Indian Maritime University CET is scheduled to be conducted on the 16th of August, 2020. The results for this examination will be declared by the second week of June, 2020 at imu.edu.in. As per the officials, no IMU CET answer keys will be released by the regulating body.
The unofficial answer keys will be released by various centres and other news channels. With the help of IMU CET answer key, candidates can calculate their probable score, and get a fair idea about their chances of getting admission in the university. Furthermore, to calculate the scores correctly, candidates must know the marking scheme of IMU CET 2020.
IMU CET 2020 Answer Key will be available on the official website just a day after the exam is conducted.
- Candidates should download the answer key for self-assessment.
- Actual answers can be compared with the candidate's answer.
Answer keys will be available along with the question paper on the official website. Also, various other individual institutes also release their own unofficial answer keys.
How to Check IMU CET 2020 Answer key?
Step 1: Visit the official website of IMU CET i.e. imu.edu.in
Step 2: Click on “IMU CET 2020 Answer key”.
Step 3: Verify the questions and download the answer key.
Step 4: Secure it for future use.
IMU CET 2020 Paper Analysis
Paper analysis is a useful approach that helps us understand trends, predict the importance of certain topics, and help students get an in-depth insight for better preparation. Students can plan their own study strategy with the help of paper analysis of previous years.
Listed below is the detailed paper analysis of the examination. Read on!
- IMU CET was divided into 6 sections.
- B.Tech aspirants were tested for their knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude.
- MBA aspirants were tested on Verbal, Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning abilities.
- The subject wise bifurcation of number of questions in each section is as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions|
Section A: Physics
Physics section was moderate with 50 questions in total. Questions were not much time consuming but were a little tricky. It consisted of questions related to:
- 4 questions on Nuclear Physics
- 5 questions on Energy and Power
- 7 questions on Electrostatics
- 5 questions on Properties of Matter
- 9 questions on Laws of Motion and Work
- 7 questions on Semiconductor Devices
- 8 questions on Current Electricity
- 5 questions on Magnetic Effects
Section B: Chemistry
This Section had 25 questions in total with a moderate difficulty level. Questions were more time consuming here. Topics included in this section were:
- 5 questions on Electrochemistry
- 3 questions on Thermodynamics
- 6 questions on Carbonyl Compounds
- 3 questions on Atomic structure
- 4 questions on Carboxylic Acids
- 4 questions on Chemical Equilibrium
Section C: Mathematics
Questions in this section took up most of the time of the students therefore considered as the most difficult section. In total, it had 50 questions. The topics covered were:
- 3 questions on Matrices
- 9 questions on Trigonometry
- 7 questions on Vector Algebra
- 3 questions on Differential Calculus
- 5 questions on Differential Equations
- 6 questions on Probability Distributions
- 4 questions on Integral Calculus
- 6 questions on Discrete Mathematics
- 7 questions on Series Completion
Section D: English
This section is considered as the easiest by the candidates. It was least time consuming. The section contained 25 questions in total. Topics covered were:
- 2 questions on Passage Completion
- 7 questions on Error Correction
- 8 questions on Cloze Test
- 8 questions on Comprehension Passage i.e. 2 passages with 4 questions each.
Section E: General Knowledge
This section tested the General Awareness of the candidate and had 25 questions in total comprised of various topics as:
- 5 questions on Business News
- 4 questions on International News
- 8 questions on National News etc
Section F: Aptitude
This was the trickiest section of the exam comprising 25 questions in total. Various topics covered were:
- 5 questions on Series completion
- 3 questions on Blood Relations
- 4 questions on Directions
- 5 questions on Puzzles
- 4 questions on Data sufficiency
- 4 questions on Arrangements
How to Check the IMU CET Result?
The results for this session were released on June 5 and the IMU CET rank card was published on the official portal. The counselling process commenced from September, 2020.
Details mentioned in IMU CET Result/ Score card
- Name of the Candidate
- Candidate’s Registration Number
- Total Marks
- Overall Rank
- Subject Opted
- Marks secured in each section
Steps to Check the IMU CET Result:
Candidates can apply through online mode on the website by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. imu.edu.in
Step 2: Open the link and search for “IMU CET Result 2020”.
Step 3: On the result tab, enter your roll number to check the result.
Step 4: Download the result in PDF format.
Step 5: Candidates are instructed to take a printout of the result.
Step 6: Keep safe the IMU CET Result till the admission process is over.
IMU CET 2020 Counselling
Candidates who are shortlisted will have to participate in the online counselling of IMU CET 2020.
- The online counselling registration will start from September, 2020 for all programmes with the exception of BBA.
- Three separate lists of candidates will be published in the fourth week of June, first week of July, and the second week of July 2020 respectively. Classes are to commence from the first week of August.
- Students will have to register themselves for the online IMU CET counseling 2020 for the programs that are offered at the various IMU campuses.
- Before the candidates choose the program and institute in which they wish to seek admission, they will have to first pay the non-refundable counselling fee of INR 10,000 either through net banking, credit or debit card for registration.
- Candidates will be allotted seats to the IMU CET campus on the basis of the rank secured by them in the IMU CET 2020, category of the candidate, choice of program and campus; number of seats that are available.
- After the allotment of seats, candidates will be issued a provisional seat allotment letter, which they can download once they have logged in.
- Once the seat is allotted to the candidate, they will have to pay a non-refundable program fee of INR 25,000 before the stipulated date.
- There are 21 participating institutions for IMU CET. students can choose colleges based on their preference of program.
Note: The IMU CET 2020 counselling is only for the programs that are offered at the five campuses of IMU CET. The affiliated colleges will conduct their counselling separately and candidates will have to apply directly for admission to these institutes.
IMU CET 2020 Cut off (Expected)
- The university will release the cut off rank for all courses offered in various institutions.
- It will be released after the declaration of IMU CET result 2020.
- Candidates can check the cut off ranks through online mode from the university website.
- The university will provide the cut off ranks which candidates can check as per the course opted by them.
- Candidates can view the opening and closing ranks which are required to score for admission in the applied course.
IMU CET – Previous Years Cut Off
After one day of the exam, the answer key will be released. The university will release the cut off as opening and closing ranks. As per the opening and closing ranks, candidates can find themselves as eligible for the counselling or not. Here, we are providing the last year cut off ranks for all categories in UG courses.
Cutoff depends on various factors such as the total number of applicants for a particular course, number of seats available, difficulty level of the exam, and overall performance of candidates.
|Courses||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|General category||SC Category||ST Category||General category||SC Category||ST Category|
|B.Tech (Marine Engineering)||177||123||117||145||88||81|
|B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)||161||119||110||134||79||76|
|B.Sc (Ship Building & Repairing) B.Sc (Nautical Science)||169||118||109||127||65||64|
|B.Sc (Marine Science)||164||111||108||121||69||65|
|Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science)||161||113||111||121||71||67|