IAS EXAM 2018 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
IAS Exam is held on multiple dates starting from December 03 to December 09, 2016. In IAS Main exam there are 2 optional papers in UPSC civil services mains exam. In IAS Mains examination paper 6&7 are optional subject papers. You can choose Oriya language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Oriya language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Oriya literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Oriya paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Oriya mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed IAS Syllabus.
(Answers must be written in Oriya)
(1) Origin and development of Oriya Language-Influence of Austric, Dravidian, Perso-Arabic and English on Oriya Language.
(2) Phonetics and Phonemics : Vowels, Consonants Principles of changes in Oriya sounds.
(3) Morphology : Morphemes (free, bound compound and complex), derivational and inflectional affixes, case inflection, conjugation of verb.
(4) Syntax : Kinds of sentences and their transformation, structure of sentences.
(5) Semantics-Different types of change in meaning Euphemism.
(6) Common errors in spellings, grammatical uses and construction of sentences.
(7) Regional variations in Oriya Language (Western, Southern and Northern Oriya) and Dialects (Bhatri and Desia)
(1) Historical backgrounds (social, cultural and political) of Oriya Literature of different periods.
(2) Ancient epics, ornate kavyas and padavalis.
(3) Typical structural forms of Oriya Literature (Koili, Chautisa, Poi, Chaupadi, Champu).
(4) Modern trends in poetry, drama short story, novel, essay and literary criticism.
Read About IAS Exam
Answers must be written in Oriya)
Critical Study of texts – The paper will require first hand reading of the text and test the critical ability of the candidate.
Oriya also called Odia, Odri, Utkaliya, Kalingi. Improve writing skills for IAS Oriya literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS Exam. A good command over the language is always helpful. Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Mains Oriya Syllabus and previous papers for reference.
Read About IAS Syllabus
Find here IAS Exam Centers, nearest metro stations ...