Division Accountant CAG under SSC CGL: Divisional Accountant through CGL is one of the most sought-after posts of SSC CGL. Equipped with highest grade pay and other emoluments and allowances, this post also observes the highest cut-off in SSC CGL. Previous Year, candidates scoring above 543 were recruited for the post.
The commission recently released notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post. Last date to apply for the exam is June 16 and the tier I is scheduled for August 2017. The tier I of SSC CGL 2017 will be conducted on multiple dates starting from August 1 to August 20, 2017. All the qualified candidates will be called for Tier 2 where the process will be repeated.
SSC CGL 2017 divisional accountant CAG posts comes under C group.
- Recruitment will be done on the basis of SSC CGL 2017 exam.
- The commencement of online form filling for the SSC CGL divisional account CAG post started from May 16.
- Last date to fill application form is June 16.
- The lower age limit is 18 years as on August 1.
- Upper age limit for CAG DA is 27 years.
- It has a training period of 6 month after which an exam of DAGE has to be cleared to complete the joining process.
- You are on probation period till the DAGE exam is cleared.
- At the time of joining pay scale is Rs.2800.
- Nature of acceptable disabilities are according to the posting preference given:
|Post details||Physical disability permissible|
| Auditor||OA, OL, BL & HH|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant (Offices under C&AG)||OA, OL, OAL,BL,B, LV, HH|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant (Ministry/Departments)||OA,OL, OAL, BL, HH|
Note: OA- one arm affected, OL (One Leg Affected) OLA, (One Arm and One leg Affected), BL (Both Leg Affected), HH (Hearing Impaired).
SSC CGL 2017 Divisional Accountant CAG Vacancy
- There has been no official announcement in reference to vacancy for CAG posts but it is expected to be around 852 or 1000.
- In year 2014 the recruitment done for SSC CGL divisional accountant CAG vacancy came to be around 400.
- There has been a 3 fold increase in the number of vacancies from previous years.
- Till 2013, divisional accountant in CAG was a least preferred post but because of mass recruitment in 2014 the trend shifted and now it is one of the sought after position.
- The upper age limit is 27 years and lower age limit is 18 years for all the DA CAG posts.
- There are expected to be around 1200 vacancies.
SSC CGL 2017 Divisional Accountant CAG Cut off
Cut off is different for each post, according to the competition for the post. There is marginal difference in the cut off for each post but a lot of impact comes on the final result. The factors affecting cut off are:
- Number of candidates
- Difficulty level of exam
- Reservation norms
- Marking scheme
- Number of posts
|Inspector of Post in Department of Post||494.25||473.5||432.25||416.75|
|Divisional Accountant in offices under CAG||494.25||473.5||431.25||416.75|
|Accountant/Junior Accountant C&AG Offices||426.75||410||363.75||348.25|
|Accountant/Junior Accountant CGA & others||-||408||361.75||347.25|
|Auditor in Offices under CGA & Others||432.5||421||378.75||369|
CheckSSC CGL 2017 Expected Cut off
SSC CGL 2017 Divisional Accountant CAG Job Profile
- Divisional Accountant is best to get posted within the state in the initial years, later you can move to a new state with the longest training period.
- On selection student has to choose a state of his/her choice, once the deadline is over the state allotment will be done according to the SSC CGL merit list.
- 6 months of training period is there, where reporting to office is not compulsory. It is a training period after which you have to appear for the DAGE (divisional account grade examination).
- It is compulsory to clear the exam, before this you are on the probation period. This is conducted twice a year.
- 6 attempts are allowed to clear the DAGE exam.
- The seniority at the divisional accountant post depends on when have you clear the DAGE exam. For example: if you have failed in the DAGE exam and your junior has cleared the exam, then he will be promoted and will be your senior forever.
- In DAGE exam a regional language paper is to be cleared as part of the job requirement, so make your choices of state judiciously.
- DA is the central government employee, who works in the state government offices, on the payroll of state government.
- Once the probation period is over no transfers are possible on basis of your preference. If the orders are issued by state AG, then only a transfer is possible.
- Salary is issued by state government but all the perks are according to the Central Government scheme.
- The monitoring authorities can be from the center or state but monitoring of work is done only once a year.
- You will get only 3 promotions in whole service but there is transfer in every 3 years, within the state.
- You have your own office and enjoy power there, but outside there is no power or respect for this position.
- You can get commission on every bill passed from 0.5% to 1.00%.
- To overcome negative aspects of the post you can give SAS exam after 2 years of service has been completed. Thus, you can get a jump to 4800 GP and can join as AAO (Assistant Account officer).
SSC CGL 2017 Divisional Accountant CAG Pay scale
- The basic GP is of INR 2800/- at the time of joining with the increase in duration of service and rank, there is change in the GP.
- The different post details are as follows :
|Name of post||Ministries/ departments/ other ministries||Grade pay||Nature of difficulties|
|Auditor||Offices under C&AG||2800||OA, OL, BL & HH|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant||Offices under C&AG||2800||OA, OL, OAL,BL,B, LV, HH|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant||Other Ministry/Departments|| 2800||OA,OL, OAL, BL, HH|
SSC CGL 2017 Divisional Accountant CAG Transfer Options
- At the time of training one is asked for his/her preferences.
- Interstate transfers are rare but within state transfer are done in every 3 years.
- Even after promotion the movement is within state.
- Maximum 3 promotions are done in 1 year.
SSC CGL 2017 Divisional Accountant CAG Opportunities
- Once you join DA job you can appear for other government exams still.
- Working opportunities are within the state.
- Your promotion chart is as follows:
|Promotion||GP (Grade pay)|
|divisonal accounts officer||4600|
|Divisional accountant officer||4800|
|SR. Div. Accoutant officer||5400|