IES Admit Card is released by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) each year. It is released separately for both the stages of IES (Prelims and Mains).
- Admit Card for the Prelims stage of Indian Engineering Services was released on December 9, 2016, while for Mains stage, it was released on April 18, 2017.
- To download IES Admit Card, candidates can visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in.
- They must then enter their login credentials and download it for further use.
- Once you have IES Admit Card in hand, make sure all the details it carries (name, exam center, course, time, etc.) are true and correct.
IES (Mains 2017) was successfully held on May 14, 2017. Now, all qualifying candidates will appear in the interview round in November. The final IES Result is expected to be out in December 2017. All successful candidates will be recruited to various posts in Indian Engineering Services.
Highlights of IES Admit Card
|IES Admit Card for Prelims will be available on ||December 9, 2016|
|IES Admit Card for Mains will be available on||April 18, 2017|
|Issuing body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Admit Card can be downloaded from||www.upsc.gov.in|
|IES Admit Card can be accessed using||Registration ID, Roll number and Date of birth|
|Details on IES Admit Card||Candidates name, Application number, Test centre, Test date & time, Course, Category|
|Documents to carry along with admit card||Copy of application form and a photo ID |
|UPSC Helpline Number||011-23381125, 011-23385271|
How to download IES Admit Card?
IES Admit Card is a very important document to carry at the exam hall. UPSC generally releases the admit card for IES three weeks before the date of the exam. It can be obtained from the official website, by using your credentials.
Here is how you can download IES Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
- Click on the admit card tab
- A list of all exams whose admit cards have been released will be displayed.
- Click on the exam you have applied for i.e. IES
- A page of terms and conditions will appear. Click yes and move ahead.
- Enter either registration ID or roll number
- Select the option suitable to you.
- If you select registration ID, you are required to fill up registration ID, DOB and captcha.
- If you choose roll number, fill up your roll number, DOB and captcha.
- Click on SUBMIT
- Your IES admit card will be displayed.
- Download and take out its print.
Details on IES Admit Card
UPSC IES admit card carries important information about the candidate and the exam he is appearing for. One must remember to verify all the particulars and ensure that everything mentioned is accurate. Make sure you check them while downloading IES Admit Card.
Some of the important information on the admit card of IES is:
- Personal details of the candidate (Name, father’s name, DOB, address etc)
- Date and time of the examination
- Venue and total address
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Registration number
- Roll number
- Email ID
- General instructions to be kept in mind while attempting the examination
Documents to carry with IES Admit Card
Candidates while appearing for IES should carry any one of the following documents as their photo identity proof to IES Exam Center:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- Driving License
Key Information regarding IES Admit Card
Here are some important points regarding IES Admit Card that all candidates must keep in mind.
- IES Admit Card will not release in offline mode.
- It is the candidate’s entry pass to the examination hall.
- You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card , the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
- No admit card will be re-issued.
- Candidates must enter the exam hall 20 minutes before the exam commences.
- UPSC releases admit card of only those candidates who have successfully registered themselves for the exam and completed the whole procedure of application process.
- The call letter is a document which carries important information regarding the exam you are appearing.
- If you appear in an exam centre other than the designated one, your answer sheets will not be accepted/ evaluated.
Discrepancies in IES Admit Card
- Post downloading IES Admit Card, candidates are advised to check all the mentioned details and verify them properly.
- In case there is some discrepancy in the given information or if the admit card has not been displayed on the official website till one week prior to the exam, the candidate must immediately contact UPSC in this regard.
- In case of non-receipt of IES Admit Card, candidate can contact the Facilitation Counter located in the UPSC Office either in person or by phone.
- In case of discrepancy or errors in IES Admit Card, the candidate must get in touch with the appropriate authority, requesting to issue a new one. The request must contain the following particulars:
- Name and year of the examination
- Registration ID (RID)
- Roll Number (if received)
- Name of candidate (in full and in block letters)
- Postal Address as given in the application
- Failure to mention any of these details will result in ignorance/non-consideration of the candidate’s request. Hence, applicants must be vigilant about this issue.
- The authorities can be reached at the following address:
Address: UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069
Facilitation Counter(Ph. No): 011-23098543 / 23385271 / 23381125 / 23098591
IES Admit Card FAQs
Ques. What to do after downloading the Admit Card of IES 2017?
Ans. Candidates after downloading the Admit Card should take a print out of the same. It is mandatory to carry IES Admit Card to the exam centre on the day of exam.
Ques. What if I forget my Registration No.?
Ans. In case a candidate forgets his application number, he can retrieve it by clicking on ‘forgot application number link’’. After that, a new window will open and the following details will be asked-
- Name of candidate
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- After entering all these, click on submit and you can get all the details.
- Take a print out of IES Admit Card 2017 as it will be required for future processes.
- The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate. Candidates must provide a valid email ID in the application form. The e-Admit card will not be despatched to candidates via post or fax.
Ques. What if any technical issue is encountered while downloading IES Admit Card?
Ans. Admit Card Application is best suitable on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Browsers.
- Java script should be enabled on your browser.
- Do not use mobile or other gadgets for downloading e-admit card. Preferably use Windows OS on Desktop Machine.
- If you are having problem in downloading e-Admit card using suggested browsers then clear the cache and cookies of browser using browser setting. In case if you are still unable to download the e-Admit card then please try to download the admit card using other computer machine.
- If the candidate is blocked by the server in case of repetitive downloading contact UPSC.
Ques. What to do if I did not receive my Admit Card?
Ans. It is advisable to contact the concerned authority immidiately, in case you do not receive a week prior to the exam date. You can contact the UPSC Facilitation Counter at 011-23098543 / 23385271 / 23381125 / 23098591.
Ques. The session expired while I was downloading the admit card. What should I do?
Ans. The below window will appear if the session expires. Simple click on “E-Admit Card Home”.
Ques. My photograph in admit card is not clear. What should I do?
Ans. You need not worry. Simply carry any one photo ID proof that has a clear picture and that should suffice.