Gujarat PG 2017 Medical admission would be provided on the basis of NEET PG Score. Gujarat University is coordinating authority for managing admission on the basis of NEET PG All India Merit List and State Merit List. NBE (National Board of Examinations) will provide all the data and state merit list to state medical education directories.
NEET PG 2017 was conducted from December 5 to 13, 2017 in online mode. The exam is conducted in online mode. Candidates would be shortlisted for counselling on the basis of their NEET PG score and rank. Seats are reserved as per the norms and regulations of Government of India policy.
All the candidates are required to submit the NEET PG 2017 mark sheet after the declaration of merit list. Gujarat University will release merit list for all the shortlisted candidates. The deadline for Gujrat PG 2017 Medical Admission is April 22.
Gujarat PG Medical 2017 Admission Important Dates
The detailed schedule for Gujarat PG 2017 Medical Admission on the basis of NEET PG is mentioned below. The merit list for NEET PG 2017 is expected to be announced on the basis of February 28, 2017. The seat allotment would start in the month of April – 2017.
|Availability of Online application forms||October 25, 2016|
|Availability of Online Payment Gateway||November 23, 2016|
|Last date for submission of Online application form||November 25, 2016|
|Examination date of NEET PG 2017||December 5 to 13, 2016|
|Result declaration of NEET PG 2017||January 13, 2017|
|Last Date to Submit NEET PG 2017 Mark sheet||January 30, 2017|
|Announcement of Merit List||February 28, 2017|
|Date of filling & locking of first round of admission||April 4, 2017 to April 10, 2017|
|Allotment first round||April 15, 2017|
|Last date to join Allotted college & course||April 22, 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for Gujarat PG 2017 Medical Admission
Candidates are advised to go through the following eligibility criteria before they apply for Gujrat PG 2017 Admission:
- Candidates must have completed MBBS course or equivalent from a recognised university in Gujarat state.
- They should also complete 1 year of rotating internship on or before March 31, 2017.
- General category candidate must score minimum 50% of marks in NEET PG 2017.
- Reserved category must obtain minimum 40% of marks in NEET PG 2017.
- Disability candidates must secure minimum 45% of marks.
Other Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be an Indian Citizen and also medically fit.
- Selected applicants have to obtain permanent registration with Medical Council of India or Gujarat medical council within one month from the date of admission.
- Employed candidates must submit No Objection Certificate for admission to the PG course.
- All the candidates pursuing PG Medical studies from Gujarat University or any other university are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have applied earlier and disqualified because of any reason are not eligible to apply
- They need to submit provisional eligibility certificate who is graduate other than Gujarat University within one month from date of admission. University reserves the final right to cancel candidates’ admission without any notice.
Gujarat PG 2017 Medical Admission Reservation
The reservation for Gujrat PG 2017 Medical Admission is based on the norms provided by Government of India. Candidates can check below the reservation of seats for various categories.
Some important points for seat reservation in Gujarat PG 2017 Admissions are discussed below.
- 50% of the available seats in all categories (SC, ST, SEBC and Open) in PG Diploma Medical courses for Medical officers in Government of Gujarat services, who have served minimum 3 years in remote and difficult areas and are eligible as per Gujarat University PG Admission rules.
- The reservation under SC, ST and SEBC categories are meant only for candidates belonging to state of Gujarat and not for candidates who have migrated to others states.
- A 100 point roster as per of Government of Gujarat’s rule will be created for allocation of seats to SC, ST, SEBC, Open and PH candidates which will be maintained by the respective college/institute.
- In case seats remain vacant because of non-availability of candidates in specific category after the preparation of merit list for specific category then those seats will be treated as unreserved seats and will be offered to candidates from Open Merit.
- Candidates applying under reserved category must submit the caste certificate issued by competent authority as prescribed by Government of Gujarat and submit along with application.
Gujrat PG 2017 Medical Application Process
Candidates have to visit the official website, www.pgmedadmgu.com, to apply for Gujarat PG Medical Admission 2017. The online registration for PG courses starts from October 25, 2016. The last date to complete the entire admission process will be May 31. Candidates need to look the following procedure to fill online application form:
Steps to fill application form
- Candidates must click on the link of the application form and enter their basic information such as Name, DOB, NEET Registration number, Address, Phone number, Email ID and Password.
- Click on submit and next button.
- After submitting personal details candidates will receive Login ID and Password.
- Next, candidate has to pay the application fees of amount INR 1000/- through online mode only such as net banking or Debit/ Credit card.
- After that candidates need to fill their educational details of MBBS examination
- The registration receipt will be issued to candidates after submitting the application form
- After that candidate needs to upload the following self-attested copy of documents along with recent passport size photograph and signature.
- If information given by candidate is found to be incorrect then his/her admission and registration will be cancelled.
- During online admission process, if candidate cleared first round but did not join the allotted college within the prescribed time limit then he/she will also not be eligible.
Gujarat PG 2017 Medical Admission Selection Procedure
Gujarat University will release the list of shortlist candidates on the basis of NEET PG score and candidates’ application. The final selection procedure is comprises 2 steps, i.e., counselling and document verification. Following is the explanation of both the steps:
- Conselling for Gujarat PG admission is conducted by Gujarat University. Candidates are advised to appear for the counselling on time and at a particular venue.
- First round counselling is scheduled on April 15, 2017. Candidates seat will be allocated on the basis of their NEET PG 2017 scores.
- Candidates who done with counselling and selected in particular course in specified branch cannot change their selection afterwards
- If any candidate found ineligible then his/her counselling will not be held and next candidate will be called.
- On the basis of NEET PG 2017 rank separate merit list will be prepared for each status or category by competent authority.
- If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance examination then their merit will be determined according to their age and older candidates will get preference over younger.
- Merit list will be published on the university notice board or its website 5 days prior to the date of counselling
- Candidates with any objection in the merit list should submit in writing to admission committee within 72 hours of merit list publication.
Candidates are advised to bring their original documents at the time of counselling for verification. If the candidates are unable to appear at the time of counselling then they have to send their representative along with authority letter, original documents, Gujarat University fee receipt and fees to be paid.
All the candidates are required to submit the following enclosures at the time of counselling.
- Proof of date of birth (Birth certificate/ School leaving certificate/ passport).
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Non-creamy layer certificate as prescribed by the government of Gujarat.
- Verification of caste
- Attempt certificate
- MBBS mark sheets of all years
- No objection certificate issued by authority of employed candidates
- Registration certificate with medical council of India.
- NEET PG 2017 Admit card
- NEET PG 2017 mark sheet uploaded after January 15, 2017.
- Rank letter
- MBBS Degree certificate
- Certificate of Internship completion
- Provisional Eligibility certificate for student from outside Gujarat University.
- No objection certificate
- Fees Receipt of Gujarat University.
- Fee deposit receipt of college or university.
- GMC registration within one month of admission
- Certificate of Medical fitness