SSC JE January 29, 2018, the last session paper took place. Here, we are providing you an overall analysis to know the level of difficulty of exam, weightage of exam topics, predicted exam pattern and overall section wise good attempt. Candidates who manage to obtain the minimum SSC JE Cut off score are only eligible to participate in SSC JE 2018 Selection Procedure.
- A common trend observed in SSC JE 2018 over the years is that the difficulty level was average.
- Most aspirants who have taken the test claimed that the General Intelligence & Reasoning section was tougher than the other sections. Check SSC JE Paper Analysis
- More questions were asked from topics like Analogy, Decision Making, Odd One out and Arithmetical Number Series.
- The questions included a broad range of current affairs including books, sports and people.
- General Engineering Section for Civil & Structural carries questions on topics like Building Materials, Costing & Valuation, Soil Mechanics, etc.
- For Electrical, questions are mostly asked from topics like Basic Electronics, Circuit Law, Transmission & Distribution and Electrical Machines.
- For Mechanical, topics like Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Statics, Fluid Kinematics and Classification of Steels cover most of the questions.
- Result of SSC JE 2018 Paper 1 will likely be announced by the SSC in March, 2018.
SSC JE 2018 Answer Key
According to the notification issued by SSC JE, the Question Paper and Answer Key will be made available on the official website as soon as the online exam (CBT) is wrapped up in all exam centers across the country.
Eligible candidates sitting for SSC JE Paper 1 have to answer all the objective type questions in 100 minutes. Number of questions is not specified by the conducting authority. Questions related to General Awareness carries 50 marks, General Intelligence & Reasoning carries 50 marks and the remaining 100 marks for General Engineering section.
How to access SSC JE 2018 Answer Key?
- Go to the official website i.e. www.ssc.nic.in.
- Go to the ‘Answer Key’ section.
- Select ‘SSC JE 2018 Answer Key’ link.
- Enter candidate’s name and enrollment number and press enter.
- Match your answers and download the answer key for all future references.
SSC JE 2018 Paper Analysis (Sectional)
In SSC JE 2018 Paper 1, there are three sections carrying a total of 200 marks. A sectional analysis for Paper 1 is as follows:
General Intelligence & Reasoning –
- This difficulty level of this section is between average & difficult and is designed to test a candidate’s abilities to deal with arithmetical computations, abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships and other analytical functions.
- Analogy, Odd one out, Blood Relations, Meaningful Order, Space Visualization, Alphabetical Series, Statement Conclusions & Assumptions, Decision Making, Figure Pattern, Venn diagram and Operations on Numbers are the topics that were covered.
- Questions from Analogy, Odd one out and Decision Making cover the major part of the question paper. About 9-10 questions from Analogy, 7-8 questions from odd one out, 5-6 from decision making and a few questions from arithmetical number series topic.
- A good score could be 21-23 out of 50.
General Awareness –
- General Awareness comprises of questions from current affairs and both static and current GK with the maximum number of questions from contemporary general awareness.
- Questions are mostly asked about current affairs including books, sports and people.
- The difficulty level of this section is between easy to moderate.
- Attempting 25-26 questions from this section could be a good count.
General Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical Engineering) –
The difficulty level of this section is between moderate to difficult. This section is totally technical, so topics they cover are Civil, Mechanical and Electrical engineering. Candidates have to choose between these three. The sub-topics for each branch are bulleted below separately:
- Fluid Mechanics & Applications
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Statics
- Fluid Kinematics
- Classification of Steels
- Manufacturing Process
- TOM/ DOM
- Basics of Electrical
- Electric Machines
- Circuit Law
- Transmission & Distribution
- AC/ DC Fundamentals
- Star/ Delta Connections
- Basics of Electronics
- RCC & Steel Design
- Building Materials
- Costing & Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Building Materials
- Technical section (Mechanical, Electrical and Civil) of SSC JE 2018 Examination carries maximum 100 marks.
- Candidates having a good knowledge of their streams mechanical, electrical or civil can score really well in this section.
SSC JE 2018 – Sectional Analysis (Paper 2)
Candidates who qualify SSC JE 2018 Paper 1 will be eligible for Paper 2. It carries a total of 300 marks and is conducted in pen & paper mode. Paper 2 also consists of 3 parts (Part A, Part B & Part C), out of which, candidates need to attempt only one part according to the post applied for.
- Part-A is General Engineering in Civil & Structural.
- Part- B consists of questions related to General Engineering in Electrical.
- Part-C carries General Engineering Mechanical question.
- As it is Descriptive Paper, questions are asked more from theory part.
- The difficulty level of this paper is moderate.
PART A - Civil & Structural (General Engineering)
- Difficulty level is between easy and moderate.
- Topics like Building Materials, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Transportation Engineering and Environmental Engineering are important to cover for the question paper.
- 50-60 can be a good score in this section.
PART B- Electrical (General Engineering)
- Candidates selecting electrical section out of the three should have command over topics like Basics of Electrical, Electric Machines, AC/ DC Fundamentals, Transmission & Distribution, Star/ Delta Connections and Basics of Electronics
- The difficulty level of the question paper is between easy and moderate.
- A good score for this part can be around 60.
PART C- Fluid Mechanics & Applications (General Engineering)
- The difficulty level of this part is moderate and for those who are thorough with the syllabus of Fluid mechanics and applications, it can be an easy deal.
- Topics like Thermodynamics, Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Statics, Fluid Kinematics, Classification of Steels, SOM/ KOM, Manufacturing Process and TOM/ DOM are the base for the questions.
- A score around 60 in this part can be a good score.
SSC JE 2018 Cut Off
- The cut off for SSC JE 2018 Exam will be declared only after the announcement of result.
- Cut Off is the minimum qualifying marks set by the conducting authority that a candidate must secure to be eligible for next selection rounds.
- Some of the factors that determine SSC JE Cut Off include previous year cutoff, number of test takers, difficulty level of exam, etc.
- Given below is the expected category-wise cut off marks for Paper 1 & Paper 2. However, SSC will declare the official cut off in the first week of February 2018.
Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
Previous Year SSC JE 2017 Cutoff :