Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has opened one vacancy for Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) in Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships under the Ministry of Shipping. The pay scale of this General Central Service –Group ‘A’ Gazetted Non-Ministerial permanent post is PB-3, Rs. 15600- 39100 + Grade Pay Rs.5400. Candidates who have any type of physical deformities viz Cerebral Palsy with One Leg affected (Right or Left) (OL)/ Locomotor Disability / Orthopedically Handicapped are considered eligible to apply for this post. Qualified candidates will have to serve the country including Indian coast areas viz. Lakshadweep Islands and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- The candidate who are willing to apply for the post of Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) must hold Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from any recognized University.
- Candidates with experience in General Administration, maintenance and operation of Lighthouses and other aids to Marine Navigation will be given preference.
- Minimum two years of experience in a supervisory capacity in construction, design, and maintenance of reinforced concrete and structural works is required.
Read About UPSC Recruitment 2017
- The upper age limit shall be relaxed by 5 years for Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs. In case ECOs/SSCOs who have finished their initial duration of assignment of 5 years of Military Service and in case whose assignment has been extended beyond five years as on closing date, the Ministry of Defense will issues certificates that will ensure that they will be released within 3 months on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Physically Handicapped Candidates:
- Age relaxation of 10 years (13 years for OBC candidates and 15 years for SC/ST candidates) in upper age limit shall be given to persons suffering from Blindness or low vision, Hearing impairment and Locomotor disability or Cerebral Palsy.
- In case of direct recruitment to all civil posts/services the maximum age limit of the candidate shall not exceed 56 years on the closing date.
- Relaxation of age limit would be permissible to such candidates who have a minimum of 40% disability.
- If a person with disability is entitled to age relaxation by virtue of being a Central Government employee, relaxation to him/her will be acceptable either as a ‘person with disability’ or as a ‘Central Government employee’ whichever will be more beneficial to the candidate.
- Candidates who had been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989: The upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to all candidates who had been domiciled in the State of J&K from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989.
- Central Government Servant: The upper age limit of 5 years (10 years for SC/ST and 8 years for OBC candidates) shall be permissible for Central/U.T. Govt. Servants, as per the orders issued by the Government of India.
- For the candidates who belongs to SC/ST category their age will be relaxed up to 5 years where as for OBC candidates the age is relaxed up to 3 years for the vacancies reserved for them.
How to Apply
Candidates have to visit the official website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsconline.nic.in and check for the notification of application form submission. Fill the application form with legit information without skipping any.
- Give your correct personal details like Name, DOB, Parent’s Name, Address, Contact information.
- Fill up the academic details like qualification, courses, grade, institution name, etc.
- Candidates have to enter their work experience details as well.
- After filling the details applicants have to upload the scanned copy of the following documents.
- certificates relating to educational qualification,
- Date of Birth,
- The file size of the documents must not exceed 2MB and should be scaled and resized in the prescribed format.
- After filling the form candidate has to do the payment either online or offline (at the nearest SBI branch).
- On final submission of the Online Recruitment Application (ORA) candidates are advised to take a print out of the same.
Read About UPSC Recruitment
Depending upon the number of application received, the Commission will shortlist the candidates to a reasonable number for the interview through either of the following methods.
- On the basis of Desirable Qualification (DQ) as prescribed for the post in the advertisement.
- On the basis of higher experience in the applicable field as prescribed for the post in the advertisement.
- By conducting a recruitment test.
Selection through Interview: The category-wise minimum qualifying marks scored by the candidates to qualify the interview round is mentioned below.
Selection through Recruitment Test: The recruitment test is followed by the interview round and candidates have to qualify each.