IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducts Clerk-VI Common Written Exam for recruitment in Clerical Cadre every year. Candidates having a graduation degree can give this exam. It is the most awaited exam for Banking Sector every year. IBPS Clerk exam is treated as second renounced exam of Banking Sector after MT/PO Exams. The level of competition in Banking Sector is very high. So, a focused & planned preparation for IBPS Clerk exam becomes very necessary. In this article, we are going to discuss how and what to prepare for IBPS Clerk exam, what topics are to be focused more, which topics should be given less time?
IBPS Clerk Main 2016 Quantitative Aptitude Exam Pattern
IBPS CWE is an online objective type paper which covers five subjects namely: Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude Test, General Awareness Test & Computer Knowledge. Quantitative Aptitude section has 40 questions. A candidate will be rewarded 1 mark for every correct answer. 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
A total of 40 questions will be asked from Quantitative Aptitude Exam Pattern as given in the table below:
|Name of the Topic||Marks|
|Arithmetic (Profit Loss, Time & work, Percentage, Age, etc.)||20|
The expected time taken by a candidate in solving the quant section is given below: -
|Your level in Quant||Duration||Questions Attempted|
IBPS Clerk 2016 Quantitative Aptitude Section Syllabus
Aspirants should check details of Syllabus for IBPS Clerk 2016 Quantitative Aptitude Section. The participants are required to be qualified in each section with minimum passing marks to be shortlisted for interview. The IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus is given below: -
- Arithmetic Topics
- Problems on Ages
- Percentage, Averages
- Simple Interest/ Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio & Proportions
- Mixture and allegations
- Time and Work
- Time Speed and Distance
- Date Interpretation
- Number systems
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Sufficiency
- Sequence and Series
Check complete IBPS Clerk Syllabus
IBPS Clerk 2016 Quantitative Aptitude Section Preparation Tips
A candidate should follow the given tips and tricks for IBPS 2016 exam to quickly prepare for it online. And by the help of these tips, you can also easily prepare for IBPS exam at home.
- Prepare with proper planning – First of all, you should make a plan for your studies. Better understanding about your IBPS exam syllabus is very important. Then you should find in which section you are weak and pay more attention. Then prepare a study schedule.
- Keep Yourself Updated– You should keep yourself updated by reading newspaper, magazines regularly and also stay in touch with current affairs, daily events and activities especially from banking and finance industry. This is the master key for preparing the exam online.
- Topic Wise Study is Important– Students must concentrate on a single topic at a time. Do not just turn from one to another and pay serious attention to each and every topic. Practice more questions because practice will make you near to perfect.
- Accurate Time Management – A candidate should practice more and more to be able to solve all questions in good timing. Practice as much as you can and don't waste time in just thinking about the exam. Solve the previous year questions papers and more practice can easily save your time in the exam.
- Solving and giving Mock tests – You must try yourself the online mock test. Along with properly completing your IBPS Exam Syllabus, you should try some mock tests to judge yourself in the exam with proper time duration. The solving mock test helps you to have an idea of the paper.
- Revision is must – Revise of all your syllabus topics is must before few days and focuses more on the weak section at that time.
- Proper Diet and Less Tension– This is the last minute and most important tip for the IBPS Exam. Students need to calm down and be patient during preparation time. You should take your love, friendship and family problems away from your mind for few days. Feel free, relaxed and keep a perfect strategy. Avoid eating junk foods as they turn you lazier, drink lots of water and get enough sleep.
IBPS Clerk Mains 2017 Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Books
Books are very important when it comes to preparation of any competitive exam. Some of the important books for preparation of IBPS Clerk Mains 2017 Quantitative Aptitude are as follows:
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths by M.Tyra
- Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude Books by R S Aggarwal