standard or equivalent degree from well recognized Board or university. The competitors, who are able to prove by documentary evidence that result of exam was released on or before the date of cut off and they have been passed, will also be considered to have the required educational qualification.
- Age Limit- The age of applicants should be between 18 to 27 years old as on 1.8.2017. Relaxation in age will be offer as per government rules and regulation. Candidates need to visit the official notification of SSC for complete information.
- The candidate must be
1. An Indian citizen, or
2. A subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or
3. A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 01-01-1962, for permanent settlement, or
4. Of Indian origin, migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Tanzania, Malawi, Ethiopia, Vietnam and Zaire, for permanent settlement.
How to Apply for SSC Stenographer 2017
Students can submit their application form online from the official website and they can send using post. These are the step by step procedure to apply for SSC Stenographer-
- First of all, candidates just go through with the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the Registration Part Section.
- Fill OTR (One Time Registration) Form carefully.
- Enter all the personal details, professional details, basic information and contact details in the form and click on the submit button.
- After that upload your scanned photograph, signature and certificate in the form.
- After successfully, completion of your registration you will get registration ID and password details on your phone or email id.
- If you registered then do not required the OTR form then go with login option and enter your registration ID and password.
- Click on the apply button and download the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2017 official notification page.
- Read the notification page carefully and get aware about the complete information.
- Fill the application form with all the required information carefully and attach your scanned photograph and signature.
- After that, applicants just need to pay application fees online.
- The information filled in by him/her earlier, at the registration time, photo process, will automatically be filled in the respective fields in the application form.
- Now check the complete filled form at once and then submit the application form.
- Save the copy of the application for in your computer and take print out.
Read AboutSSC Stenographer Application Form
SSC Stenographer 2017 Application Fee
- Applicants are need to pay INR 100 only through online application will be accepted at ssconline.nic.in.
- Applicants who belong to Scheduled caste, Ex-servicemen, persons with disability and women candidates are no need to pay any application fees.
- For offline applications: The application fee must be paid via Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS).
- For online applications: The application fee must be paid via SBI Challan, Credit card, Debit card or Net Banking.
- The application fee, if paid by methods other than mentioned above will not be accepted. Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
SSC Stenographer 2017 Exam Pattern
SSC Stenographer 2017 Exam Pattern is divided into two parts, the written test and the skill test. The details of both are given below. The candidates applying for the test are required to keep a note of the following:
- In the Stenographer exam, there will be one written test and skill test in Stenography.
- The written question papers consist of three sections like - General Awareness, English Language and Comprehension, General intelligence and reasoning etc.
- The question papers consist of total 200 question and time duration to solve the question papers will 2 hours.
- Total question papers will be 200 marks for 200 questions. Each question carries one marks.
- Those applicants who have qualified in the written exam they will be called for the skill test in stenography.
- The SSC will decide the minimum qualifying marks of the written exam.
- In the stenographer exam, there will be the provision of negative marking.
- If candidates select the wrong answer then ¼ marks will deducted as penalty.
- So, that applicants are advised to select the answer after being hundred confident otherwise ¼ marks will be deducted.
- Number of question according to the subject are described in the table-
|Name of Subject||Number of Question|
|English Language and Comprehension||100|
|General intelligence and reasoning||50|
SSC Stenographer 2017 Selection Procedure
SSC Stenographer Grade 'C' and grade 'D' Posts 2017 is one of the most admired exam. In the SSC Stenographer Grade 'C' and grade 'D' posts, candidates will be selected on the basis of their presentation in the written test examination and skill test.
In case, two or more students get equal aggregate marks, then there will be tie by the below mentioned process-
- Check the date of birth of the candidates, older applicants give the first priority.
- Select the candidates as per the marks in the written exam. Those candidates who get the higher marks they get the higher placed.
- Applicants placed higher as per the alphabetical order in the first name. According to the alphabetical name order candidates can get priority.
Those candidates who have successfully cleared the written test and fulfill the cut off marks criteria which are decided by SSC then the candidates are eligible for the stenographer skill test. Now, the applicants will have to appear in skill test. Typing test speed 80 wpm in Hindi and 100 wpm in English. Final selection will be based on the all the written test and skill test.