Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB), regulating body of UPTET has clearly defined the guidelines of scanning and uploading of candidate’s photograph and signature in the application form. This year, UPTET 2018 is scheduled for November 4 in pen-paper mode. Last date to apply online for this session is October 3. Register Now @upbasiceduboard.gov.in!
Most of the applicants do not adhere to the given specifications and end up making mistakes in the online form. In the following article, we have detailed down all the information related to UPTET 2018 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details.
UPTET 2018 Photo Specifications
Before filling up the online form, candidate’s photo and signature must be scanned. All of these documents must be uploaded during the submission of application form. The photo size details are as follows:
- Recent passport size photo placed on a white paper, and their signature on the paper.
- The picture should have been clicked against a light-colored, preferably white background.
- Applicant should be looking straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken using a flash make sure that there's no "red-eye".
- Spectacles are allowed, but make sure that there are no reflections and the eyes can be seen clear.
- Hats, caps and dark glasses are not acceptable, only religious headwear is allowed, but it must not cover your face.
|UPTET Photo Specifications|
|Dimensions||200 X 230 pixels|
|File Size||Max. 20 kb|
UPTET 2018 Signature Specifications
Along with the photograph, applicants are also required to attach scanned images of their signature. Listed below are the specifications for the same:
- The signature is not be uploaded separately.
- Photograph and signature must uploaded as one scanned file, by placing the picture on white paper and signing below it.
- Make sure that the signature does not overlap the picture.
- The signature should be limited only up to the white paper.
- Width of the signature should be equal to or less than the width of photograph.
- Signature must be done with a black pen.
- Ensure that there is no other mark on the white paper.
- Use the signature which you can remember or use in usual course.
- A mismatch of signature in later stages can cause problems.
Do’s and Don’ts for Uploading Photograph/ Signature
Apart from the above mentioned technical details, candidates also need to take care of some basic things that may or may not be mentioned in official guidelines. Read them below:
- No old photo should be uploaded. Candidates must upload their latest photo in the form.
- Candidate must look straight towards the camera. An angled face in the photograph will lead to rejection later on.
- White background is preferable.
- Features of face like eyes, nose etc. must be clearly visible in the picture.
- Candidates must ensure that their shoulders are visible in the picture.
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Color to True Color.
- Photo taken from a smartphone will be rejected.
- Since the picture is to be used in a state level exam, candidates must also refrain from uploading casual pictures.
- A picture with dark or landscape background must be avoided.
- Blurred or Unclear pictures will be rejected straight away. Candidates must ensure that picture is clear.
- Spectacles are allowed only if being regularly used.
- Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
- There must be no other object present in the photograph except candidate himself.
- There should not be any shadow or colored light falling on the face of candidates in the photograph.
- Signature should be done in running hands, signature in capital letters will result in cancellation of applications.
How to Upload Photograph and Signature?
Here are the steps that candidates can follow to upload the photo and signature: -
Step 1: Visit the official website for UPTET i.e. upbasiceduboard.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on ‘UPTET Application Form’ link.
Step 3: Enter your personal and academic details for filling the form.
Step 4: After that, click on ‘Save above details and proceed to upload photo’.
Step 5: Select/ Choose the relevant file and upload it.
Step 6: After uploading the picture, candidates can proceed to payment.
CheckUPTET Application Fee