The National Board of Examinations has given clear guidelines for scanning and uploading of candidate’s photo and signature in the application form. Failing to follow the same will result in rejection of the online form. The last date to register online is November 22 at nbe.edu.in. Apply Now!
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate (NEET-PG) is an annual, national level entrance examination for admission into MD/MS or equivalent Postgraduate programs in Medicine. This year, NBE has scheduled NEET PG 2020 for January 6 in computer-based mode.Check NEET PG Exam Pattern
At the time of application for NEET PG 2020, applicants will be required to scan and upload their recent passport size photograph and specimen signature along with the application form as per the guidelines defined by NBE in its information bulletin. Read on to know more about the same.
NEET PG Photo Specification
The Photograph for NEET PG application should be:
- of passport-size, and not older than 6 months.
- devoid of any border and the facial features and should be clearly visible.
- recently clicked, having the name of candidate and date of capturing the photograph should be imprinted at the bottom of the photo.
- a color one with white background only and at least 75% coverage of the face and head of the candidate.
- of 3.5*4.5 cm (width*height) in dimension and the file size not more than 80 KB.
- printed on a high-quality paper with a resolution of at least 600 dpi.
Note: The photograph can be clicked through a digital camera or webcam or even a scanned image of a physical photo.
NEET PG Signature Specifications
The applicant’s specimen signature for NEET PG application should be:
- in a running handwriting, preferably with a black/blue fountain pen.
- in a white background with dimensions not exceeding 6*3 cm (width*height) while the file size of the scanned image should be less than or equal to 80 KB.
- at the center of the box (6*3 cm) and only the box containing the signature should be scanned for uploading.
Do’s and Don’ts for NEET PG - Photo and Signature
- The photograph should be clicked looking straight into the camera with a neutral expression.
- Ensure that the photograph does not have any reflection/shadow or red eyes.
- There should not be any scratches or stains on the photograph.
- The file size for both photographs as well as specimen signature should not exceed 80 kb.
- You can check the image size by right-clicking and selecting the Properties tab.
- The signatures containing only initials or in CAPITAL LETTERS or ones that are overwritten are not acceptable.
- The specimen Signature should be of the applicant only and not of any other person.
Scanning the Photograph & Signature for NEET PG
- Draw a box of dimensions 3.5*4.5 cm (width*height) on plain white paper and paste the photo in the box.
- Likewise, draw a box of dimensions 6*3 cm (width*height) and sign right at the center
- Crop the images till the border of the boxes with the photograph/signature.
- Scan the image after making the requisite adjustments in size and resolution.
- In case the size of the image exceeds 80 KB, then you can adjust the same by setting the resolution of the scanner at 200 dpi and image quality at low.
- Save the image as .jpg/.jpeg.