The IISc, Bangalore has defined strict instructions and guidelines to be followed by KVPY aspirants on the exam day. Candidates failing to follow the same will be prohibited to take the exam.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national level examination for encouraging science students to take up research career in Science. For this year, the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has scheduled KVPY for November 5.
KVPY Dress Code
IISc has asked all the applicants to follow a decent dress code. Dress code is the dress decorum to be followed by all candidates appearing for the exam. No items can be hidden under the clothes.
Dress Code for Male Candidates
- Male candidates are advised to wear light coloured shirt/t-shirt half sleeves, buttons must be small.
- No traditional wear like kurta or pyjama is allowed.
Dress code for Female Candidates
- Female candidates are advised to wear light coloured, half/full sleeves kurtas or tops, with small buttons, no brooch, flowers, bangles, jewellery, etc.
- Women cannot wear any kind of jewellery except Mangal Sutra.
List of Barred Items in KVPY 2017
Candidates are not allowed to bring following list of items to their allotted exam centers:
- Any stationary item such as bits of papers, textual material (written or printed), Pencil Box/Geometry, Plastic Pouch, Pen, Calculator, Scale, Pen Drive, Writing Pad, Eraser, Log Table, Calculator, Scanner/Electronic Pen, etc.
- Any communication and electronic devices, for example, Bluetooth, Mobile Phone, Earphones, Pager, Microphone, Health Band, Watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, Bracelet, etc
- Items such as Goggles, Wallet, Handbags, Cap, Belt, etc. are also prohibited.
- Any ornaments such as Earrings, Ring, Nose-pin, Pendants, Chain/Necklace, Badge, Brooch etc.
- Any food either opened or closed.
- Any metallic item.
- Any other items that can be used for hiding Bluetooth device, camera etc.
In case any candidate is found in possession of any of the barred items inside the examination center, it will be considered as an unfair means and action will be taken against the candidate.
KVPY 2017 Exam Day Instructions
- Candidates are advised to reach the exam center much at least 1 hour before the exam time; candidates won't be allowed to enter the exam hall after 9.00 AM
- Candidates should carry KVPY Admit Card along with a valid Photo ID Proof.
- Acceptable Photo ID Proofs are School/ College ID; Passport; Aadhar Card etc.
- Details and photograph on Admit Card must match with particulars mentioned on the application form.
- Do not carry anything to the exam hall except Admit card, Photo ID and photographs.
- Pen or Pencil will be provided to candidates at examination hall.
- If a candidate is found practicing any unfair means during the exam duration, it will result in cancellation of candidature.
- Read the instructions carefully about how to answer questions, use of “mark for review”, moving to next question, shuffling between sections and questions. The instructions in KVPY exam will be the same like in KVPY mock test. Reading them each time before attempting a test makes you aware of everything well in advance.
- It a candidate is not sure about the answer, they will have an option to mark it for review. At any point of time they can come back to it and finally decide the answer.
- No eatables or liquids are allowed in the exam hall, drinking water facility will be available at the exam center.
- Candidates can bring water bottles to the center provided it is transparent.
- Candidates are advised to check their pockets for any piece of paper if found later he/she will be disqualified.
- No electronic items are allowed in the exam hall.
- A virtual calculated will be provided at the exam venue only.
- Due to any technical issues, if the examination is not started at the designated time, candidates must follow the instructions given by the invigilators present.
- Candidates will have to sit in the exam hall for complete exam hours, even if the exam is over or completed from your side.