Union Public Service Commission will release the application notification for Civil Services Examination (commonly known as IAS) on its official website in the month of February 2019. The last date to apply will be in the month of March 2019. Candidates are advised to keep all their documents ready while registering for IAS 2019.
- IAS 2019 Application form will be available online on UPSC website.
- IAS Application fee will be INR 200. SC/ST/Women candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts Civil Services exam for candidates aspiring to be Grade ‘A’ officers.
UPSC IAS Exams is conducted in three stages namely Preliminary, Mains and Interview rounds. The registered candidates are required to sit for the Preliminary round. The appeared candidates are shortlisted based on their scores and invited for IAS Mains. Candidates qualifying IAS Mains are then called for Interview rounds.
IAS 2019 Application Form Highlights
|Exam||Civil Services Examination(commonly known as IAS)|
|Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Application Process Begin||February 2019|
|Application Process Ends||March 2019|
|Preliminary Exam Dates||June 2019|
|Format||English and Hindi|
IAS 2019 Application Dates
Below are the tentative dates for prestigious IAS Examination Prelims Round 2019.
|Release of Notification for IAS Prelims||February 2019|
|Availability of application form for IAS Prelims||February 2019|
|Online Application form Last date Submit||March 2019|
|Prelims Exam Admit Card||June 2019|
|Exam date of Prelims||June 2019|
|Preliminary exam result||August 2019|
IAS 2019 Eligibility
Candidates who want to apply for IAS 2019 must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the Union Public Service Commission. If eligible then candidates can apply for UPSC IAS 2019. Here are the Eligibility Criteria set by UPSC:
- Candidates must be the citizen of India, first.
- Candidate must satisfy the minimum physical standard as per prescribed in the official notification.
- At any stage, if a candidate is found ineligible for the exam, he/she will be disqualified from further rounds of the recruitment process
- The minimum and maximum age of the candidates must be 21 years and 32 years respectively.
- The relaxation in the upper age for the candidates of the SC and ST category will be 5 years and for the OBC category will be of 3 years.
- It is mandatory to possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or from the central government.
- Applicants who are pursuing education and are in their final semester or final year may apply.
IAS 2019 Application form Registration
A candidate who wishes to apply for IAS 2019 should follow the application procedure mentioned below:
- Visit the official website www.upsconline.nic.in after the notification is out.
- Click on the recruitment button of “IAS 2019”
- Fill in the Online Recruitment Application (ORA).
- Enter the details asked such as name, parent’s name, date of birth, correspondence address, academic qualifications, email address, mobile number, etc.
- Provide your correct and functional email address as all correspondence will be made by the UPSC through email only.
- Click on “Submit”
- You will be redirected to the payment step
Payment of Application Fee
- After registration, applicants will have to pay Application Fee.
- Choose the payment method: online or offline mode
- Offline mode of payment includes downloading the Pay-in-slip provided on the page and remitting the cash at the nearest branch of the State Bank of India.
- Online mode includes payment through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Applications fee is INR 200 for General and OBC male candidates, No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates.
- After successful submission of the application fees candidates will be redirected to the Part II of the UPSC Online Form.
- Candidates will have to fill in their academic and communication details asked in the form correctly.
- Candidates will have to choose three examination center, where they want to appear for IAS 2019 Prelims examination.
- Candidates will have to verify all the information entered before submission.
- Click on “Submit” to proceed to the next step.
Uploading of Photograph & Signature
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- The photo must be of 200 x 300 pixels while the signature must be of 140 x 60 pixels.
- Choose the correct file and click open to upload.
- After uploading the images, click on “I Agree” to approve the declaration and submit the complete IAS Online Form.
Candidate should take a printout of the submitted ORA for future references, they are not required to send the application by post/hand to UPSC.
IAS 2019 Application Fee
IAS 2019 Application Fee can be paid in both offline and online mode. For the offline method of fee payment, the candidate must remit the amount in any Branch of SBI. For online options, the candidate can opt either for Net Banking facility or for payment through a debit/credit card.
|General and OBC||INR 200|
|SC/ST/Women candidates||No Fee|
IAS 2019 Application Form Documents Required
Candidates are advised to assemble the following documents prior to IAS 2019 Registration to ensure accurate and correct data. Any mismatch between the actual information and the registered information will result in cancellation of candidature from IAS 2019 Recruitment process:
- Class X Mark sheet
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Medical certificate(if required)
- Category certificate(if required)
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
IAS 2019 Application Form Instructions
Here are some of the important instructions for the candidates who will apply for IAS 2019:
- Applicants should have a valid email address, it should be kept active till the declaration of the final result as all correspondence will be made by the UPSC through email only.
- Applicants must have scanned photograph and signature as per the specific dimensions are given in the official notification.
- The signature and photograph must be clear otherwise the form will get rejected.
- Name of the applicant filled in the application form should be in accordance with the name mentioned in his/her ID proof (ID proof will be required at the time of Examination and Interview)
- Payment made through Demand Draft (DD) won’t be accepted.
- Signature in capital letters will not be accepted.
- Fields marked with ‘*‘ are mandatory and filling them is compulsory.
- Keep the printout of the Application form safely, it is required at the time of interview.
- Candidates are required to send self-attested copies of the documents/certificates in support of the claim made in ORA if summoned by the UPSC.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to produce all original certificates at the time of the interview.
- Candidates must if selected be ready to undergo Medical examination and satisfy such Medical authority as Government may require.