IES 2019 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) will release the admit card for IES 2018. UPSC will conduct prelims exam in the first week of January 2018, for recruitment of candidates in the Indian Engineering Services (IES). All the candidates who have applied for IES Prelims can download IES Admit Card from www.upsconline.nic.in.
UPSE is conducting IES Exam for graduates who wish to work under the Government of India in the sectors of Power, Telecommunications, Railroads, Public works, etc.
Candidates can download IES 2018 Admit Card from UPSC’s official website i.e. www. upsc.gov.in. Candidates will not receive their Admit Card by post, they have to download their Admit Card online. Candidates are advised to keep their IES Admit Card with them during the examination so that they won’t face any problem while giving the exam.
Steps to download the IES 2018 Admit card for Prelims are given below:
1. Admit Card Application is best suitable on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Browsers.
3. Do not use mobile or other gadgets for downloading e-ADMITCARD.Preferably use Windows OS on Desktop Machine.
4. If you are having problem in downloading e-Admitcard using suggested browsers then clear the cache and cookies of browser using browser setting. In case if you are still unable to download the e-Admitcard then please try to download the admitcard using other computer machine.
5. If the candidate is blocked by the server in case of repetitive downloading please contact UPSC ADMINISTRATOR immediately through e-mail: - email@example.com to unblock the downloading.
1. Visually Impaired candidates (Visually impairment 40% or more) and the candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy where (dominant writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) are entitled to a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour in both the sessions.
2. The Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will be allowed to avail the assistance of such Scribe, only if he/she carries a valid Scribe Admit Card duly issued by the Commission for such purpose.
3. The Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will not be allowed to change their Scribe subsequently.
4. The scribe will read out the question to the candidate and on candidate’s instruction, mark and shade the appropriate circles on the objective type OMR sheet. The candidate will clearly indicate to the scribe as to which of the four responses in his/her estimation, is the correct response so that the scribe can mark the answer accordingly by blackening the appropriate circle with Black Ball Point Pen.
5. The scribe will make no gestures, sounds or any other response or communication designed to indicate to the candidate the correctness or otherwise of the answer being recorded by him/her.Any such attempt would entail disqualification of the candidate and stringent action against both the candidate and the scribe shall be taken.
6. The peace in the examination hall or of the other candidates seated in the examination hall should not be disturbed while the scribe reads out the questions to the candidate or when the candidate indicates the correct response to the scribe for marking in the answer-sheet.
7. The candidate and the scribe will sign a declaration that they are aware of/have read the Commission’s instructions regarding the conduct of the candidates and their scribe and they undertake to abide by these instructions.
8. No TA/DA or any remuneration will be paid by the Commission either to the candidates or the scribes brought by them.
9. Violation of any of the instructions shall entail cancellation of the candidature of the candidate in addition to any other appropriate action that may be taken by the Commission against the candidate/scribe. Both the candidate and the scribe shall be subject to the rules of examination and action will be taken against them for violation of the same as per rules of the examination.
UPSC will conduct IES in a total of 3 stages. Candidates who will qualify the Stage 1 will be eligible for Stage 2 and candidates qualifying Stage 1 and 2 will be eligible for Stage 3.
Stage 3 is a Personality Test of 200 marks for the qualified candidates.
Total Marks for UPSC IES Examination(Stage 1+ Stage 2+ Stage 3) is 1300. Candidates who will qualify all the stages based on the minimum qualifying marks set by the Commission will be included in the final Merit List of UPSC IES Examination 2018.
Read More About IES Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing in UPSC Engineering Services ...