Staff Selection Commission conducts JE examination every year for the posts of Junior Engineers in various disciplines. Candidates are recruited for the post of Junior Engineer, Group B Non- gazette posts by the commission.
- Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria to apply for SSC JE.
- Application forms may get cancelled for those candidates who do fulfil eligibility criteria as per official notification of SSC JE 2017-18.
- Candidates must have diploma or degree in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical discipline and their final result must be declared before or on January 01, 2018.
- Candidates who are in their final year are not eligible for SSC JE 2017-18 Exam.
- There is no percentage requirement in SSC CGL 2017-18 Exam. You should be simply passed in your diploma or degree in engineering.
- They can check the SSC JE eligibility as per age limit, educational qualification, reservation and nationality in this article.
Candidates willing to apply for SSC JE exam, should check SSC JE eligibility released by the Commission. Check the following points to know the post- wise eligibility criteria which are given below:
- Jr. Engineer (CPWD) – Candidates must have diploma/ degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
- Jr. Engineer, Department of posts – They must have three years full time diploma in Civil Engineering from an institution recognized by Central/ state government.
- Jr. Engineer, MES – Candidates must have full time degree/ diploma in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university. They must also have minimum two years of work experience in planning, execution and maintenance inn the relevant discipline.
- Jr. Engineer (QS & C), MES – Candidates should be passed in 12th standard with Building and Quantity surveying sub divisional -II from the institute of surveyors. Candidates with degree/ diploma in Civil Engineering are also eligible for this post.
- Jr. Engineer in Central Water Commission – Degree/ diploma in civil/ mechanical engineering.
- Jr. Engineer in Farrakka barrage Project – Full time diploma/ degree in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Jr. Engineer in Central Water Power Research Station – Three years full time diploma in Civil/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
- Jr. Engineer (Electrical), DTE of Quality Assurance Naval – Candidates must have three years full time diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering from any recognized institution. They must also have minimum two years of work experience in respective fields i.e. Either of the field quality assurance/ quality control/ production/ manufacturing & testing of switch gears, motor generators/ radar/ radio/ telecommunication equipment, network control system, software development & validation etc. including knowledge of various standard and their interpretation.
- Jr. Engineer (Mechanical), DTE of Quality Assurance Naval – Three years full time diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Minimum two years’ work experience in testing of marine engineering propulsion systems including turbines, power generation equipment, hydraulic system, refrigeration, pumps values/ field quality assurance/ quality control/ production/ manufacturing etc. including knowledge of various standards and their interpretation.
Post- wise Age Limit
The age limit varies according to the post. Candidates should be more than 18 years in age of less than 32 years in age. The age limit will be calculated as on August 01, 2017. Candidates can go through following table to know the age limit for all the posts which as mentioned below:
|Central Water Commission||Jr. Engineer(Civil)||Less than 32 years|
|Central Water Commission||Jr. Engineer(Mech.)||Less than 32 years|
|CPWD||Jr. Engineer(Civil)||Less than 32 years|
|CPWD||Jr. Engineer (Electrical)||Less than 32 years|
|Department of Post||Jr. Engineer(Civil)||18-27 years|
|Department of Post||Jr. Engineer (Electrical)||18-27 years|
|MES||Jr. Engineer(Civil)||Less than 30 years|
|MES||Jr. Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)||Less than 30 years|
|MES||Jr. Engineer (Surveying and Contract)||18-27 years|
There is a relaxation in age in SSC JE for reserved categories as per govt. of India rules. The upper age limit for unreserved category is mentioned above in this article. Check the following table for the age relaxation as mentioned below:
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||3 years|
|Physically Handicapped (OH/ HH)||10 years|
|PH (OA/ HH) + OBC||13 years|
|PH (OA/ HH) + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex- Servicemen (General)||3 years after deduction service as on closing date|
|Ex- Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex- Servicemen (SC/ ST)||8 years|
Note: OA – One arm, HH – Hearing handicapped
To be eligible for SSC JE exam, a candidate must be either one of the following
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India, before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of settling here permanently
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from the countries specified below, with the intention of permanently settling in India:
- Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam.