RRB has released the answer key of RRB NTPC Mains which was conducted on January 17, 2017. Candidates can check the RRB NTPC Mains answer key on the official website of Railway Recruitment Board. The exam was scheduled for January 17, 18 and 19, 2017.
RRB NTPC is conducted for various non-technical posts such as CA, TA, ASM, Goods Guard, ECRC, Jr Asst. & Sr. Clerk, Group D. RRB NTPC Mains was conducted in 3 slots. There were 3 sections (General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and General Intelligence) in the exam. The duration of RRB NTPC Mains was 90 minutes with 120 multiple choice questions. The answer key of RRB NTPC Mains will be help candidates assess their performance in the second stage of RRB.
Check Railway Recruitment
How to download RRB NTPC Mains Answer Key?
Follow the steps given below to download the answer key of RRB NTPC Mains:
- Go to the official website of Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
- Enter User ID/ Registration No.
- Enter password and date of birth
- Click Login
- Search for the Answer key section
- Select Exam Date
- Click “Get RRB Answer Key”
- Assess your performance and compare your answers.
RRB NTPC Mains Sectional Highlights
The RRB NTPC Mains exam which was conducted on January 17, 2017 had 120 multiple choice questions in both the slots of the exam.
Know About RRB NTPC Mains Exam Analysis 2017- January 17
LR & Reasoning
The reasoning section had questions from the following topics:
- Sitting Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous (Ranking, Direction Sense, Blood Relations etc.)
The Quantitative Aptitude section of RRB NTPC Mains had questions from Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Compound Interest, Average etc. The difficulty level of the exam ranged from moderate to difficult questions. The table below indicates the difficulty level of different questions of QA section:
|Name of the topic||No. of Questions||Level of Questions|
|Approximation||05||Moderate to Difficult|
|Inequalities||05||Moderate to Difficult|
|Miscellaneous (SI, CI, Speed & Time, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Ages, Ratio)||15||Moderate to Difficult|
|Data Interpretation||20||Moderate to Difficult|
The answers for GK questions asked in RRB NTPC Mains exam are as follows:
- Under Article 356 of the Constitution of India, President’s rule was imposed for the first time in-PEPSU (Patiala and East Punjab States Union) PEPSU was a state of India between 1948 and 1956.
- What is Viticulture-Production of grapes.
- Who discovered penicillin-Alexander Fleming.
- Hacker is Related to – Computer
- Which number of Lok Sabha was formed during 2014 election-16th.
- Celsius and Fahrenheit show the same temperature at-40
- Rowlatt act in which year?-1919.
- Marsh Gas? -Methane
- First international cricket match was played between?-Aus vs. Eng.
- Which of following chemicals is called as saltpeter?-Potassium Nitrate.
- What is the name of the horse of maharana Pratap Singh?-Chetak.
- Aruna Asif Ali hoisted the flag in which movement?-Quit India Movement
- When did Indian constitution come into the first amendment?-1951.
- How many moons do mars have?-2 (Phobos and Deimos).
- Cyprus capital?-Nicosia
- Smallest Continent of the world?-Australia.
- Karnam Malleswari related to which game?-Weightlifting.
- The sorrow of Bengal?-Damodar River.
- Konark Temple made by?-King Narasimhadeva I
- Which boxer is also known as Real Deal?-Evander Holyfield
- Kuchipudi belongs to which state?-Andhra Pradesh.
- The Khurda Road division,Odisha of the East Coast Railway (ECoR. has set a target to install bio-toilets in 2,000 train coaches during 2016-17 as part of?-Swachh Bharat Mission.
- When did Swami Vivekanand deliver his speech in ‘World Religion Conference’ in Chicago city?-1893 World TB day?-24 March.
- The Political parties got the constitutional recognition for the first time in the year?-1985
- Name of the 1st satellite on Moon?-Sputnik 1.
- By which Constitutional Amendment the voting age was reduced from 21 years to 18 years?-61st Amendment.
- Which boxer is known as ‘Real Deal’?-Evander Holyfield.
- The words ‘Satyameva jay ate’ inscribed on the base plate of the emblem of India are taken from ?-Mundaka Upanishad
- Who gave the slogan “Do or die”?-Mahatma Gandhi.
- Mrinalini Sarabhai is related with?-Dance
- Golden temple of Dambulla is present in??-Sri Lanka
- Odd one out (external hard disk, cd, keyboard, digital camera.?-Keyboard.
- Establishment of the Panchayati Raj System was recommended by?-Balwant Rai Mehta Committee Report 1957
Level-Wise Vacancies in RRB NTPC
The below table indicates the exam name, its level and the post open through that level. Candidates can accordingly plan their allotment:
|Exam Name||Level||Post Name|
|RRB NTPC||2nd Level||Commercial Apprentice (CA)|
| ||Goods Guard||Second Stage|
| ||Traffic Apprentice||2nd Level|
| ||Enquiry Cum Reservation Clerk||Second Stage|
| ||Traffic Assistant||2nd Level|
| ||Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist||Second Stage|
|Railway Non-Technical||Mains Exam||Assistant Station Master (ASM)|
|Senior Time Keeper|
|Senior Clerk Cum Typist|