SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level) tier was over. The final exam for tier 1 was conducted on the 26th March 2018. The Results are expected to be declared in May 2018. The expected cutoff is 127 marks for general category.
- The SSC CHSL 2018 tier-1 exams conducted until now have been of easy to moderate level.
- Most of the questions asked in the exam were based on DI, SI, CI, Geometry, Number System and Trigonometry.
- Evaluation of the paper suggested that most questions were formula based. Check SSC CHSL 2016 Cut off
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 28
- Who inaugerated Pencil Portal?
- Who is the Prime Minister of Nepal?
- In which year was the paper currency started in India?
- Synonym – Quaint
- Synonym – Captivate
- Synonym – Exquisite
Quantitative Aptitude and General Intelligence
- In a race, Ashok gave Bharat a headstart of 400 m. If the ratio of their speeds is 5:3 and both reach the finishing point simultaneously, what is the length of the race?
- A train starts at 8:45 am with the speed of 45 kmph. It has to cover a distance 720 km. The train rests for 45 min. Find reaching time.
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 24
- What is the maximum pension limit of Atal Pension Yojna?
- When was FCI established?
- When did Pakistan become fully republic?
- Idiom- ‘Pulling leg of someone’
- Idiom – ‘Fire an imagination’
Quantitative Aptitude and General Intelligence
- The speed of a boat along and against the current are 14 km/hr and 8 km/hr respectively. What is the speed of current?
- The ratio of sides of a triangle is 9: 6: 4. Which type of triangle is it?
- Two adjacent sides of a parallelogram are 21 cm and 20 cm. The diagonal joining the endpoints of these two sides is 29 cm. Find the area of the parallelogram.
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 23
- What is the outermost layer of earth?
- The new Prime Minister of Nepal belongs to which party?
- Folk dance Bihu is associated with which state?
- Spelling correction – ‘flounder’
- Synonym – ‘contrite’
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 22
- Who built the Charminar?
- MTD drug is used for which disease?
- One word substitution: One who is unable to pay debts
- One word substitution: A roundabout way of speaking
- One word substitution: An order requiring the person to attend a court
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 21
- Who built the red fort?
- Nari online portal was inaugurated by whom?
- Which is the Ballistic Missile of North Korea?
- Antonym – ‘mollify’
- Spelling correction – ‘scintillators’.
- Spelling correction – ‘exaggerate’
- Idiom: Go to hell in a handbasket.
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 20
- Who has the power to take decision on Monetary Bill at the time of Financial Emergency?
- What is the national tree of Bhutan?
- Who is the winner of Mother Terresa Peace Award for social justice?
- Idiom: Keep at bay
- Spelling correction of – ‘committing’
- Spelling correction of – ‘perceive‘
- An object was sold at a loss of 23%. What is the ratio of cost price to selling price?
- In triangle PQR, angle Q is 90 o, cot R = 8/15, PQ = 16, PR = ?
- The sum of two numbers is 80 and their difference is 8. Find the ratio of the numbers.
- 14 : 17 :: 16 : ?
- n + n/2 + n/4 + n/8 = 45. Find n.
- Find the odd one out from, 10 – 101, 7 – 49, 8 – 64, 9 – 81.
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 18
- Who had established East India Association?
- Who is the first Indian Footballer having played for the foreign team?
- Which Set of Chromosomes is found in Male?
- Synonym of ‘INSOLENT’
- Spelling correction ‘Tranquility’
- Sentence correction: Could she cite (A)/ any precedent in support (B)/ for her case? (C)/ No Error (D)
- When a shopkeeper gives a discount of 4% on marked price, his profit percent becomes 20%. Find his original profit percent?
- To go from place A to B, a boat takes 40% more time than returning from B to A. Speed of boat is how much percent more than speed of current?
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 17
- The cost price of 8 dozen apples was Rs. 800. If they are sold by the selling price of Rs. 1000, what will be the percent profit?
- One question was asked about Ohm’s law. The value of voltage and current was given. You had to find the resistance.
- Who was the founder of Vikramshila University?
- What is the minimum age to join Lok Sabha?
- Where is the biggest air purifier tower located?
- Spelling correction of Acquaintance
- Synonym of Officious
- Antonym of Wholesome
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 16
- A person sold 930 gm of an item instead of 1000 gm. What percentage of profit he get if he sells 15 kg?
- Find the value of sin 30 + 1/3
- In a rectangle, the value of perimeter & breadth was given, you have to find the length of the diagonal?
- ______ is made up of smoke & fog.
- Myanmar is in which part of Asia?
- 1 Qs related to revised salary of CJI.
- Idiom – “A red rag to a bull”, “Easier said than done”
- Synonym – “Perpetuate”
- Antonym – “Deferential”, “Punctilious”
SSC CHSL 2018 March 15 Paper Analysis
- The level of difficulty of English section was moderate.most of the question were asked from Cloze Test(5 Qs) and Synonym-Antonym (4 Qs)
- General Awareness section was of moderate level.mostly questions were from Current Affairs(10 Qs) and Miscellaneous(10 Qs).
- The level of difficulty of Quantitative section was moderate. most of the question were asked from Data Interpretation(5 Qs) and Geometry(3 Qs)
- General Intelligence section was of easy level. Most of the question were from Coding and Decoding(4 Qs) and Analogy(3 Qs)
SSC CHSL Questions Asked March 14
In Quantitative Aptitude there were 25 questions in total. The level of difficulty of Quantitative section was moderate. most of the question were asked from Data Interpretation(5 Qs) and Geometry(3 Qs)
- If tanθ = a / b, then find the value of a sinθ + b cosθ / a sinθ – b cosθ = ?
- Find the value of sin221° + sin269° =?
- If sin2θ = 1 /2 Then cos ( 75° – θ) = ?
In General Awareness there were 25 questions in total. this section was of moderate level.mostly questions were from Current Affairs(3 Qs) and Polity(4 Qs).
- What is the National language of Bhutan?
- Zaheer Khan played for which IPL team?
- Which gas is liberated when ethanol reacts with sodium?
In English there were 25 questions in total. The level of difficulty of English section was moderate.most of the question were asked from Cloze Test(5 Qs) and Synonym-Antonym(4 Qs).
- Synonym of ‘bridle’
- Synonym of ‘turbulence’
- Idiom: All in day’s work
SSC CHSL 2018 Question Paper
The SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 paper that was usually held for a duration of 75 minutes will be now held for a duration of 60 minutes. People who are visually impaired or need some sort of physical assistance to answer their paper will be given additional 20 minutes i.e. total 80 minutes.
- Students will now get 15 minutes for every section.Check SSC CHSL Syllabus
- The paper will be in online mode.
- The question paper comprises of four sections.
- Each section asked is of 50 marks.
- Only students who clear the tier-1 paper will be eligible for tier-2 paper.
- The tier-2 paper will be held in offline mode.
- SSC CHSL Tier-2 exam will also be of 60 minutes duration with additional 20 minutes for students with special needs or visually impaired.
- A student will be required to score 33% and above in tier-2 exam to pass the exams.
SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 Paper Pattern
|Section||Subjects||No.of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-2 Paper Pattern
How to download SSC CHSL 2018 Answer Key 2018
Students can access and download the SSC CHSL 2018 Answer Key after the SSC CHSL 2017-2018 results have been announced. The answer key is available for the reference of the candidates on the official SSC website. Candidates can access the answer key by following these steps,
- Candidate must first visit the official SSC website i.e. //ssc.nic.in/
- Candidates must now click on the Answer key tab present on the landing page.
- Candidates will then be redirected to a new page that will display a list of all the exams held.
- A student must select the tentative answer key for Tier 1-2018.
- The answer key will be displayed which can be download.
- Students are advised to download a copy of the answer key for future reference.Check SSC CHSL Result
SSC CHSL 2018 Results
- The results for SSC CHSL 2017-2018 will be released in the month of May.
- The result for SSC CHSL 2017-2018 Tier-2 exams will be released in the month of July-2018.
- The final dates of the results are yet to be announced on the official website.
SSC CHSL 2018 Cut Off
SSC CHSL 2018 has reduced its exam duration, the analysis also showed that the papers were lengthier but weren’t too difficult. The Cut off for the year 2016 gives some insights into the scores that were taken into consideration.
- It is expected that SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-1 Cut off will be higher than the previous year.
- The difficulty level of the paper wasn’t too high which allows the officials to set the cut-offs higher this year.
- There has also been a rise in the number of applicants who appeared for the SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 exams.
- There has been a significant drop in the number of vacancies since the previous year. In the year 2016, there were 6500+ vacancies whereas in the year 2017 there are hardly 3000+ vacancies.
The Expected SSC CHSL 2018 cut-off list
|Category||Official SSC CHSL Cut off Marks|
SSC CHSL Previous Year Cut Off
SSC CHSL 2017 Cutoff
|Category||Cutoff marks (LDC/DEO)|
SSC CHSL 2016 Cutoff