UPSEE BHMCT 2018 provides admission to Undergraduate courses in Hospitality and Management. U.P State Entrance Examination for Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology will be conducted by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 is a State Level Entrance examination.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Application Form will be available from February 2018.
- Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh will conduct the entrance examination.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be conducted in the month of April 2018.
- It will be carried out in the online mode.
- The minimum requirement to appear for the entrance exam is 10+2 with at least 45% of marks.
- Candidates who wants to pursue Hotel Management as a full-time career should apply for the entrance test.
The highlights for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Pattern are mentioned in the table below:
|Date of Exam||Mid-April 2018|
|Conducting Body||Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||75 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
|Number of Seats||As per the College and Institute|
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Dates
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be conducted on April 16, 2018, April 22, 2018 and April 23, 2018. The opening date for filling of online application will begin in the third week of January 2018. All the details will be uploaded on the official website.
For all the details of UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Dates, check the table below
|UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Online Application begins||January 2018|
|Final Date for Online Application||February 2018|
|Admit card will be available from||First week of April|
|UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Date||April 16, 2018 April 22, 2018 April 23, 2018|
|Result Date (tentative)||May 2018|
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Eligibility
Applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria to appear for UPSEE BHMCT 2018. Candidates who are appearing or have appeared for the qualifying examination are eligible to apply.
The eligibility for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 in detail is mentioned below:
- For admission to BHMCT, applicants must have passed the intermediate examination of Uttar Pradesh Board or 10+2 level examination.
- Candidates who have qualified or are appearing for any 10+2 equivalent examination are also eligible to apply.
- Intermediate/10+2/Any other equivalent examination should be passed from either U.P Board or a Recognized Board or University.
- The minimum marks required to fulfill the eligibility is 45% marks without grace marks in aggregate for General and OBC category candidates.
- For SC/ST candidates, a minimum of 40% aggregate marks without grace marks are required.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Board and University should provide Domicile of U.P. of their parents/guardians.
- For NRI applicants, passing the 10+2 or any equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University with at least 45% aggregate marks is mandatory.
- Candidates from all disciplines can apply for BHMCT program.
- Admission to NRI candidates will be given on the basis of relative merit list based on the aggregate marks of the qualifying examination.
- Age limit is not applicable for admission to BHMCT course.
- As per AICTE, Foreign Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries are exempted from appearing for UPSEE BHMCT. Such candidates can apply for admission directly.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Application Form
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility can apply for UPSEE BHMCT 2018. The application for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 can be processed in online mode only. Online applications can be made through the website www.upsee.nic.in.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 online applications can be submitted from the first week of January 2018 to the last week of February 2018. Candidates who want to pursue Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology from the University of U.P. should apply for UPSEE BHMCT 2018.
How to Apply for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Online?
- Visit the official website www.upsee.nic.in
- Fill in the details such as Name, Phone number, Email Id and Aadhaar Number
- Upload Photo and Signature
- Upload a recent colored passport photograph with a light background.
- Upload a scanned image of the signature.
- Both the documents should be in jpg or jpeg format.
- The scanned photograph should not exceed 100kb in size.
- The scanned signature should be less than 30kb.
- Online Fee Payment
- Process the application fee in online mode using a credit or debit card or through net banking.
- Confirmation Page
- After the payment, the page will navigate to application confirmation page.
- Download the page and print out for any future reference.
Here are few guidelines candidates should follow during and after application online:
- Candidates should possess Aadhaar Number without which the application will not be processed.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page in case of any technical glitches or failure of processing admit card.
- Candidates can additionally note down the transaction number as a proof of successful payment of application fee.
- Also, make note of the Application number which will be required for downloading admit card and result.
- The form or confirmation document should not be sent through the post.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Application Fee
The application fee for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 for General and OBC category Male or Transgender candidates is INR 1200 and INR 600 for Female candidates, PWD or SC and ST candidates respectively.
Refer the table below for the application fee categorized on the basis of Gender and Category.
|Category 1||Category 2||Application Fee|
|For Male and Transgender candidates||General and OBC||INR 1200|
|For Female Candidates, Person with Disability||SC and ST||INR 600|
The application fee can be processed in online modes only. Applicants can use a credit or debit card to process their application fee.
Credit or Debit card:
- Applicants can select credit/debit card from the options provided.
- On the payment page, enter the credit card or debit card number and CVV number and process the fee.
- Select net banking from the payment options while proceeding for payment of application fee.
- Select the bank from the drop-down menu list and click proceed.
- Enter your internet banking details and process the payment.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Admit Card
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Admit Card will be available in the first week of April 2018. The admit cards for all the successfully registered candidates will be uploaded on the official website only. Candidates who have filled in all the details and processed the application fee will be considered registered.
- Candidates will not receive the admit cards through the post.
- Downloaded admit cards will be treated as valid admit card.
- After downloading the admit cards, candidates should check for any discrepancies.
How to download UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Admit Card?
- Visit the official UPSEE website http://www.upsee.nic.in
- Click on UPSEE 2018 Admit Card
- Select BHMCT from the drop-down menu
- Save and take a printout of the admit card.
In case, any candidate is unable to download the admit card; the helpline should be contacted.
The email id to reach for help is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admit card should be preserved safely even after examination as it is required to be produced at the time of counselling and admission.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Centers
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be conducted in 17 cities in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The exam centers are categorized on the basis of mode of examination. For the Computer based test, a list of centers will be provided at the time of application. The exam center should be selected and filled in appropriately by applicants.
For UPSEE BHMCT 2018 (Computer Based Test) Exam Centers are:
|4. Ambedkar nagar|
|9. Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida / Greater Noida)|
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Pattern
In the series of papers of UPSEE, BHMCT is Paper 5 which is conducted in online mode. Applicants who want to qualify UPSEE BHMCT 2018 should prepare for the entrance by studying and mapping the exam pattern. All the details of the exam pattern are listed below:
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 question paper will consist of 75 objective based multiple-choice questions.
- The maximum number of marks for the question paper will be 300.
- The duration of exam will be 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The medium of UPSEE BHMCT will be English and Hindi.
- The examination will be conducted in Online mode i.e. (Computer Based Test).
- All the objective questions will be based on the general topics to test candidate’s aptitude.
- Every question will carry 4 marks and if the answer is correct, 4 marks will be allotted for every correct response.
- Negative marking is not involved in the evaluation and no marks will be deducted for the incorrect response.
- A record of incorrect answers by candidates will be recorded separately.
Here is a quick tabulated overview of UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Questions||75 Multiple-choice questions|
|Maximum Marks||300 marks|
|Duration of Exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||None|
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Syllabus
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be based on general questions to test candidate’s aptitude. The questions will be based on topics such as Reasoning & Logical Deduction, General Knowledge, Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude and English Language.
The topics and subtopic wise breakdown is provided below:
- Reasoning & Logical Deduction
- Completion of numerical series based on the pattern/logic
- Fill in the blanks of the series based on the numerical pattern and logic of the series
- Geometrical designs & Identification
- Identification of odd thing/item out from a group
- Selection of related letters/words/numbers/figures
- Syllogisms (logic based questions), Identification of logic & selection of correct answers based on the logic
- Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude:
- Arithmetical questions up to 10th standard
- Calculation of fraction, percentages, square roots etc.
- Data / Table analysis, Graph & Bar Diagram and Pie Chart analysis
- Health & Nutrition
- Profit & Loss and Interest calculations
- Questions related to common use of science (Physics & Chemistry)
- General Knowledge:
- Countries’ & Currencies
- Current affairs/Events (Political, Social, Cultural & Economics)
- Current affairs relating to Business & Trade
- Geography including Tourist Places/Spots
- Historical events
- Latest Who's Who?
- Sports & Games
- English Language:
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Complete / Improvement of the sentences with correct use of Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs & Adjectives
- Fill in the blanks
- Meaning of Phrases & Idioms
- Reading Comprehensions followed by questions
- Word Meanings
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Books
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 candidates can refer to the following books for preparation. We have compiled the list below:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author||ISBN|
|The Perfect Study Resource for - GGSIPU BHMCT Common Entrance Test 2017||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9352039637 ISBN-13: 978-9352039630|
|NCHMCT-JEE: National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam (Previous Years Papers)||RPH Editorial Board||ISBN-10: 8178124491 ISBN-13: 978-8178124490|
|Guide for Hotel Management 2018||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9311127043 ISBN-13: 978-9311127040|
|Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide||Gladvin Rego||ISBN-10: 8173668736 ISBN-13: 978-8173668739|
|General English for All Competitive Examinations||S.C. Gupta||ISBN-10: 9350947935 ISBN-13: 978-9350947937|
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Result
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Result will be declared in the month of May 2018.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Result will be declared by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow and will be considered final after the declaration.
- Candidates who want to get the answer sheets scrutinized can apply within seven days of result declaration.
- For scrutinization, a fee of INR 5000 will be charged for per paper.
- A written application with all the details and fee should be submitted to the Registrar, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (U.P.) 226021.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for UPSEE BHMCT.
- Merit Position, Score-card with total marks and marks obtained will be available after the declaration of result.
- If two or more candidates secure equal marks, candidate with higher age will be placed higher in the case of a tie.
The result will be declared along with the official answer keys for candidates to cross verify in case of any discrepancy.
How to Download UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Result?
- Visit the official website www.upsee.nic.in
- Click on UPSEE 2018 Result
- Enter the Application number and select the birth date from the drop-down menu.
- Save the result and take a print out.
The print result will be considered valid and should be preserved safely for the process of counselling and admission.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Cut off
The cutoff marks for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be displayed on the official website.
- The cutoff marks will be based on the qualifying marks and number of lesser incorrect answers.
- The cutoff percentage of marks in UPSEE BHMCT 2018 for the merit of successful candidates is 25% for General and OBC category.
- For SC/ST category, the cutoff percentage is 20% for the merit of successful candidates as per the UP-State Government order.
- Candidates who fulfill the cutoff marks and are listed in the merit list will be called for counselling.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Counselling
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Counselling will be carried out after the declaration of Result and Merit list. The Counselling will be carried out in 5 rounds for BHMCT candidates.
Each Round will follow these steps:
- Registration and Uploading of Documents
- Online Document Verification at centralized Verification Center
- Choice Filling
- Choice Locking
- Seat Allotment Result
- Online Willingness by the student
- Downloading the Provisional allotment letter and Physical Reporting at the Institute
Here are the guidelines Candidates should keep in mind:
- The seat allotment will be carried out strictly on the basis of merit of candidate.
- Once the seat is allotted, no changes will be considered admissible in terms of the Institution and Branch.
- Fees once paid after counselling will be forfeited and will not be refunded under any given circumstances.
- The number of seats can increase or decrease till the dates of UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Counselling.