Aspirants appearing for IES ECE 2017 must analyze the previous year’s cut-off marks and merit list. This will give them an idea about the level and complexity of IES so that they prepare themselves accordingly. Here we have done an analysis of IES ECE 2016 Cut-off marks and rank of candidates.
|IES AIR Rank||Candidate’s Name||Marks|
|1||Naveen Bhushan Sharma||784|
|94||Bharat Kumar SR||379|
IES 2017 Preparation Tips
Now that all the appearing candidates have an idea about marks vs rank dynamic, we are sure you all must be geared up to give your best in IES 2017. We also provide you with some of the most essential preparation tips, that will help you score excellent marks. Read them below:
- It is always instructed by the toppers and experts to start off with a planned timetable and stick to it till the end with commitment and conviction.
- Follow the IES Syllabus and prepare according to it without wasting any time on out of syllabus topics.
- Prepare notes during the preparation which includes important formulae and tricks. Make your concept clear and strong, it will help to solve any type of complex questions.
- It is advisable to join a coaching class. It will definitely help a lot. But in case any candidate decides to prepare by himself, then he must follow the resources and study methods practiced by the coaching classes.
- Candidates must prepare equally for both papers, i.e. Paper I & Paper II, as it is mandatory to qualify both.
- Go for the books recommended by the experts and toppers and try to avoid confusion while purchasing the preparation books. Candidates may get resources for preparation from internet as well.
- Do not forget to revise each topic before IES Exam and practice mock test papers as much as you can.
- Manage your time and strategize it among each section equally, without getting stuck to any question try to solve it within the estimated time.
IES 2017 Preparation Books
Here is a list of IES ECE preparation books, highly recommended by the toppers and experts. It is very likely that questions will be asked from these books.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits by J.B.Gupta
- Microelectronic Circuits by Sedra & Smith
- Communication System Analog & Digital by Singh & Sapre
- Kennedy’s Electronic Communication Systems by Kennedy & Davis
- Automatic Control System by B.C.Kuo