The Central Railway (CR) is amongst the 17 zones of Indian Railway. CR is headquartered at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai. It contains the Vasai Road, Dadar, Mahim and Jalgaon railway divisions. There is no application fee for this RRC Recruitment.
- CR offers 150 openings for the Junior Clerk-cum-Typist posts through General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE). Fill RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Application Form
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 in any stream or equivalent with 50% marks and must have typing speed of 30 w.p.m. in English/25 w.p.m. in Hindi on Computer. Check RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Eligibility
- Jr. Clerk-cum-Typist (150) in Level-2 INR 19,900-63,200 in 7th CPC (erstwhile 6th CPC Grade Pay INR 1900).
- The candidates should be fit in the C-One (C-I) medical tests.
- Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of Written test, Typing test, Document Verification and Medical Examination. Check RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Selection Process
Click here to View/Download Official Notification for Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist
Category-wise Breakup of the Opening
|Category||Number of Posts|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||23|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||36|
RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Railways CR regular employees serving at level 1 can apply.
- CR regular employees who have been granted MACP in Level 2 and above, but working in substantive Level 1 are also eligible for this post.
- Candidates who do not meet the above two criteria must meet the educational qualification mentioned below.
- Every eligible candidate must submit only one application against this opening. Employees who will submit more than one application will be disqualified.
- RPF/RPSF personnel cannot apply in accordance with Railway Board’s Letter No. E(NG)I/2002/PM2/9 dated 11/08/2003 (RBE No. 139/2003).
- Candidates must have passed class 12th (10+2 stage) or its equivalent examination from a recognized college or university, with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate along with minimum typing speed of 30 words per minute in English or 25 words per minute in Hindi.
- The criteria of minimum 50% marks will not be applied to SC/ST/Ex-servicemen candidates.
- The typing speed test can be conducted anytime post the result declaration of written test and only those candidates who will pass this test successfully will be considered for next stages.
- Candidates awaiting results of the 12th examination need not apply.
Upper Age Limit
- General Category: 42 years
- SC/ST: 47 years
- OBC: 45 years
RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Application Process
Following are the steps to apply for the above-mentioned posts:
- Visit the official website of Central Railways at www.rrccr.com.
- Read the detailed instructions available for filling up the application form.
- Click the ‘Online Application for Jr. Clerk-cum-Typist Under GDCE Quota’ link.
- Click the ‘Click here to proceed for online application’ option.
- Click the ‘Click here to register’ button. The application form will be opened.
- Fill all the relevant fields carefully and click ‘Submit’.
- Take a printout of the acknowledgement page containing the registration Id for future reference.
For further detailed instructions for filling up online application – Click Here to View Instructions for filling Online Application
Candidates do not need to send the application printout or mark certificates to RRC by post. The information provided by the candidate during online application will be treated as true and will be subject to verification at a later stage. Any deviation or wrong information found in the details filled in the online application with the original documents produced may result in disqualification of candidate.
RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Selection Process
The process will comprise of a Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by Typing test, Document Verification and Medical Examination.
- The question paper will have 100 questions, each carrying one mark and the duration of the examination will be 90 Minutes.
- On qualifying CBT, candidates will be eligible for next stage of selection i.e. Typing Test as per their merit.
- The selection will be made strictly as per merit in the CBT followed by Typing test.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of their original documents.
- CBT will have multiple choice type questions.
- There will be negative marking in CBT and 1/3 of the allotted mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The questions are likely to include pertaining to General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- Probable date of CBT is March/April 2018.
- Sample mock test will be uploaded on RRC’s website www.rrccr.com well before the CBT so that the candidates become familiar with the CBT procedure.
- The questions under CBT will be in 5 languages i.e. Marathi, Hindi, Kannada Urdu and English.