KVPY 2018 is conducted in both online or offline mode. The exam is conducted for a total of 100 marks. KPVY 2018 is divided into 2 sections. The total time duration allocated to complete the KVPY 2018 scholarship exam is maximum 3 hours.
The provision for negative marking system is present in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) scholarship exam, based on which marks are reduced for each wrong answer attempted.
- In KVPY scholarship exam, for the PART I section, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer attempted.
- In the PART II section, 0.5 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer attempted.
KVPY 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights Table
Below table shows the important information regarding the KVPY 2018 exam pattern.
|Exam Mode||Online or Offline Test|
|Number of papers||1|
|Number of sections||2 (PART I and PART II)|
|Questions Type||Multiple choice questions|
|KVPY 2018 Total Marks||100|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
|Provision for Negative marking||Yes|
KVPY 2018 Exam pattern
All questions in KVPY 2018 are of the MCQ type (multiple choice questions) with 4 options for each question and the duration of the KVPY 2018 exam is 3 hours.
- For the Stream SA in KVPY 2018 exam, all are compulsory questions (Science & Maths).
- In the SB and SX streams, there are 4 sections in the Part I section (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) and there are 4 sections in Part II section (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics).
- In the SB and SX streams, aspirants are allowed to answer any 3 out of the 4 subjects in Part I and aspirants can answer any 2 out of the 4 subjects in Part II.
The below table lists all the subject list for the KVPY 2018 scholarship exam:
|TOTAL MARKS - 100|
KVPY 2018 Marking scheme
The below scheme is used for marking in the KVPY 2018 exam.
- The total marks for KVPY 2018 Exam is 100 marks.
- There is a provision for Negative marking in KVPY 2018 exam.
- In PART I section, 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- In PART I section, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- In PART II section, 2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- In PART II section, 0.5 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Each unanswered question will receive no marks.
KVPY 2018 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for KVPY 2018 will be based on the below 4 major science subjects:
No prescribed syllabus is there for KVPY 2018 written exam, only a subject-wise syllabus is provided by the Indian Institute of Science as follows:
- KVPY 2018 test syllabus will consist of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology (PCMB).
- The questions in KVPY 2018 exam will be formed from the basic concepts of PCMB, which includes the topics and chapters of the 10th to 12th class subject, science subject concepts from the Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Science degree.
KVPY 2018 Reference Books
The books which can be taken as a reference by candidates appearing for the KVPY 2018 are given below.
|Stream SA||KVPY (Stream-SA) 10 Years Unit Wise Old Examination Solved Paper (2007 to 2016)||Career Point Kota|
|Stream SX||KVPY (Stream-SX) 7 Years Unit-Wise Old Examination Solved Paper (2010 to 2016)||Career Point Kota|
|Stream SA||KVPY-COMPLETE PACK (SA Stream)||Resonance|
|Stream SX||KVPY COMPLETE PACK (SX Stream - MATHS)||Resonance|
KVPY 2018 Important Instructions
The following are the important instructions to be taken into account by the applicants regarding the KVPY 2018 exam pattern:
- The previous year questions are available in the official KVPY website’s homepage kvpy.iisc.ernet.in in PDF format and can be downloaded by the aspirants.
- The previous year question papers along with the answer keys are available from the year 2009 to till date, in order to provide the candidates appearing for the KVPY 2018 exam with a good idea of questions that will be asked in the fellowship exam.
- KVPY 2018 exam will be conducted as an online exam or written exam.
- All the questions asked in KVPY 2018 exam will be of the multiple-choice question (MCQ) type with 4 options for each question.
- There is a provision for negative marking in KVPY 2018 exam.
- Candidates must apply to the KVPY 2018 exam through online mode only.
- There is an option of attending the online exam in the Hindi language also.
- The maximum time allocated for the KVPY 2018 exam is only 3 hours and the candidates appearing for the KVPY exam should try to complete the exam within the allocated time.
- Any queries regarding the KVPY 2018 exam can be emailed to email@example.com, which will be answered by the KVPY 2018 exam conducting authorities of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).