SSC CGL 2018 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE TEST
English Comprehension is the common topic in both the Tiers i.e. Tier 1 and Tier 2 and one word substitution is one of the key topics in SSC CGL English Comprehension section. The difficulty level of the questions ranges from easy to moderate.
Difficulty level of the questions ranges from easy to moderate so proper practice and knowledge can save your much precious time. Important tips and previous year questions are provided in the article.
Read More About SSC CGL
1) Proper Vocabulary: Questions require high vocabulary and proper knowledge about different English terms.
Of the highest quality
2) General Knowledge: Questions are asked from other fields such as medical, transport, technology, religion etc. to check candidate’s general awareness and knowledge.
A remedy for all diseases
A place of shelter for ships
3) Some questions can be solved by looking at the options/choices.
Too willing to obey other people
Subservient and subaltern mean a subordinate.
Sublimate means to refine or purify.
A song sung at the death of a person
Liturgy means a form of public worship
Sonnet is a poem
Ode is a lyrical poem
An error or misprint in printing/ writing
Axiom means a self- evident truth
Jargon is a language of vocabulary that is evident to a particular truth
Agenda means a lost or plan for a meeting or discussion
4) Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Candidates must solve as much previous year questions as they can. They will get to know the pattern of the questions and their difficulty level. Most of the time questions are same or related to the previous years. So practicing is must.
1) A large body of people playing various musical instruments.
2) Solemn religious acts
3) That which cannot be averted
4) Stick with a thick end used in a mortar for pounding
5) An act when people vote in order to make a decision about a particular subject or policy rather than voting for a person
6) Drug which causes people to sleep easily
7) The branch of philosophy concerned with the study of the principles of beauty, especially in art
8) The study of skin
|Vocabulary Building||Manik Joshi|
|Idioms, Phrases and one word substitution||BB Sinha|
Common Entrance Test to Replace CGL and other Bank ...
Who will hold SSC CGL 2018: CBSE or NTA
SSC CGL is a graduate level competitive exam condu ...