Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) a Navaratna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under government of India is hiring engineers on contract basis for its Panchkula (Haryana) unit. There are a total of 30 vacancies (General-15, OBC-8, SC-5, ST-2) to be filled through walk-in-test and interview process. The selection process would begin in the month of March 2018. It is a direct recruitment process an would involve two stages of evaluation and screening. The first stage would be a written exam followed by an interview process. BEL Selection Process would be aimed at assessing the conceptual clarity of the candidates in the given specialization of engineering.
- Candidates qualifying written examination would be called for the interview process.
- Candidates would be hired on contract basis for a period of one year starting from the date of joining.
- Hiring would be done on post qualification of written test, interview and medical tests by the candidate.
- Candidates must ensure before applying that they fulfill the desired BEL Eligibility Criteria as per official notification.
- Candidates would be assigned work in the engineering department of the PSU and would be performing tasks as per their specialization in the field of engineering.
- Candidates would be made to apply their technical knowledge of engineering and science in day to day working at the PSU site for which they would be provided adequate training.
BEL Recruitment Exam Dates
Candidates who are interested in applying for the post must note the important dates related to BEL Recruitment 2018. For your reference, we have tabled the important dates below.
|Start of Registering for the walk-in test||February 22, 2018|
|Last date for registering||March 2, 2018|
|Date of written exam||March 4, 2018|
|Admit card available||No admit card would be issued|
|Exam venue||Sanskriti Government Model Senior Secondary School Sector 20, Panchkula|
|Interview round||April-May 2018|
Candidates must note that the date of interview and medical examination along with written test date are tentative in nature and are subject to change. BEL reserves all rights to change the date of recruitment process by issuing a notification on its website. Hence, candidates are requested to visit the website of BEL on regular basis.
BEL Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for the drive must ensure eligibility for the same. The details regarding eligibility criteria are mentioned below for your reference.
- Candidate must not be more than 25 years of age as on 01.02.2018.
- In case of OBC candidates, the maximum age criteria as of 01.02.2018 is 28 years.
- For SC/ST candidates the upper age limit as on 01.02.2018 is 30 Years.
- The official notification doses do not mention about minimum age of eligibility for the post of engineer on the contract basis.
Candidate must be an Indian national.
Qualification and Discipline
- Candidate must have done B.E/B.Tech/AMIE/GIETE from a recognized University in Electronics/Electronics and Communication/Electronics and Telecommunication/Telecommunication branch.
- Candidate must have received the degree in above specialization in first class (Pass class for SC/ST/PWD).
- Candidates who are in final year of their graduation are not eligible for applying for the post.
- Only candidates having done their B.E/B.Tech/AMIE/GIETE in above-mentioned specialization would be seen eligible for application.
- There is no work experience related requirement for the post as per the official notification published on the website of BEL.
Pay Scale Structure
The salary for the post of engineer on contract basis is pegged at INR 23,000 per month inclusive of all allowances as per the official notification. That is selected candidates would be paid INR 23,000 per month as a remuneration for their work for the period of the contract.
Apart from the salary mentioned above candidates would not be entitled to other benefits that are available to full-time employees of BEL. Since it is a contractual employment for the post the number of perks associated with it are less as compared to a regular job with BEL.
How to apply for the recruitment process?
In order to make an application for the recruitment drive of BEL, candidates are required to fill in the detailed form available on the website.
- Candidates should visit the official website of BEL- bel-india.com
- Click on recruitment advertisement.
- A Pdf notification for Recruitment of 30 Contract Engineers on Panchkula Unit would be there.
- Click on the notification and download the Pdf.
- The Pdf would contain a link
- Candidates are required to visit this link and fill in the necessary details asked.
- After filling the required details click on submit.
- The information would be seen recorded in the database of BEL.
- Candidates would also be able to download there filled in the form which they are required to bring along with other documents on the day of the exam.
- Candidates who have done registration on the above link would be listed on the List of appearing candidates and would be cross-verified on the day of the exam at exam venue. That is those whose name is there in the list would be allowed to take part in the written test.
Candidates should note that there is no application fee to be paid for making an application for recruitment to the post. Candidates are just required to register themselves on the link provided in the official notification. Also, it should be noted that no hard copy of the document is required to be sent to the office of BEL. Only online registration is to be done.
Candidates are required to bring a set of self-attested photocopies of following documents along with the filled in particulars form while coming for the written test.
- SSLC Marks Card
- Engineering Degree certificate or provisional and detailed mark sheets of all semesters.
- Caste/disability certificate if applicable.
- Three recent passport size photographs.
- Any other relevant certificate(s).
Candidates must not forget to carry a blue/black ballpoint pen on the day of written examination. Candidates would be required to appear in an objective type test for which they would be requiring a blue/black ball point pen to darken the circles on the OMR sheet.
BEL Selection Process
Candidates would be selected for the post based on their performance in the two-tier selection process along with the fulfilling of the prescribed the medical standards.
- As a part of the first round of selection, candidates would be required to appear for the written examination on the venue and time mentioned in the official notification.
- The examination would be of objective nature with questions asked from the respective specialization of engineering for which candidate has made an application.
- Candidates qualifying written exam would be called for interview round.
- The interview would be the second and final round of screening for the job.
- Candidates qualifying the interview would be called for the medical test.
- Subject to their qualification of medical test they would be enrolled on contract for the post.
- BEL reserves all rights to debar candidate during any stage of the selection process in case they are seen non-fulfilling any of the criteria.
Things not allowed in the exam venue
The official notification on the website of BEL mentions certain things that are prohibited from being carried by a candidate to the exam hall. Hence, candidates should make sure that they are not in possession of these things at the time of writing the exam. For your reference, we have mentioned the list of prohibited items below.
- Electronics Gadgets
- Programmable devices
- Digital watch
- Any piece of paper
- Things other than general stationery necessary for attempting the exam.
Candidates are advised to follow the following instructions on the day of exam and week prior to the same.
- Candidates would be required to carry certain documents on the day of exam hence they must ensure that they have sufficient photocopies of the same.
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully that are printed behind the OMR sheet.
- Candidates are required to pay attention while darkening the bubbles in the OMR sheet.
- Try to make yourself calm and composed and avoid getting into panic mode even if don’t know the answer to some of the questions. Hold on and move forward.
- Visit the exam center before the exam day to get an idea of the time taken and shortest route to the exam venue from your location.
- In case the exam venue is far away from your current location then you should make some arrangements near the exam center beforehand to avoid last hour rush.
- Carry necessary items like eatables and drinking water along with you so, as to avoid starvation or dehydration during the examination process.