Staff Selection Commission posted a notice intimating all the qualified candidates of CHSL LDC/DEO, Postal Assistants/ Sorting Assistants and Court Clerks 2015 about the Option form for Preference of Department /Office. SSC looks to recruit for a total of 5,134 vacancies in these four posts.
SSC has given a very clear vision for Post preference, according to which, candidates just need to fill out the Name and Roll number in first. Then, there are codes of the respective departments.
CHSL Form Description
In this form, SSC CHSL Exam candidates can easily look out that all CHSL Posts like:
- LDC (Lower Divisional Clerk) are assigned to various Ministries and Departments of Central Government and conduct routine tasks. Grade Pay INR 1900.
- Postal Assistant or Sorting Assistant are clerical level positions in mainly the Postal Department of the Indian Government. In Postal Department, there are various cadres which employ Postal / Sorting Assistants. Grade Pay INR 2400.
- DEO (Data Entry Operator), working at any offices under the ministries or departments of the government of India, is required to perform the data processing operations in computers on daily basis. DEO has to update all the important data in the computer and synchronize it with the company’s profile. Grade Pay INR 2400.
And can fill the Department code for the Post of CHSL Exam.
According to the Sample form it is also clear that the small boxes are also present there below each category.
- These small boxes are for filling up the Code of Post.
- The code can be fill out for each post according to Preference.
- On the basis of this form, merit list of candidate will be selected for post.
- This means Posts Preference will have major role in allotment of Department & Offices.
Also Check SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
CHSL Important factors for Post Preference
If you are eligible to apply, then one of the important decisions you need to make is the post preference order. This preference should be made in the order of your liking for a particular post and hence career path. This liking can be based on several factors illustrated below:
- Place of Work: Though you can be placed in any part of the country through any of these posts, the probability of staying in a bigger town is higher in some roles.
- SSC CHSL Salary: The Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant has the highest starting salary. Though there is not much difference in the starting salaries. The career progression is also similar in terms of salary.
- Proficiency in Typing: You should be aware of your language preference during typing, as there are two different typing tests based on the post. So, if you are not comfortable typing in English, then you should rank the DEO positions lower.
- Area of Work: If you would like to work in the offices of a Ministry of the Government of India, you should prefer the Data Entry Operator (code D) position. All these posts represent different kind of work and also different departments or streams of career.
- Personal preference: Prior knowledge about the particular post helps you in choosing your part of preference. So, your strong liking or dislike matters in this case.
- Chances of Qualification: Chances of selection depends upon number of vacancies for a particular post. However, all other things being constant, we would recommend to have the post with lower number of vacancies over those with a higher number.
Check SSC CHSL Syllabus