The Central Railways promotes employees to Goods Guard through a General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE). All the eligible regular serving Railway employees of Central Railways can apply for the post of Goods Guard which has Level-5 grade pay in 7th pay commission.
Click here to View/Download RRC Central Railway GDCE Official Notification
There are total 125 posts for the Good Guard and out of which 65 are reserved for General category and 33 for OBC category. For, SC category candidates 17 and 10 posts are reserved for ST candidates.
Who all can apply for RRCCR Goods Guard Post?
Only those who are serving as regular employees in Central Railways are eligible to apply. However, those must be working in lower than the Level of pay for which the departmental exam is being held. Also, employees working on same Level of pay can apply for selection from Non-Safety to Safety as well as Safety to Safety posts.
Basically, candidates working in level 5 and below are eligible to apply. If we talk about educational qualification, candidates should have passed a degree from a recognized Board/University/Institute. Those who are awaiting their final results of the degree NEED NOT apply.
Coming to the age limit, the maximum age limit for appearing in the departmental exam will be counted as on the date of notification (i.e. as on 01/12/2017) as shown in below table below:
|Category||Age||Born on or after|
How to apply for RRCCR Goods Guard Post?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply ONLINE by visiting www.rrccr.com.
- Click on - “Online application for Goods Guard under GDCE quota”
- INSTRUCTIONS: Please go through the instructions carefully
- Click on - “Click here to proceed for online application”
- Click on - “Click here to register”
- Fill in the details for registration as per the required fields in the Registration page
- Check each and every detail entered carefully. You will not be able to edit these details after once you
- click on the "Register" button
- Registration number and password will be sent to your registered e-mail address, and, a One Time
- Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered Mobile number on successful registration
- In case you have entered correct email ID and still do not receive the email, please check your Spam,
- Junk folder. The email may have come in this folder also like Spam/Junk email
- Enter OTP as received on your registered mobile
- Click on - “Verify Mobile No.”
- In case OTP is not received, click on “Re-Send OTP”
- In case the mobile number is not correct, click on the check box to enter the correct mobile number. This new Mobile number will be updated against your registration and the new OTP will be again sent to this new Mobile Number.
- Change the password
For further detailed instructions for filling up online application –Click Here to View Instructions for filling Online Application
RRCCR Goods Guard Exam Pattern
- The departmental exam will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The question paper will have 100 questions, each carrying one mark and the duration of the examination will be 90 Minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3.
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- The question paper will be in 5 languages i.e. Marathi, Hindi, Kannada, Urdu and English.
RRCCR Goods Guard Selection Process
The process will comprise of a Computer Based Test (CBT), followed by Document Verification and Medical Examination.
- The selection will be made strictly based on the merit in the computer based test.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of their original documents and Medical Examination.
- The selected employees under GDCE will have to pass prescribed training courses prior to appointment to the post for which they are selected.
- The date, time and venue of the CBT will be fixed by RRC CR and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course.
- Probable date of CBT is March/April 2018.
- Sample mock test will be uploaded on the RRC’s website www.rrccr.com well before the CBT so that the candidates become familiar with the CBT procedure.
Goods Guard is the in-charge of a goods train. Goods Guard salary package falls in in Level-5 of 7th CPC which means salary between INR 29,200-92,300 per month. Erstwhile, in 6th CPC they had a Grade Pay INR 2800. So, now they start with a salary of INR 30,000 to 35,000 per month.
RRCCR Goods Guard 2018 Instructions
- Candidates must be present at the test centre as per the reporting time mentioned in the e-Admit card.
- Candidates should register their name at the registration counter and carry the e- Admit card and a valid ID proof for verification.
- They should also sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator. Biometric registration is a part of attendance and hall ticket verification process and RRC reserves the right to carry out the same either before or during the examination
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any text material, printed, or written, bits of papers or any material except the e-Admit card inside the test hall.
- Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic devices like mobile phones, paging devices, calculators, spy cameras etc.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the test hall till the completion of the entire duration of the exam time. The duration of the entrance examination will be of 90 minutes.
- Candidates must ensure that the computer allotted to them is switched on and if there is any problem with the computer, it should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in chosen language. All questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.