NEET PG 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate 2017) is a single entrance cum examination for admissions to MD/MS and PG courses in Medical Sciences for the year 2017, conducted by Medical Counselling Committee. The exam was conducted from December 5, 2016 to December 13, 2016. NEET PG 2017 has declared the results on January 15, 2017 and 31,330 participants are eligible to sit for the counselling. The counselling procedure will start from March 14, 2017.
NEET PG 2017 Counselling Dates
Eligibility: Candidates will be eligible to sit for the NEET PG counselling only if he has secured a minimum of 50 percentile and has a name in the merit list in the examination.
The counselling dates for NEET PG has been declared by the Medical Counselling Committee. Below are the dates for the complete counselling process for the PG/MD/MS course:
|Counselling Event||Start Date||End date|
- Choice Filling & Locking (Round 1)
|March 14, 2017||March 20, 2017|
- Round 1 Seat Allotment
|March 21, 2017||March 22, 2017|
- Results of Round 1 Allotment
|March 23, 2017|| |
- Reporting at the Allotted Institute
|March 24, 2017||April 3, 2017|
- Choice Filling & Locking (Round 2)
|April 21, 2017||April 23, 2017|
- Round 2 Seat Allotment
|April 24, 2017||April 25, 2017|
- Results of Round 2 Allotment
|April 26, 2017|| |
- Reporting at the Allotted Institute
|April 27, 2017||May 9, 2017|
- Transfer of Vacant Seats to State Quota
|May 9, 2017 (after 5:00 PM)|| |
NEET PG Counselling Procedure
The following steps are to be followed by the candidates for NEET PG 2017 counselling:
Step 1: Registration
- The candidates need to register themselves for online registration by logging into the site http://mcc.nic.in between March 14, 2017- March 19, 2017. Only registered candidates will be eligible to fill choices and lock.
- Click on the PG Medical Counselling button. Go for candidate login option thereafter.
- For new registration, click on the apply button. Already registered candidates can check and edit their form by signing in.
- Now enter the Roll number/ Testing ID, Application number/Confirmation number, candidate name, mother’s name and date of birth same as the NEET PG admit card.
- After clicking the submit button, proceed with the verification process by entering the password and security question.
- Click ‘final submit for registration’ and with this the login credential of the candidate will be generated. You can proceed with the further registration process.
Step 2: Verification
- The candidates need to login and update their mailing address, pin code and contact detail. After this is submitted, one cannot change their credentials.
Step 3: Choice Filling and Locking
- Click on ‘Choice Available’ and a list of preferences will be displayed which the candidate needs to select according to his/her choice. The choices will be save to the right side of the screen.
- Candidates have the choice to interchange and rearrange.
- Once the choices are locked, it cannot be changed. If the choices are not locked, the last edited list will be saved automatically after 5:00 pm, March 20.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the locked choices.
NEET PG 2017 Counselling For PG Students
The following are important points to be remembered while filling the NEET PG 2017 form:
- All India 50% Quota Seats: 50% of the total seats available for Government Institutes for Medical and Dental courses are reserved under All India Quota (all except Andhra Pradesh, J&K and Telangana).
- State Quota Seats: 50% of the available seats fall under the State Quota Category. The concerned State/ University/ Authority conducts the counselling with accordance to their rules and criteria.
- Admission To Private Medical Institutes: Counselling for admission to private Medical Colleges or Dental Institutes are done by the concerned authority keeping in mind the admission criteria.
- Admission To Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Counselling for admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions shall be conducted by the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), using NEET-PG scores and as per their eligibility criteria, applicable Regulations & guidelines.
- Admission To Dnb Broad Specialty Courses (Session Jan 2017): Admission to DNB Courses shall be conducted by NBE on the basis of merit.
NEET PG 2017 Seat Allotment
- Candidates need to register themselves and then proceed to the process of choice filling.
- After the successful registration and filling the choices, a provisional seat will be allotted to the candidate.
- It is to be noted that the seat allocated is temporary indicating the probable seat a candidate can get. In case, the candidate did not get any seat it shows that no seat is available at the level of their rank and they need to make changes in the list of their choices.
- The allotment letter will be issued after the final seat is allotted to the candidates.
- Candidates need to report at the allotted institute along with allotment letter and other necessary documents.
- Also, if the candidates do not report at the institute on the notified date, their seat will stand cancelled and will not be allowed to sit for the second round of seat allotment.
Documents To Be Provided During Seat Allotment
- Admit card of NEET PG 2017
- Result/ Rank printout of NEET PG 2017
- Mark Sheets of MBBS / BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examinations.
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate from the Head of Institution or College that will be completed by the student by March 31 of the year of admission.
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or DCI/State Medical or Dental Council.
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate or Birth Certificate.
- Voter ID/ Aadhar Card/ PAN card/ License Card as ID Proof.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate of the required format (if applicable)
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Physically Handicapped (PH) Certificate issued from an authorized Medical Institute.