Union Public Service Commission or UPSC authorizes IES Exam Centers each year. For IES Prelims and Mains examination, the centers are released separately. For this year, Preliminary exam is scheduled for January 07, 2018.
Listed below are facts about IES 2018 Exam Centers:
- While filling in IES Application Form, candidates are required to choose any one exam center for ESE 2018.
- The total number of exam centers for IES Prelims is 42.
- Commission has rectified the venue for Delhi center candidates (Prelims).
- For IES Mains there are 24 centers in total.
- All candidates appearing for the test must not forget to carry their IES Admit Card.
- The conducting authority will not entertain any requests for change of exam centers.
IES 2018 Exam Center for Preliminary Test
- Exam Centers for IES are allocated on first-apply-first-allot basis.
- For Prelims Exam, there are a total of 42 venues where Engineering Services Examination or ESE will be conducted.
- For this year, UPSC has scheduled the exam for January 07, 2018.
- Candidates have the choice to choose the center as per their preference from 42 cities.
Tabulated below are the options for IES 2018:
Official Notification for Delhi Center candidates
|Centers for Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination|
|Center name||Center code||Center name||Center code||Center name||Center code|
IES 2018 Exam Centers for Mains Exam
- Candidates qualifying IES Prelims can then appear for Stage II i.e. Mains exam.
- UPSC has scheduled IES Mains for July 01, 2018.
- For this stage, the choice of centers is limited to 24 cites only.
- Candidates can choose the center of their choice from the table given below:
|Centres for Engineering Services (Main) Examination|
IES Exam Center Guidelines
Candidates must adhere to the below-mentioned guidelines by UPSC for smooth conduct of Indian Engineering Services examination.
- Reach Exam Center at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement of exam.
- Go through the sitting arrangement and note down your room number and other relevant information that will help you in locating your seat.
- Remember to carry ESE Admit Card with a valid Photo ID Proof at the examination center. Acceptable Photo ID Proofs are as follows:
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter Card
- It is important to listen and follow all the instructions given by invigilator in the examination hall.
- The examination centers and date of various stages of IES Exam are liable to change only at the legal orders of the Union Public Service Commission. In such cases, the UPSC holds the responsibility to inform the admitted candidates.
- Each examination center has a limited capacity to accommodate candidates. After attaining the maximum limit, there will be a ceiling on the number of applicants allotted to each of the examination centers.
- All the examination centers except Chennai, Dispur, Delhi, Nagpur, and Kolkata after attaining the maximum limit of candidates will be frozen.
- Generally, no request for change of center is granted to candidates. However, the UPSC reserves right to change the test centers in the most genuine cases. In such cases, candidate can file a request for the change of their examination giving full and proper justification as to why he/she wishes to change the examination centre. The request is to be addressed to the Secretary, Union Public Service Commission.
- All the registered candidates will be notified of the exam schedule and venue by UPSC.
IES 2018 Admit Card
- IES 2018 Admit Card is expected to release in January 2018.
- Candidates can download their admit card from www.upsc.gov.in.
- Credentials such as Registration Number and DOB and Password will be required to obtain IES Admit Card.
- The Admit Card for IES is a mandatory document to be presented at the exam centers. It must be supported by a valid photo id issued by Government of India.
- Candidates must check and verify all the details mentioned in IES Admit Card.
- Any error, mismatch or discrepancies should be immediately reported to the concerned authority.